Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

38 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We're now involved in two very similar deals, but in each case we're at the opposite end. In both cases, a club is losing an established talent and getting instead some cash and a player or players with potential - which of these do you think is the better deal for us?

The one where we sell the established player (Luiz out - Illings and Barrenechea in - and €30m) or the one where we buy the established player (Maatsen in, Kellyman out and €20m).

Barrenechea and Illings can both turn into £60Mil + players. So think we getting the better deal in both cases here.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

We’ve given Emery the keys to the club don’t forget, this is the price we pay. He’s building a team for the here and now, not waiting about for 3 or 4 years until these players come good. 

Most don't anyway

12 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Barrenechea and Illings can both turn into £60Mil + players. So think we getting the better deal in both cases here.

Could the same not be true of Kellyman?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Yes but then Chelsea can say Kellyman can become a £80m player or whatever one day.  Then again, we are not signing Maatsen as the finished article either. 

So it is impossible really to determine at this moment who has ultimately got the better end of these deals. Based on total valuation, it has to be said Juve have got effectively a world-class player for roughly £50m. But obviously the way swap deals are factored into the accounting apparantly makes the deal worth more than that for us, so it will likely end up being a win-win for everybody involved. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Isa said:

Yes but then Chelsea can say Kellyman can become a £80m player or whatever one day.  Then again, we are not signing Maatsen as the finished article either. 

So it is impossible really to determine at this moment who has ultimately got the better end of these deals. Based on total valuation, it has to be said Juve have got effectively a world-class player for roughly £50m. But obviously the way swap deals are factored into the accounting apparantly makes the deal worth more than that for us, so it will likely end up being a win-win for everybody involved. 

I wouldn’t call Luiz ‘world class’ by any stretch. A good PL midfielder, if not very good, but ‘world class’? No chance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

building a squad of players  to peak at the same time as each other, with each other, with the next cycle coming behind them   

p092qtjv.jpg

• Haha 3

There’s undoubtedly going to be ups and downs with our transfer business this summer but it’s so exciting. I actually think we have got the better of the deals so far and I think they’ll be a couple of big signings to come. Monchi is certainly gonna earn his wages this summer!

14 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Lol, we clearly aren’t getting the better deal in the Luiz deal. Pretty much every neutral thinks it’s a seriously bad deal for us. Barrenechea is very unlikely to be worth £60m, he’s 23 so not exactly young and only had one top level season. He may be another Kante but he may just turn out to be very average. It’s very obvious we wanted McKennie (who isn’t even that good) and Soule over him but didn’t get either of them so it seems this is our third choice. 

We have done better out of the Maatsen deal for sure. I don’t think anyone would dispute that. The Tim-Dobbin deal I think is even, neither player to me looks like they will go on to be anything special but both have helped each other out for PSR.

Hopefully there is some cash to spend now to go and add players like Fofana, Gallagher, Geertruida and Baena to improve our team and especially the midfield which has a glaring hole in it. I think only Maatsen is a guaranteed starter out of the five players we’ve signed so far.

It's not a question of who has the better deal out of us and Juventus, it's a question of what is the better scenario out of us keeping Luiz and him not signing a new contract which he obviously wasnt' doing, or us selling him for £30m and also gaining Barrenechea and Iling-Junior, and the latter is the obviously the better scenario for us, also bearing in mind we can still bring in another player to replace Luiz

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wouldn’t call Luiz ‘world class’ by any stretch. A good PL midfielder, if not very good, but ‘world class’? No chance.

All subjective but top-three in his position in the best league in the world? I would say yes. Could only put Declan Rice definitively ahead of him although he did play for a superior team. 

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Newcastle are about to sign DCL from Everton. I fully expect Everton to sign Wilson back in return for the same amount they get for DCL. Both struggling with PSR. 

#gamesgone

As expected, they're sending Minteh the other way. 

14 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Lol, we clearly aren’t getting the better deal in the Luiz deal. Pretty much every neutral thinks it’s a seriously bad deal for us. Barrenechea is very unlikely to be worth £60m, he’s 23 so not exactly young and only had one top level season. He may be another Kante but he may just turn out to be very average. It’s very obvious we wanted McKennie (who isn’t even that good) and Soule over him but didn’t get either of them so it seems this is our third choice. 

23 is now not considered young? What are you on🤣 Playing too much fifa career mode.

Edited by Pongo Waring

11 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

We have done better out of the Maatsen deal for sure. I don’t think anyone would dispute that. The Tim-Dobbin deal I think is even, neither player to me looks like they will go on to be anything special but both have helped each other out for PSR.

Hopefully there is some cash to spend now to go and add players like Fofana, Gallagher, Geertruida and Baena to improve our team and especially the midfield which has a glaring hole in it. I think only Maatsen is a guaranteed starter out of the five players we’ve signed so far.

There is a huge amount of assumption in this post. 

If at the very least Illing junior and the Argentinian kid become useful squad players and ultimately are sold for 20m quid each that would value Luiz at an absolute minimum of 65m with (add ons of another 10m) and huge upside on both of the young players that we’re acquiring.

If we replace with Luiz with Baena before the end of the window I’ll be absolutely and utterly delighted with this deal. 

4 minutes ago, Isa said:

All subjective but top-three in his position in the best league in the world? I would say yes. Could only put Declan Rice definitively ahead of him although he did play for a superior team. 

Interesting then that no one of any note has come in for him apart from Juve……

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Interesting then that no one of any note has come in for him apart from Juve……

Arsenal's long standing interest is quite well known. However, I am sure the club were intent not to sell to any league rivals. 

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Isa said:

Arsenal's long standing interest is quite well known. However, I am sure the club were intent not to sell to any league rivals. 

Yeah there was also whispers a month or so ago that Man City had very briefly asked about him.

16 minutes ago, Isa said:

Fair. Personally I’d say Rodri, Rice, Guimaraes and even Kamara are better than him. 

Dunno, just thought he was poor those last 10 games. World class players don’t play that badly. Tielemans was much better and I wouldn’t call him world class either. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Isa said:

Arsenal haven’t even made a bid this time round. If they did it would have been widely reported and we would have absolutely sold him to Arsenal for a materially higher fee than Juve are offering. 

Again, no one apart from juve are interested which tells you everything you need to know.

• Like 1