Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

23 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

23 is now not considered young? What are you on🤣 Playing too much fifa career mode.

Also of note, one of the vids I watched said he actually suffered an ACL which set his push into Juve first team back by a year, but he has since come storming back etc.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Isa said:

All subjective but top-three in his position in the best league in the world? I would say yes. Could only put Declan Rice definitively ahead of him although he did play for a superior team. 

He's not even starting for Brazil over Bruno Guimaraes...  He's started ONE game for Brazil this year so far...  He doesn't win games for his team by himself like other world class players do.  I love Dougie, but saying he's one of the top 3 CMs in the world is crazy. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Arsenal haven’t even made a bid this time round. If they did it would have been widely reported and we would have absolutely sold him to Arsenal for a materially higher fee than Juve are offering. 

Again, no one apart from juve are interested which tells you everything you need to know.

Don't think they're up against it and needing to sell but so far arsenal have had a quiet window, the £200m they spent last year meaning they haven't got the £60-70m this year

Can see them getting a striker and not a lot else 

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fair. Personally I’d say Rodri, Rice, Guimaraes and even Kamara are better than him. 

Dunno, just thought he was poor those last 10 games. World class players don’t play that badly. Tielemans was much better and I wouldn’t call him world class either. 

Kamara isn't the same role though which is why they played together. But yes, granted, Luiz did finish the season poorly, can't argue with that. Yet overall one of our best performers since Emery arrived. 

• Like 1

Surely Duran will still go to Chelsea as part of a deal for Gallagher?

Then we can focus on bringing in a striker, an attacking midfielder like Soule, a RB and (if Carlos goes) a CB.

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

He's not even starting for Brazil over Bruno Guimaraes...  He's started ONE game for Brazil this year so far...  He doesn't win games for his team by himself like other world class players do.  I love Dougie, but saying he's one of the top 3 CMs in the world is crazy. 

I said in the league and said in his role, not any type of CM. Who cares who the national team manager picks when there are so many examples of them not picking the best XI available to them. It's not like this manager has acheived anything with the national team (being recently appointed) yet for his selections to be considered a strong reference point in this regard. 

Edited by Isa

Luiz deal is just poor management. We sell one of our best players and get two bench warmers in return. Like getting Vlahovic for Dendoncs and Louie Barry and 10 million.

Kellyman 20M is decent money, Iroegbunam 9M not so - he will become some player.

First team is not improving with Barkley, Dobbin, Enzo or Iling-Junior. Maatsen maybe, but 3 left backs who want to play😬

3 minutes ago, vazquez said:

Luiz deal is just poor management. We sell one of our best players and get two bench warmers in return. Like getting Vlahovic for Dendoncs and Louie Barry and 10 million.

Kellyman 20M is decent money, Iroegbunam 9M not so - he will become some player.

First team is not improving with Barkley, Dobbin, Enzo or Iling-Junior. Maatsen maybe, but 3 left backs who want to play😬

Aa covered many times luiz only has two years left - if hw isnt going to sell now is the time to sell

And how do you know they will be bench warmers?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vazquez said:

Look how broken we were at the end of the season. 

The squad is looking much healthier. Lots of options, which is good for keeping the competition up for places and perfect for a manager like Unai.

We've also got Mings, Buendia and JJ back. Those 3 alone add much more depth to our squad. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

There is a huge amount of assumption in this post. 

If at the very least Illing junior and the Argentinian kid become useful squad players and ultimately are sold for 20m quid each that would value Luiz at an absolute minimum of 65m with (add ons of another 10m) and huge upside on both of the young players that we’re acquiring.

If we replace with Luiz with Baena before the end of the window I’ll be absolutely and utterly delighted with this deal. 

But that’s not part of the deal. That would be us going and funding Baena separately. The deal for Luiz in isolation isn’t very good at all. 

If this deal fees us up to buy 3 really good first team quality players then of course we’ll be saying we have come out of it smelling of roses. But right now our midfield especially looks considerably weaker than the start of last season with a lot of unknowns such as will Barrenechea look out of place or not. None of us really know. 

7 minutes ago, vazquez said:

Agree with luiz, it's getting lemons and trying to make lemonade but you'll never convince me it's something we want to do

The others though while I agree the first team isn't getting better I think the squad might 

Just got to hope June is getting the dirty work done so the accountant can tick a box and then July we can go do what we actually want and need

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

But that’s not part of the deal. That would be us going and funding Baena separately. The deal for Luiz in isolation isn’t very good at all. 

If this deal fees us up to buy 3 really good first team quality players then of course we’ll be saying we have come out of it smelling of roses. But right now our midfield especially looks considerably weaker than the start of last season with a lot of unknowns such as will Barrenechea look out of place or not. None of us really know. 

Our midfield would’ve been worse at any case with Kamara’s absence. So a lot need to happen there wether Luiz is there or not. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Just got to hope June is getting the dirty work done so the accountant can tick a box and then July we can go do what we actually want and need

Unai said basically this, maybe not so frankly.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

23 is now not considered young? What are you on🤣 Playing too much fifa career mode.

It’s not old but it’s coming into your peak. Luiz just turned 26 and he started playing regularly for us at 21. Ramsey is 23 and been around the first team for 4 years. 

I just think there’s a lot of unknown about Barrenechea at this stage. We certainly can’t be saying it’s a good deal until we’ve seen him play. Judging him off a stint playing for a poor team isn’t fair but at the same time we don’t know how well he’ll play in a better team that’s expected to win more than it loses.

11 minutes ago, vazquez said:

No one said Luiz deal was perfect but that was we could’ve made, much better than getting McKennie for huge wages for example. 
We can’t keep Tim while not playing him, and for how much he played I think the price is fair. We didn’t play him much to market him well. Kellyman is different as he’s very highly rated so we could value him at that price, and Chelsea is actually spending those amount on those youngsters as they’ve done with Carney, this is there policy so that helped as well.

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

It’s not old but it’s coming into your peak. Luiz just turned 26 and he started playing regularly for us at 21. Ramsey is 23 and been around the first team for 4 years. 

I just think there’s a lot of unknown about Barrenechea at this stage. We certainly can’t be saying it’s a good deal until we’ve seen him play. Judging him off a stint playing for a poor team isn’t fair but at the same time we don’t know how well he’ll play in a better team that’s expected to win more than it loses.

For me, I’m happy with this deal as he’s what we exactly need in terms of style of play, position, age and wages. 
We’ve seen with Rogers, couple of games then he’s one of the first names. He’ll add some physicality as well I assume. 
He’s not a clogger thats for sure, he’s DM that can play from what we read. That’s what we need and isn’t easy to find. Otherwise Dendonker can play as he’s an ok DM, but won’t help our style of game.

This phrase about it being a separate deal seems very important - I wonder if it's the club covering their backs in terms of any sort of problem with the league looking into these deals as a PSR dodge.

• Like 1