Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

12 minutes ago, picicata said:

It's the first game of the season so we will lose it even if we have signed all the best players in the world. It's what we do.

and we will open a Relegation Thread at half time :P 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Both are behind Luiz in attacking sense though

Yeah, like most of the suggestions. I don’t think it’s going to be easy to replace him and what he gave us… 

If Youri could stay fit and sharp over a whole season maybe, but he can’t.

There will be some tinkering, maybe get a superior or more creative player in attack and have a more “solid” midfield.

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Zubimendi or Merino?

Javi Guerra From Valencia … younger and more realistic target IMO … 

Edited by thabucks

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Dougie had a lot of attributes… considering his style, composure and ability on the ball, he was a goal threat too..

some of the players mentioned as replacements don’t offer everything he did (but might make up for it in other ways like added physicality) such as goals and creativity (clear cut chances).

His ability from set pieces and penalties too…

I think we’ll sign someone like Baena who will do that 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Would be an awful starting lineup. Midfield looking far weaker (Barkley starting, WTAF), Cash still at right back, and assumes we won't make any further signings for the first 11. West Ham would likely beat that team I'd say.

Take out Cash for Geertruida/Todibo and Barkley for Fofana/Zubimendi and suddenly we look a lot better. 

That’s not our system/formation but it is a relatively weak central midfield. Barkley is not that guy, but he can be useful for the squad. Barrenechea could surprise at DM…

Think we’ll still have Konsa or a similar player at RB… Cash will be sold if we get a decent offer. LB will bomb on.

A couple of positive performances from McGinn and Tielemans doesn’t mean they can do it over the majority of the season. Tbh… we ve probably failed in our recruitment if we have to keep sticking John in a CM role, he’s more suited and preferred to RM or SS in Unai’s system.

More business will be done, just need to be patient 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think we’ll sign someone like Baena who will do that 

Yeah, most likely… but he’s not a central or midfield player like some keep suggesting. Not a replacement for Dougie but could give us the added creativity (and set piece threat) from a more advanced or wide position.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

That’s not our system/formation but it is a relatively weak central midfield. Barkley is not that guy, but he can be useful for the squad. Barrenechea could surprise at DM…

Think we’ll still have Konsa or a similar player at RB… Cash will be sold if we get a decent offer. LB will bomb on.

A couple of positive performances from McGinn and Tielemans doesn’t mean they can do it over the majority of the season. Tbh… we ve probably failed in our recruitment if we have to keep sticking John in a CM role, he’s more suited and preferred to RM or SS in Unai’s system.

More business will be done, just need to be patient 

That team seems to be overlooking Buendia, Mings and Ramsey. All unavailable last season. Ramsey and Buendia will be fully fit with preseason under their belts too.

Shame Leverkusen signed Aleix Garcia, he could have been nice in the Luiz role. Bit short thou so would have been hated on VT. €20m release clause too. 

Edited by sne

28 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

If Youri could stay fit and sharp over a whole season maybe, but he can’t.

To be fair Tielemans has played 12 professional seasons since he was 16 and only one of them played less than 30 games. Generally more like 45/50. Might not be good for his legs at some point but I don’t think he’s necessarily a fitness concern.

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he isnt a centre midfielder, would be regularly destroyed if he replaced Dougie

Destroyed ?? Did you think the same with bruno Fernándes whwn manure signed him?

He would a fantastic signing

10 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

To be fair Tielemans has played 12 professional seasons since he was 16 and only one of them played less than 30 games. Generally more like 45/50. Might not be good for his legs at some point but I don’t think he’s necessarily a fitness concern.

He suffers from exhaustion and that causes lapses, gets caught out in possession and looks slow when he’s in that state. Fatigue affects concentration…

Maybe Unai can boost his fitness levels 🤷‍♂️

Don’t forget how poor he was (he and Dendoncker were atrocious when Everton knocked us out of the League Cup) until Unai moved him into an attacking role (arguably a masterstoke to get him playing and to find form).

He picks up knocks, strains, niggles and wasn’t consistently available (would’ve helped us at crucial times if he was). I think the form he showed in those attacking displays gave him the confidence and sharpness to do better at CM when he was asked to play there again.

There are doubts over how reliable he can be over the course of a whole season (he may play, but we might have to tolerate some poor displays and mistakes) should he be required to play there most of the time…

The guy oozes class but can’t stay in top condition, needs a rest from time to time.

Players like Watkins, Konsa, Dougie and McGinn are difficult to find… they played the most minutes for us and were the most crucial… huge contributions and plenty of consistency.

Edited by Jas10

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Shame Leverkusen signed Aleix Garcia, he could have been nice in the Luiz role. Bit short thou so would have been hated on VT. €20m release clause too. 

Think that is a legitimate concern though as our percentages regarding aerial duels were pretty bad across the board. Even with players you would expect a high ratio from like Carlos. So I am sure it is something that will underpin our recruitment profile this summer. 

59 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Would be an awful starting lineup. Midfield looking far weaker (Barkley starting, WTAF), Cash still at right back, and assumes we won't make any further signings for the first 11. West Ham would likely beat that team I'd say.

Take out Cash for Geertruida/Todibo and Barkley for Fofana/Zubimendi and suddenly we look a lot better. 

It won't be our starting XI anyways, so I am unfazed.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â