Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Unai-and-the-Brain-Trust.jpg

Can't wait for some of the names identified in this folder to materialise in the weeks ahead.

Brings to mind HDE flashing a list of highly unlikely targets at a press conference once, that included international players that would have cost a small fortune. The difference now is that we have a realistic chance of landing our targets. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Forest have entered the PSR party 😂

The replies from salty Spurs fans and other cartel clubs is also making it even more hilarious.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Most of us weren’t pleased with McKennie though? Still long way to go, but I’d be happy if we got Fofana, while Enzo can play where we need to defend more. Until Kamara is back. 
I still think a lot can happen between now and the end of the window. 
The deal with Juve could’ve been much worse, it’s important to get potential players while managing wages and being easier to offload. 

Yes I think it's still a wait and see window for me. We've improved the squad, especially out in the wide areas where I think Maatsen could become one of the best left backs in the world. Iling Jr has serious potential and is probably a future England player, although definitely still a work in progress. 

Central midfield I think we are weaker in quality and no stronger in depth either. Essentially we have no Luiz and an injured Kamara and replacing them in the squad so far is Barkley and Barrenechea. That's a downgrade no matter how much anyone tries to spin it. Adding someone in there like Fofana will make a huge difference of course. Or a more technically gifted midfielder like Baena (or both).

There is speculation now that we will have lots to spend next month and could be in for an exciting month. If true then of course we'll all be happy come the start of the season.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

The replies from salty Spurs fans and other cartel clubs is also making it even more hilarious.

Haha, was just gonna say similar.  My mate who is a Spurs fan is having a full-on rant that we are cheating! 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Were our other youth prospects shite in previous years... Or have we just been garbage at moving them on in the past?

It's looking like a money machine atm.

I think this is the fruition of that recruiting spree we went on a few years ago knicking players from other academies.  They're just turning old enough to be looked at for first team football by other clubs.  I'd been disappointed by the progress until now but it looks like we are cashing in.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Forest have entered the PSR party 😂

Now is Newcastle turn for all 5 teams that haven’t voted against our approach for the psr. 🤣

• Haha 1

Bogarde is prob just a player sale, old school style like before the accountancy numberwang revolution. Forest’s allowance I think is normal PL levels now, didn’t they only do time because of  the championship levels of losses allowed? 

It’s clear the club are doing everything in their power to avoid selling Watkins, Martinez, Konsa and Ramsey.

Any one of the above could probably have gone most of the way in fixing our PSR issues. 

We’re being smart. And I love it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think this is the fruition of that recruiting spree we went on a few years ago knicking players from other academies.  They're just turning old enough to be looked at for first team football by other clubs.  I'd been disappointed by the progress until now but it looks like we are cashing in.

Would have liked to keep Kellyman as he seemed the next big thing after Carney, but he isn’t ready, needs some loans, and physicality. We don’t have enough time to wait and not get the 20m mentioned. If a player won’t have a proper run, then it’s better to get the cash and use it. Otherwise we’ll keep losing values, players being benched are hard to offload. I’m happy with our new approach, we don’t have time to be emotionally affected. PSR rules might change again, just let’s take the advantages while it’s then until we find another ways to deal with new rules. We need to improve while not going into the Luiz situation in the coming seasons. We need to sustain our wage structure now while we can and continue improving gradually.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

how so?

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

£4m offer for Bogarde

Just now, ender4 said:

They are looking to buy Bogarde.   And assuming we will buy someone from them as well. 

Borgarde... 4 million ....

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, John said:

Brings to mind HDE flashing a list of highly unlikely targets at a press conference once, that included international players that would have cost a small fortune. The difference now is that we have a realistic chance of landing our targets. 

Emery's villa in the mid 90s with Bergkamp juninho and Roberto Carlos 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Yep, so many tears.

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I don’t think we will sign anyone from Forest.

Forest have to sell Someone before 1st July, maybe some else will buy someone but they have to sell.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â