Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Considering West Ham just spent £25m on an 18-year old Brazilian I don’t think anyone can accuse us of selling our best young players at inflated prices by asking for £19m for Kellyman.

Chelsea just spent €61m on a Brazilian 17 y.o

• Like 2

I just had a thought… if a clubs books are looking PSR good you can do the trades in a different way.  trade older players at lower values. To keep that book value down and easier to find potential buyers later on 

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think we need to spend big on a striker, a DM and a CM and then maybe look at another RB or CB - but we're not too far off having a very strong squad.

Thanks for work on this. For me, I think the most important areas to improve upon are (in no order):

- A left-footed centre back to replace Diego/Ty in the long-run (we saw the drop in quality with injuries and cup games)

- Kosta looks more of a defensive-minded right back but we need someone else there and if we don't sell Cash, I'd rather keep him rotating as a wing back.

- A Second Striker/10 role, I can see why the club spoke to Juve about Soule as an injury to Ollie or Rogers leave us short, we simply don't know how good Emi2 will be from such a serious injury nor the same with Jacob - who operates out wide anyways.

- We need a midfield engine, a physical presence that will give competition to McGinn and others, but give us more versatility in a double-pivot or otherwise. I don't think who we do bring in will be one type of midfielder either.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

We also have a whole bunch of goalkeepers, but noone feels like a solid no2.

We can only hope that now that Gauci feels more settled that he can usurp Robin. As I don't see us shifting him unless someone comes in for him.

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Chelsea just spent €61m on a Brazilian 17 y.o

Half up front and the balance as add-ons, I believe,  He's very highly regarded though isn't he? There is always a risk with any young player, they are just prepared to take any risk....

Bogarde is one of those that's probably at a point where he needs a move - he's a decent DM who can also play CB. £3.5m with some add ons would be a decent enough price.

We're not messing about.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, allani said:

They are all easy to get round.  Villa sell Player A to Everton.  Everton sell Player B to Chelsea.  Chelsea sell Player C to Villa.  No "trades" as each transfer involves different teams.  Or you just change the number of players - so we sell 1 player to Everton, they sell 2 players to Chelsea and Chelsea sell us 3 players.  Next window we sell 2, Everton sell 3, Chelsea 1, etc, etc ,etc.

my brain hurts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

We need a DM but before the window opened we were talking about players like Palacios from Leverkusen or Zubimendi from Real Sociedad. We’ve ended up with someone probably none of us had heard of a week ago who has just been relegated with the club he was loaned out to and has no international experience whatsoever and we’re finding ways to get excited. We’re an easily pleased lot aren’t we.

A year ago we had one of the best double pivots in the league in Luiz-Kamara and could start the season with Tielemans or McGinn playing there alongside Barkley or an unproven Barrenechea. That’s alarming. We need at least one more proven midfielder basically and I at least will be concerned until that happens.

Not sure why Dendoncker is mentioned, he’s clearly not in the plans whatsoever and will be sold I’m sure if a reasonable offer comes in or loaned out again.

Most of us weren’t pleased with McKennie though? Still long way to go, but I’d be happy if we got Fofana, while Enzo can play where we need to defend more. Until Kamara is back. 
I still think a lot can happen between now and the end of the window. 
The deal with Juve could’ve been much worse, it’s important to get potential players while managing wages and being easier to offload. 

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

We on fire.

Are we selling all our young players? I had hopes for this one and would like to think we have agreed a buy back if 4m is the figure. How are Forest able to spend and still meet PSR or are we getting someone off them in return?

Monchi is certainly busy isn't he.  No news yet about the likes of Donk, Hause and Chambers, but fingers crossed.  

5 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Who we getting from Forest then? 

Forest have bought almost all of their squad fairly recently so it’s gonna be hard to turn a large PSR profit on any of them 

just seen Murillo was signed for something like £11m so could be him

Edited by MSvillain
To amend for Murillo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Forest have bought almost all of their squad fairly recently so it’s gonna be hard to turn a large PSR profit on any of them 

just seen Murillo was signed for something like £11m so could be him

Wouldn’t mind Murillo tbf. Only problem is, he’s left footed and we really need a right footed centre back to replace Carlos when he inevitably leaves (if we can shift his wages). 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â