Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

28 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

That team seems to be overlooking Buendia, Mings and Ramsey. All unavailable last season. Ramsey and Buendia will be fully fit with preseason under their belts too.

Hopefully they all are, I’m very fond of all 3. But, at this point, it’s hard to predict what kind of condition they will be in and form they can sustain.

Still don’t help us in central midfield…

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Alot of Chelsea fans actually seem quite annoyed about them giving us Maatsen lol

The way Cucurella is performing in the Euros should give them some solice though. 

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Destroyed ?? Did you think the same with bruno Fernándes whwn manure signed him?

He would a fantastic signing

Bruno played centre midfield and not a wide player like Goncalves. Bruno is also physically bigger and dirtier who also played in Italy

3 minutes ago, Isa said:

Think that is a legitimate concern though as our percentages regarding aerial duels were pretty bad across the board. Even with players you would expect a high ratio from like Carlos. So I am sure it is something that will underpin our recruitment profile this summer. 

Perhaps, doubt we are valuing height above football ability thou.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Well, of course. Our recruitment team should be good enough to find players with both. 

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Not a chance… if we are signing tall, physical players they will be the most technically gifted around. No cloggers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Not a chance… if we are signing tall, physical players they will be the most technically gifted around. No cloggers.

A younger version of Palhinha would be a perfect signing for us.

Barrenchea is over 6ft so that should help a bit.

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He picks up knocks, strains, niggles and wasn’t consistently available (would’ve helped us at crucial times if he was).

Eh? The only injury I remember him getting all season was that groin injury picked up against Chelsea, he then came back earlier than he should have to help us out v Liverpool.

Just now, VillaChris said:

A younger version of Palhinha would be a perfect signing for us.

Barrenchea is over 6ft so that should help a bit.

We may finally have quality DM depth… I’m a bit excited about Enzo, could be better than expected/anticipated. We may yet sign another DM but we have to replace Dougie.

How the hell are we going to get rid of Dendoncker though?

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Eh? The only injury I remember him getting all season was that groin injury picked up against Chelsea, he then came back earlier than he should have to help us out v Liverpool.

Was also out over xmas remember with Donk coming in for the Man. United game.

Edit: Withdrew v Arsenal at half time on 9th December and didn't return until Everton game in late January.

Tielemans is top class as he showed last night and I do think he can replace Doug...however he won't be as durable and start over 40 games as Luiz did last season, little chance of that so we're going to rotate far more and that will impact on prem results imo.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Ok, let’s have a quick look.

PL - 17 starts, substituted in 15 games, missed 6 games due to injuries. 

Missed 2 ECL games with injury.

Compared to Dougie, 35 PL starts (not substituted once). Suspended once. No injuries.

I expect further improvement from him anyway, but I don’t feel confident about him being regularly reliable, available and consistent. I’d be very happy to be proven wrong.

He cannot be our only option in terms of that role or position.

Edited by Jas10

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Ok, let’s have a quick look.

PL - 17 starts, missed 6 games due to injuries.

Compared to Dougie, 35 PL starts. Suspended once. No injuries.

I expect further improvement from him anyway, but I don’t feel confident about him being regularly reliable, available and consistent. I’d be very happy to be proven wrong.

He cannot be our only option in terms of that role or position.

So two periods of injury in a long season. Not exactly an unreliable sicknote.

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Indeed, there are also short football on players who are technically shit.

I know because I'm one of them 😃.

Beon Lailey!

I play all along the back 4 and can occasionally shoot up the wings if anyone was wondering.

Pretty quick but I generally pull things if I try to turn too fast.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

So two periods of injury in a long season. Not exactly an unreliable sicknote.

Not terrible, I didn’t call him that either. But can he be as robust as Dougie?

I’m not writing him off but think there is a valid doubt or concern… brilliant if he manages it. No questioning his talent.

Worth considering how often Youri was subbed off too… seeing him knackered was not unusual.

Edited by Jas10

Was there any PSR benefit to the Coutinho contract severance? Or was it just a mutual consent type thing? I assume we can still amortise his fee over the full contract or do we have to take a bigger hit on it sooner because of it ending sooner 

There's a weird amount of "as it stands I don't like the starting eleven", "if the season started tomorrow we'd be in trouble" etc going around considering it's not even July yet. Plenty of time, incomings and outgoings to go before there's any need for that kind of talk.

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

There's a weird amount of "as it stands I don't like the starting eleven", "if the season started tomorrow we'd be in trouble" etc going around considering it's not even July yet. Plenty of time, incomings and outgoings to go before there's any need for that kind of talk.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Was there any PSR benefit to the Coutinho contract severance? Or was it just a mutual consent type thing? I assume we can still amortise his fee over the full contract or do we have to take a bigger hit on it sooner because of it ending sooner 

dunno beyond my knowledge, I'd assume the cost is all in one go

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â