Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

King Unai:

“There’s a great chemistry in Aston Villa. And the element of the fans’ support also makes the difference to feel like home. We are really excited to continue this journey with no limits to our dreams.”

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

King Unai:

“There’s a great chemistry in Aston Villa. And the element of the fans’ support also makes the difference to feel like home. We are really excited to continue this journey with no limits to our dreams.”

this translates as “we’re going to win the league” 

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

King Unai:

And we are going big this summer. I've had a feeling we would use youth sales to give us a bridge through PSR, and in my head I imagined that would give us 3 top quality players and also room to bring in high quality numbers that we missed last season. Injuries won't hurt us as much when we've finished this summer. Well done Monchi and co. 

I'm a negative bastard normally. So for me to be positive is a good sign 😜 

Edited by Dodgyknees

5 minutes ago, numbersix said:

this translates as “we’re going to win the league” 

5 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I'm a negative bastard normally. So for me to be positive is a good sign 😜 

Yes we will... Within 5 years of this comment. 😀

31 minutes ago, Isa said:

When will that rule go into effect? 

They are probably scrambling to do this as we speak 😂

" Oh no... Villa have only gone and found a way to circumvent us again! "

Chris Heck Like: " Yeah you c*cksuckers!!! " And laughs in supervillain...

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

I've never felt more excited. I think we are going to be very busy in July/August in ways we won't expect but will love.

Same here, biggest transfer window in our history.

24 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

All but point 3 is easy to get around. 

point 3 could be implied to be so broad that would essentially ban any genuine double transfers between clubs in the same window, as it could be argued it was a “trade” 

They are all easy to get round.  Villa sell Player A to Everton.  Everton sell Player B to Chelsea.  Chelsea sell Player C to Villa.  No "trades" as each transfer involves different teams.  Or you just change the number of players - so we sell 1 player to Everton, they sell 2 players to Chelsea and Chelsea sell us 3 players.  Next window we sell 2, Everton sell 3, Chelsea 1, etc, etc ,etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allani said:

They are all easy to get round.  Villa sell Player A to Everton.  Everton sell Player B to Chelsea.  Chelsea sell Player C to Villa.  No "trades" as each transfer involves different teams.  Or you just change the number of players - so we sell 1 player to Everton, they sell 2 players to Chelsea and Chelsea sell us 3 players.  Next window we sell 2, Everton sell 3, Chelsea 1, etc, etc ,etc.

Thought of that, but me writing that out would come out like 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91b6vu1crsjs33f2fvbi

• Haha 2

Considering West Ham just spent £25m on an 18-year old Brazilian I don’t think anyone can accuse us of selling our best young players at inflated prices by asking for £19m for Kellyman.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Considering West Ham just spent £25m on an 18-year old Brazilian I don’t think anyone can accuse us of selling our best young players at inflated prices by asking for £19m for Kellyman.

We sold Chuk for a similar amount too

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, vazquez said:

Or they might just stay average, basically a longterm cost without resell value. And for the time they are developed here we have to play them and drop the level of the team to get them some experience. 

I guess opinions, but for me this is poor deal and poor management.

Under the circumstances foisted upon us, it's a great deal.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

And according to Romano Chelsea have also more or less signed estevao for €60m

£51m for someone with only 11 league appearances is wild, but I know which deal the league would rather scrutinise.

So, in terms of our squad and depth (and with apologies for the long list) I think we're about where we are below.

I've listed positions rather than an eleven so as to reflect the flexibility in our tactics, players appear more than once, I've assumed Duran is going and I've bolded players who are playing in a position that is natural for them. I haven't included anyone who hasn't played at least a half season of league football somewhere.

Feel free to quote it up and say who you'd get rid of and where you feel we're strong or weak.

GK

• Martinez
  • Olsen
  • Gauci
  • Sinisalo
  • Marschall
  • Zych

RB

• Cash
  • Konsa
  • Nedeljkovic
  • Kesler-Hayden

RCB

• Konsa
  • Carlos
  • Chambers
  • Smith

LCB

• Torres
  • Mings
  • Hause
  • Feeney

LB

• Maatsen
  • Digne
  • Moreno
  • Illings
  • Sousa
  • Chrisene
  • Revan

DM/CM

• Kamara
  • Barrenechea
  • Dendoncker
  • Chambers
  • Bogarde
  • Chrisene

CM/DM

• Barkley
  • Tielemans
  • McGinn

LM

• Ramsey
  • Rogers
  • McGinn
  • Maatsen
  • Illings
  • Buendia
  • Dobbin

LW

• Rogers
  • Illings
  • Ramsey
  • Buendia
  • Barry
  • Archer
  • Dobbin

RM

• McGinn
  • Tielemans
  • Bailey
  • Diaby

RW

• Bailey
  • Diaby

AMC

• Buendia
  • Rogers
  • McGinn
  • Tielemans
  • Barkley
  • Ramsey

FW  (support striker)

• Diaby
  • Buendia
  • Rogers
  • Archer
  • Barry

CF

• Watkins
  • Diaby
  • Rogers
  • Archer
  • Barry

I think we need to spend big on a striker, a DM and a CM and then maybe look at another RB or CB - but we're not too far off having a very strong squad.

1 hour ago, MSvillain said:

This is probably why…

they really try hard to keep the big boys, the big boys, dont they.

(aside from the fact that i reckon this has all come from what Juve and other very big teams have been doing over the last few years - ie: Arthur Melo)

Just now, The_Steve said:

£51m for someone with only 11 league appearances is wild, but I know which deal the league would rather scrutinise.

6 in the league, 5 in the state championship, only played for Brazil under 17s

They've also paid £17m for a Ecuadorian 16 year old (who is very highly rated, he has full caps)

Because it's Chelsea there's absolutely nothing to investigate here, they do this all the time 

twenty million or whatever it is whilst a very good sum for Kellyman, really isn't that inflated, Chelsea aren't paying twenty million because he's worth that now, but because he has potential to become worth more, we can say we had big hopes of him becoming a first team player for us, at which point he automatically becomes worth more than twenty million

Signing very high potential academy players for big money is a different dynamic to signing first team players, because it's potential that's being paid for, as I said in his thread Kellyman probably worth more now than he would be if he had an average season next season in the Championship, even though for a player his having an average season at Championship level would be a promising sign

Chukwuemeka went for £20m, he would have actually cost more than that if it wasn't for the fact he only had a few months left on his contract

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â