Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Hope we are having a look at Luka sucic currently playing against Italy, usually a centre midfielder but tonight playing right of the striker

2 hours ago, John said:

Not quite sure what a "scuffer" is...(it may be something different to what it once was🤔) if it now means a good player, who gave everything for our shirt last time round and could be a bargain, if he can come good again following a serious injury (something that applies to a few of our players), then I agree 110%. ;)

Just that he tends to scuff his shots, not a huge fan of his.

Appreciate his attitude, personality and “dedication to the cause”… he played his part. That was a long time ago though  and he hasn’t really progressed… a shame about the injuries.

I don’t think he’s a great or very technical player… it’s just my view and I know a lot of people love him so I try n keep quiet 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Rui Patricio left roma, 36 now but maybe a better back up option ?

Certainly better than Olsen… wonder what his wage demands would be.

1 hour ago, allani said:

Can't help too much on this.  I mean on the face of it he's made 99 appearances (almost 90 starts) for Juventus so you'd think he'd be flying.  However, I think it is possibly down to playing a slightly different role at Juve (who do seem to be very dull at the moment) rather than being a key player at Sassuolo.  His stats this year were a bit closer to where they were in 20/21 when he looked really good.  He's not really featured for Italy in the last 2 seasons though.  The fact that Cristante is being picked ahead of him isn't a great sign (although you never quite know what different managers want and I wouldn't judge many English players by whether Southgate picks them or plays them). 

I try not to watch Juve too much (bit like avoiding watching City) but I think there was a Juve / Villa fan on the Luiz thread who might give better insight.  From my limited knowledge I think Juve are looking to pretty much replace their midfield this season - Luiz was the start but rumours are that they are trying to add at least 2 more midfielders.  So Locatelli going makes sense.  If we had the Locatelli of Euro 2020/21 then he'd be a good signing.  Definitely more defensive minded that our other options in midfield.  But I'm not entirely sold.

I think Motta will revive them… and possibly him. The talent is there and yeah, a much better player than Cristante. I feel so sad about how weak Italy’s squad is.

Loving the links to Kayode and Beier, but we still need another CM and, possibly, a CB as well.

This could be a huge squad overhaul this summer, which I guess we might as well try to do whilst we have the appeal of Champions League football.

IN

Iling-Junior

Barrenechea

Maatsen

Kayode

Beier

Barkley

CM

CB

GK

OUT

Luiz

Chambers

Olsen

Coutinho

Cash

Duran

Moreno

Dendoncker

Diego Carlos

Kellyman

If that was our remaining business for the summer we would have an incredibly strong group of players in every position.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 1

Take it nobody has ever seen Beier play then? By now we would usually have had 4/5 German football experts delivering their final opinions on the player and how excited or not we should all be. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Take it nobody has ever seen Beier play then? By now we would usually have had 4/5 German football experts delivering their final opinions on the player and how excited or not we should all be. 

He played last night 😉

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I think Motta will revive them… and possibly him. The talent is there and yeah, a much better player than Cristante. I feel so sad about how weak Italy’s squad is.

No he isnt 😉

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Any good? 

I only saw game in background but he was hustling a bit and looked stationed left wing last night. Makes him sound like Andi Weimann 😂

He had a good season at Hoffenheim but he is still raw. Be another development player but dont see it happening

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

This guy (Manuel Locatelli) looked ace in the last Euros… what happened? They want him out? Why wasn’t he picked for Italy (woefully weak squad, sad to see)???

Would he be a good signing for us?

Any idea my guys? @allani @romavillan

Certainty passes the eye candy test!

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

If he was that good all the top clubs would be after him. 

Agreed, we should only go after players that the likes of Madrid, City etc are in for and begin the season fielding a full academy team after failing to sign any of them.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Hope we are having a look at Luka sucic currently playing against Italy, usually a centre midfielder but tonight playing right of the striker

Another from Salzburg

Would be madness if we hadn't scouted them at this stage, they've got about 6 potentially class players 

Â