Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

28 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Having an Ollie regen as Ollie back up/rotstion would be pretty ace to be honest.

Sadly, I think he'll probably go somewhere he has more chance of being the main man.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

But that’s not part of the deal. That would be us going and funding Baena separately. The deal for Luiz in isolation isn’t very good at all. 

If this deal fees us up to buy 3 really good first team quality players then of course we’ll be saying we have come out of it smelling of roses. But right now our midfield especially looks considerably weaker than the start of last season with a lot of unknowns such as will Barrenechea look out of place or not. None of us really know. 

I personally think it’s a great deal with huge upside already. The Luiz hole will be plugged easily by the end of the window with an upgrade. The only thing we may miss is his penalties. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, vazquez said:

Luiz deal is just poor management. We sell one of our best players and get two bench warmers in return. Like getting Vlahovic for Dendoncs and Louie Barry and 10 million.

Kellyman 20M is decent money, Iroegbunam 9M not so - he will become some player.

First team is not improving with Barkley, Dobbin, Enzo or Iling-Junior. Maatsen maybe, but 3 left backs who want to play😬

Has the window closed has it?

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This phrase about it being a separate deal seems very important - I wonder if it's the club covering their backs in terms of any sort of problem with the league looking into these deals as a PSR dodge.

That was my reading of it. Deals happen but the agreement remains the same - £19m for Kellyman is serious bank either way. Got a good deal on Tim also. Utterly intrigued who we bring in next now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

Barrenechea and Illings can both turn into £60Mil + players. So think we getting the better deal in both cases here.

Or they might just stay average, basically a longterm cost without resell value. And for the time they are developed here we have to play them and drop the level of the team to get them some experience. 

I guess opinions, but for me this is poor deal and poor management.

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This phrase about it being a separate deal seems very important - I wonder if it's the club covering their backs in terms of any sort of problem with the league looking into these deals as a PSR dodge.

This is probably why…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MSvillain said:

This is probably why…

FFS, it’s like - quick change the rules if anyone tries to upset the big boys.  

But Barcelona, Man City, etc can do whatever they like!

Edited by ender4
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

FFS, it’s like the change the rules of anyone tries to upset the big boys.   But Barcelona, Man City, etc can do whatever they like!

Well. City looked at it and said nah, let's just cheat round it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

For me, I’m happy with this deal as he’s what we exactly need in terms of style of play, position, age and wages. 
We’ve seen with Rogers, couple of games then he’s one of the first names. He’ll add some physicality as well I assume. 
He’s not a clogger thats for sure, he’s DM that can play from what we read. That’s what we need and isn’t easy to find. Otherwise Dendonker can play as he’s an ok DM, but won’t help our style of game.

We need a DM but before the window opened we were talking about players like Palacios from Leverkusen or Zubimendi from Real Sociedad. We’ve ended up with someone probably none of us had heard of a week ago who has just been relegated with the club he was loaned out to and has no international experience whatsoever and we’re finding ways to get excited. We’re an easily pleased lot aren’t we.

A year ago we had one of the best double pivots in the league in Luiz-Kamara and could start the season with Tielemans or McGinn playing there alongside Barkley or an unproven Barrenechea. That’s alarming. We need at least one more proven midfielder basically and I at least will be concerned until that happens.

Not sure why Dendoncker is mentioned, he’s clearly not in the plans whatsoever and will be sold I’m sure if a reasonable offer comes in or loaned out again.

Edited by Leeroy
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

This is probably why…

All but point 3 is easy to get around. 

point 3 could be implied to be so broad that would essentially ban any genuine double transfers between clubs in the same window, as it could be argued it was a “trade” 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vazquez said:

Luiz deal is just poor management. We sell one of our best players and get two bench warmers in return. Like getting Vlahovic for Dendoncs and Louie Barry and 10 million.

Kellyman 20M is decent money, Iroegbunam 9M not so - he will become some player.

First team is not improving with Barkley, Dobbin, Enzo or Iling-Junior. Maatsen maybe, but 3 left backs who want to play😬

What an odd post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

I personally think it’s a great deal with huge upside already. The Luiz hole will be plugged easily by the end of the window with an upgrade. The only thing we may miss is his penalties. 

And all the yellow cards he picked up

I feel positive about this summer. Feels weird right now, but I think we will look to spend 150m on 3 50m ISH value players on top of those already in.

Edited by Dodgyknees

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

All but point 3 is easy to get around. 

point 3 could be implied to be so broad that would essentially ban any genuine double transfers between clubs in the same window, as it could be argued it was a “trade” 

Oh yeah, I imagine we are well aware of the rules and have decided they basically aren’t enforceable 

• Like 2

I think we are going big this summer to try and go for the league fwiw.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â