Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, Houseoftomorrow said:

From The Athletic article it sounds like all the player transactions in the Luiz deal are separate transfers. So even though £42.2m for Doug seems like a robbery at least we can put all of that toward the books instead of the net £23.5 it ends up being after buying their two players. Hopefully that's PSR done until next summer.

All transfers will be booked separately for PSR.

So we will get all the Luiz money and the two arriving players will have their fees amortised. 

• Like 1

Just now, Herman22 said:

So we will get all the Luiz money and the two arriving players will have their fees amortised. 

Yep. It was presented as a swap deal the whole time and I never thought about them doing each transfer separately. Makes a lot of sense given how stupid these financial rules are,.

6 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

So we have 42m for this year? Or how much exactly? Tim and Kellyman should sort 29m directly but how much of Luiz will be included?

4 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

So we have 42m for this year? Or how much exactly? Tim and Kellyman should sort 29m directly but how much of Luiz will be included?

Excellent questions. Can those who understand the complexities of PSR estimate how much we now allowed to spend on transfers.

14 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

We book £70mill profit then  subtract 1 month amortisation of the players we’ve brought from Juve. Looks like we will add Bogarde sale this month and maybe also sell KKH - I’d Durán goes to Chelsea we could be looking at £90 mill profit on player sales 

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Just watching Belgium and Lukaku is only 31!? Feels like he’s been around for 20 years. 

I think he was only 20 when he played for tesco bags. I think he went to Chelsea when he was 18 or even 16.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Just watching Belgium and Lukaku is only 31!? Feels like he’s been around for 20 years. 

amazing to think that we nearly signed him on loan when he was 20 odd.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I’m no expert on PSR but…

The calculation is done in a 3 year rolling total hence the reason we had the deadline of end of June as this is where the year end is calculated. 

If you believe the media we needed 60mil to balance the books. So the 40 mil from Luiz and the 20 from Tim and Kellyman should see us through. The amortised amounts from the incomings will be minimal.

How much do we have to spend depends on transfer fees in and out and contract durations of both. We are also constantly increasing incoming money from sponsorship etc. 

I think we will have money to spend in this window but I wouldn’t be expected any massive transfers. 

19 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He actually looks good to me, ( even though he's a bit of a meme ) just has no luck.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91rybhzo3a7gfie72e56

a player they didn't want on something like 6 million per season. 

Just playing to the rules bro

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He actually looks good to me, ( even though he's a bit of a meme ) just has no luck.

Yeah his stats are prolific. Just has a few periods where he’s had stinkers

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Weird how he doesn't remember that they sold Hudson-Odoi after rejecting £40m from Bayern when they had the chance and instead ran down his asset value using him as a bit part player. 

• Like 2

£42m for Luiz, 19m for Kellyman and 9m for Iroegbunam, hopefully another 4 for Bogarde and all the incoming players being amortised over 5 years.  Well played Villa.  Excellently done and we will be able to spend serious money if we want the likes of Onana and Baena in July.  We just need to make sure we have enough younger players to make up the European squad. Selling Duran becomes less of a problem now, although it looks like he's a pain in the bum. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

19TITANIC-ANNIVERSARY-top-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg

Can confirm this is a lie. Banged her last night with Emmerdale Farm on in background. 

39 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I’m no expert on PSR but…

The calculation is done in a 3 year rolling total hence the reason we had the deadline of end of June as this is where the year end is calculated. 

If you believe the media we needed 60mil to balance the books. So the 40 mil from Luiz and the 20 from Tim and Kellyman should see us through. The amortised amounts from the incomings will be minimal.

How much do we have to spend depends on transfer fees in and out and contract durations of both. We are also constantly increasing incoming money from sponsorship etc. 

I think we will have money to spend in this window but I wouldn’t be expected any massive transfers. 

We needed to sell to spend before the 30th, but I’m guessing there’s a separate budget we’ll adhere to after that date. But I’m with you on the lower fees. I don’t think the club want to risk this again, even if the financial rules are changing after next season.

Edited by Houseoftomorrow

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â