Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

If he was that good all the top clubs would be after him. 

This has been said about so many players over the years and doesn’t mean anything because many top players move and be very successful but don’t have any top clubs bidding for the m in public information.  I’m not saying he’s great or not but I hear this all the time over the years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This has been said about so many players over the years and doesn’t mean anything because many top players move and be very successful but don’t have any top clubs bidding for the m in public information.  I’m not saying he’s great or not but I hear this all the time over the years.

Other teams probably said that when we got Kamara  

Edited by MSvillain

It's been ten days since the villainous club began contacts to know first-hand the situation of the soccer player and, as the information from the English media points out, Aston Villa understands that, if it presents a sufficiently succulent offer, Real Sociedad would not put too many impediments to a presumed transfer.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If top clubs aren't after him it means there are question marks over his ability to reproduce his performances in the top leagues. Portugal is very well scouted league, and with his goals and assist over the last 2 or 3 seasons big team would move for him if those question marks weren't there. Now granted there are always doubts but it's the scale of those doubts, combined with a 70 to 80 million price tag. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I hear the writer is also a fan of succulent Chinese meals 

Democracy manifest!

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

If my auntie had bollocks she’d be my uncle.

or trans, prosthetics have come a long way

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

This guy (Manuel Locatelli) looked ace in the last Euros… what happened? They want him out? Why wasn’t he picked for Italy (woefully weak squad, sad to see)???

Would he be a good signing for us?

Any idea my guys? @allani @romavillan

Can't help too much on this.  I mean on the face of it he's made 99 appearances (almost 90 starts) for Juventus so you'd think he'd be flying.  However, I think it is possibly down to playing a slightly different role at Juve (who do seem to be very dull at the moment) rather than being a key player at Sassuolo.  His stats this year were a bit closer to where they were in 20/21 when he looked really good.  He's not really featured for Italy in the last 2 seasons though.  The fact that Cristante is being picked ahead of him isn't a great sign (although you never quite know what different managers want and I wouldn't judge many English players by whether Southgate picks them or plays them). 

I try not to watch Juve too much (bit like avoiding watching City) but I think there was a Juve / Villa fan on the Luiz thread who might give better insight.  From my limited knowledge I think Juve are looking to pretty much replace their midfield this season - Luiz was the start but rumours are that they are trying to add at least 2 more midfielders.  So Locatelli going makes sense.  If we had the Locatelli of Euro 2020/21 then he'd be a good signing.  Definitely more defensive minded that our other options in midfield.  But I'm not entirely sold.

21 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I hear the writer is also a fan of succulent Chinese meals 

One of my favourite videos and characters of all time! 😂

" What was the crime???!!! "

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 3

Â