Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Alot of Chelsea fans actually seem quite annoyed about them giving us Maatsen lol

A lot of Chelsea fans are genuinely baffled by what their ownership does in any given situation. 

1 minute ago, DJBOB said:

Ah Diaby of course. Solidifies the second striker and wide mid spots. 

RB, CM, CB. Wouldn’t surprise me if we got someone that can play at least 2/3 of them. 

Yeah bang on with those needs. 
I’m excited to see who the heads have identified and setting their sights on. 

we’re getting awfully close to that stage when we can honestly say we can get anyone that we want and they’ll have their heads turned at the thought of our project. 

we’re building something special, I think another year of cutting and selling deadwood and we’ll have a true Emery squad and push in all competitions 

2 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Some midfielder options outside of the Premier League that I hope we have had a look at.

Mats Wieffer (Feyenoord)

Youssouf Fofana (AS Monaco)

Ederson (Atalanta)

Matt O’Riley (Celtic)

Angelo Stiller (Stuttgart)

Jerdy Schouten (PSV)

Mikel Merino (Real Sociedad)

Exequiel Palacios (Leverkusen)

I watch a bit of Serie A and have been impressed with Ederson on the few occasions I've seen him play, I think Fofana would be the perfect fit for us but Ederson is a good shout also. Just does a bit of everything as part of the two in midfield and can offer a bit of what both Kamara and Luiz have combined, which I think is the kind of midfielder the squad could really do with at the moment. There's been talk previously of Spurs and Newcastle wanting him and you can see why, seems the kind of player that's made for the Premier League.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Was talking to a Pool fan who thinks it’s money laundering. He was also pissy about them not doing much in the transfer window. Hilarious having a conversation with these people.

• Like 1

Apparently the Nico Williams deal is " too rich " for Chelsea in both fee and salary.

Fabrizio saying it would be 58 mill Euros plus tax.

Also on big money.

I wonder if anyone will be willing to break the bank for him?

Even if we decided to say f*ck it and go for him, it's the salary which would be the issue.

Zirkzee‘s agent wants a £12.6mill bribe for his client to sign on the dotted line … that’s one of my main gripes with PSR is that agents fees are counted and to get players to sign for us over a more recent prestigious team will cost us more no doubt in agents fees… it’s wrong they can charge whatever they like to get their clients to join a club  

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently the Nico Williams deal is " too rich " for Chelsea in both fee and salary.

Fabrizio saying it would be 58 mill Euros plus tax.

Also on big money.

I wonder if anyone will be willing to break the bank for him?

Even if we decided to say f*ck it and go for him, it's the salary which would be the issue.

Yeah I think it's the salary side we are being really careful with if that new team spending cap is being introduced.  I half suspect that's why Doug is leaving, we told him we aren't going to be giving out say £150k+ per week deals that he could expect at his age and quality and said he could go if he wanted.

• Like 1

Williams has said he's happy at Bilbao. He might never leave them for Basque players it's basically like playing for their country, they sell so few players because of this, I think they've only made something like five sales in the last ten years, and because they sell so few players, when they do so, the player being sold will cost more than they usually would, because it's rare they make money by that means. His brother was also constantly linked with a big money away but never did and I'm not sure he ever will now being in his thirties

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Had a Liverpool fan from work giving me some 💩 today on the work chat saying the club is cheating selling youth players for more than they are worth, hopes the PL throw the book at us 🤣 bitter 👊💦

Then a Stoke fan joins in saying we are cooking the books as we are buying players when we are 100m in debt 

Honestly rival fans hate us and I love it!! 

This is all getting very complicated. I have seen simpler trade deals than what Villa are planning to do this summer. Sad to see Luiz go but I have confidence in our overall strategy.

Edited by The Fun Factory

3 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Had a Liverpool fan from work giving me some 💩 today on the work chat saying the club is cheating selling youth players for more than they are worth, hopes the PL throw the book at us 🤣 bitter 👊💦

Then a Stoke fan joins in saying we are cooking the books as we are buying players when we are 100m in debt 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Any conspiracy theories want to put 3 and 5 together?

Jack at Juventus Academy...

Although I think they have Academies in different countries.

Screenshot_20240623_164547_Facebook-min.jpg

Juventus academy is some sort of nightclub franchise

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Well he can **** right off…. just look at their previous sales of youth or the inflated  fee they got for Fabinho from the Saudis, and no doubt will get for Salah… Also let’s we how much they rate Tyler Morton @ whose being linked to Leipzig … 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Weird comments, all they are doing is player trading. Is Kellyman worth 19m? I doubt it but then again we never get to see him play. Luiz has been under valued and the others have been fair market

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Weird comments, all they are doing is player trading. Is Kellyman worth 19m? I doubt it but then again we never get to see him play. Luiz has been under valued and the others have been fair market

It’s also Chelsea blowing up the market with outrageous spending. Carney for £20m after 2 starts? Some 17 year old from Brazil for potential €57m? Over a billion spent in 2 years? Madness. And Villa is the problem…

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Let's face it, we've joined the Chelsea sort of way of doing things which everyone hated previously.  The hypocrisy will be rife absolutely everywhere...

...but the youth players thing is something Liverpool (and other clubs) have done for ages.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Let's face it, we've joined the Chelsea sort of way of doing things which everyone hated previously.  The hypocrisy will be rife absolutely everywhere...

...but the youth players thing is something Liverpool (and other clubs) have done for ages.

We havent done anything like chelsea

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Let's face it, we've joined the Chelsea sort of way of doing things which everyone hated previously

What have we done that’s like Chelsea? We are literally doing player purchases and sales.  None seem to be inflated.  The only one that maybe iffy is Dobbin and Tim but if that’s dodgy then we are doing it wrong because £10m doesn’t go very far.

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

We havent done anything like chelsea

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

What have we done that’s like Chelsea? We are literally doing player purchases and sales.  None seem to be inflated.  The only one that maybe iffy is Dobbin and Tim but if that’s dodgy then we are doing it wrong because £10m doesn’t go very far.

What I meant was the dislike people had for Chelsea potentially doing "deals" with linked clubs (and Saudi clubs) and how it would be terrible for the game etc.  We're doing this now - and, actually, I'm not sure Chelsea have done that at all :D

Similar whataboutery was put on Newcastle and Saudi clubs because they owned each other and would do dodgy deals which would be corrupt and a way around FFP.

Instead, it's Villa doing all the creative accounting that we would obviously have hated if it had been any other club.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â