Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

no idea if true, from sky transfer centre

image.png.be8c150d6c9f655b9fc321b6117a3ca3.png

I mentioned him last year good player not sure if he’s a Luiz replacement .

22 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Unai-and-the-Brain-Trust.jpg

Can't wait for some of the names identified in this folder to materialise in the weeks ahead.

This picture is so funny to think about. Just can't imagine Emery saying "alright lads, I'm going to take a selfie with this folder on the title page. Got to look like we mean business. Look at the phone lads.... Say cheese. Nah that's shit, can't see the text on the folder and Monchi's not looking.  Let me do it again."

• Haha 1

Has anyone posted this? Doesn’t seem like Mikel Merino is a target…

Is there an interest in the Aston Villa in Mikel Merino?

It's all a lie. There has been no interest in signing Mikel Merino while I have trained Aston Villa. One invents a rumor and throws it. People pick it up and make it their own. Real has very good footballers and there could be interesting players for Aston Villa, but we haven't even promoted interest in any player. In the specific case of Merino there is nothing.”

https://real-sociedad.diariovasco.com/emery-aston-villa-interes-fichar-mikel-merino-20240623183228-nt.html

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I might be proven wrong but I think Barkley is going to be an excellent signing and be a staple of that midfield this season

I won’t be happy to see Barkley starting regularly for us (unless he make a big surprise). However a lot of games where we have been attacking only and failing to have an impact, he’d be a good option to have and start different games.

He would be a very good addition to the squad, I’m sure Emery will utilize him. 

28 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Has anyone posted this? Doesn’t seem like Mikel Merino is a target…

Is there an interest in the Aston Villa in Mikel Merino?

It's all a lie. There has been no interest in signing Mikel Merino while I have trained Aston Villa. One invents a rumor and throws it. People pick it up and make it their own. Real has very good footballers and there could be interesting players for Aston Villa, but we haven't even promoted interest in any player. In the specific case of Merino there is nothing.”

https://real-sociedad.diariovasco.com/emery-aston-villa-interes-fichar-mikel-merino-20240623183228-nt.html

Well that’s clear as day telling me we’re balls deep into Mikel Merino

• Haha 4

So he's ruling out Merino but saying they could have interesting players for us, Martín Zubimendi has been suggested as Douglas Luiz replacement, and Brais Méndez, and Takefusa Kubo have both been linked previously 💭

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, useless said:

So he's ruling out Merino but saying they could have interesting players for us, Martín Zubimendi has been suggested as Douglas Luiz replacement, and Brais Méndez, and Takefusa Kubo have both been linked previously 💭

Zubimendi would be a dream!!

Add a RB and say a Méndez and we’re really cooking. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Some midfielder options outside of the Premier League that I hope we have had a look at.

Mats Wieffer (Feyenoord)

Youssouf Fofana (AS Monaco)

Ederson (Atalanta)

Matt O’Riley (Celtic)

Angelo Stiller (Stuttgart)

Jerdy Schouten (PSV)

Mikel Merino (Real Sociedad)

Exequiel Palacios (Leverkusen)

Top two on the list would be the smartest buys.

I still think we need two central midfielders.

Kamara gets injured a lot and is going to miss half of next season.
Tielemans gets injured a fair bit and can blow out his arse at times, he also sometimes plays a more advanced role
New Juventus lad has only had 1 season of first team football at a crap Serie A club, plus he doesn't look a world beater on his stats
Barkley has had doubtful fitness in the past and I wouldn't trust him with loads of game time.

Signing Wieffer and Fofana for a combined 45m makes a lot of sense

• Like 2

GK - Martinez, Olsen, Gauci - I think we’re all set here though it’s a big call if Olsen is sold and no other experienced keeper brought in. Emi will prioritize Argentina and has had niggling hamstring injuries. 

LB - Maatsen, Digne, Moreno, Iling-Junior - all set, would expect one of Digne or Moreno to leave.

CB - Pau, Konsa, Mings, Diego - it looks okay on paper but Mings will only be at the 1 year mark at the beginning of the season from his ACL. The 3 of Pau, Konsa, and Diego won’t solve our aerial problems. Ideally, a swap with Diego and a more Unai type CB.

RB - Cash, Konsa - continues to be a glaring problem.

CM - Barkley, Tielemans, Enzo, McGinn and Kamara second half- same problems as CB. Looks paper thin and think there will be one more added

Wide Midfielder - Bailey, Rogers, JJ, Buendia, McGinn, Dobbins, Iling-Junior - think this is more than covered now. 

Second Striker - Buendia, Rogers, McGinn, Tielemans - I think enough players here to play cover but I wouldn’t be surprised if we get someone who can play as an 8 and a 10 (Gallagher)

Striker - Watkins, Duran, Archer - questions about Duran transferring out but I don’t expect anything else here. 

For me - RB, CM, CB is what we have left. 

I think Enzo is a good move overall but you can see why Unai and co. had McKennie as a target as someone that could play CM, RB, wide mids and the number 10 position. 

Edited by DJBOB

For me we will want a right back, centre back, 2 x CM and a striker.

I would have David, Fofana, Wieffer, Todibo and the right back depends on if it is still going to be a defensive right back, right now AWB for me, apparently that lot can be secured for 120

Out

Cash
Carlos
Digne/Moreno
Dendonker
Chambers
KKH
Hause
Duran 
Archer

Coutinho if he hasn't left already?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

GK - Martinez, Olsen, Gauci - I think we’re all set here though it’s a big call if Olsen is sold and no other experienced keeper brought in. Emi will prioritize Argentina and has had niggling hamstring injuries. 

LB - Maatsen, Digne, Moreno, Iling-Junior - all set, would expect one of Digne or Moreno to leave.

CB - Pau, Konsa, Mings, Diego - it looks okay on paper but Mings will only be at the 1 year mark at the beginning of the season from his ACL. The 3 of Pau, Konsa, and Diego won’t solve our aerial problems. Ideally, a swap with Diego and a more Unai type CB.

RB - Cash, Konsa - continues to be a glaring problem.

CM - Barkley, Tielemans, Enzo, McGinn and Kamara second half- same problems as CB. Looks paper thin and think there will be one more added

Wide Midfielder - Bailey, Rogers, JJ, Buendia, McGinn, Dobbins, Iling-Junior - think this is more than covered now. 

Second Striker - Buendia, Rogers, McGinn, Tielemans - I think enough players here to play cover but I wouldn’t be surprised if we get someone who can play as an 8 and a 10 (Gallagher)

Striker - Watkins, Duran, Archer - questions about Duran transferring out but I don’t expect anything else here. 

For me - RB, CM, CB is what we have left. 

I think Enzo is a good move overall but you can see why Unai and co. had McKennie as a target as someone that could play CM, RB, wide mids and the number 10 position. 

Thanks for the detailed breakdown Bob, hard to track sometimes but no Diaby in there so he could play along the 3 attacking positions.

I’m the same but think we need another defensive mid along with the other positions.

good work brother 👌

Edited by CroVillan

3 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Thanks for the detailed breakdown Bob, hard to track sometimes but no Diaby in there so he could play along the 3 attacking positions.

I’m the same but think we need another defensive mid along with the other positions.

good work brother 👌

Ah Diaby of course. Solidifies the second striker and wide mid spots. 

RB, CM, CB. Wouldn’t surprise me if we got someone that can play at least 2/3 of them. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â