Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

5 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

These PSR related transfers are all going to end in a court case. £20m for Kellyman is incredible, too incredible.

£50m for Chukwuemeka, Iroegbunam and Kellyman is fantastic business. One of these players might go on to be very good and that’s the gamble you take.

The Academy is doing exactly what it was set up to do and is funding the club.

Compare it to Newcastle’s academy and you can see why they’re struggling with PSR too. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Isa said:

Given that Barkley was spoken about as almost imminent a couple of weeks ago and has not been mentioned at all since, is it possible this one has fallen through?

Of course, we could also simply be waiting for the books to be put in order but it's weird just how cold the link has gone.

Will be announce 1st July due to PSR

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Will be announce 1st July due to PSR

Unless we end up with more capacity in this year's books. (Opinion)

Edit: unexpected higher capacity, due to more sales

Edited by Feidhlim

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

£50m for Chukwuemeka, Iroegbunam and Kellyman is fantastic business. One of these players might go on to be very good and that’s the gamble you take.

The Academy is doing exactly what it was set up to do and is funding the club.

Compare it to Newcastle’s academy and you can see why they’re struggling with PSR too. 

Come on, mumma Longstaff is doing her best 

kevin-carvalho-alien-queen-chamber3.jpg?

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

These PSR related transfers are all going to end in a court case. £20m for Kellyman is incredible, too incredible.

Liverpool sold Jordan Ibe for £15 million 8 years ago, we are just catching up in terms of getting good money for our youngsters. Its a little pricey but compared to Chukwumenka I think its fair

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Isa said:

Given that Barkley was spoken about as almost imminent a couple of weeks ago and has not been mentioned at all since, is it possible this one has fallen through?

Of course, we could also simply be waiting for the books to be put in order but it's weird just how cold the link has gone.

I think Tanswell said the other day that a mixture of PSR and how Barkley's contract at Luton works means it'll be done in the first few days of July.

Matt Law also said at the end of his Kellyman article today that Barkley will sign.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Liverpool sold Jordan Ibe for £15 million 8 years ago, we are just catching up in terms of getting good money for our youngsters. Its a little pricey but compared to Chukwumenka I think its fair

Jordan Ibe had nearly 50 Premier League appearances for Liverpool though

33 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Phew… get this done too then.

Then spend, spend, spend next month 😂

I was just going to ask, do these moves strengthen our hand significantly in July or?

I'm gutted about Kellyman tbh but I'm sure there is a wider plan.

3 hours ago, useless said:

That leaves Kellyman, Patterson and Kadan Young, again if it is a player that's been part of our first team squad, then I think one of those three the most likely, if I had to guess at one of them, I would say Kadan Young, for reason given above, my initial thought was that it woudn't be Kellyman, just signed a long-term deal, his brother also just joined, he comes across as ultra sensible and level headed, but can't be ruled out I guess, he would fetch a big fee, and so would offset the Maatsen fee more than any other academy sale, with regards to Patterson I'd put him in a similar category to Young and Kellyman, but he's had a lot of injuries which makes me think he would be the least likely of the three

So in other words my guess would be Kadan Young, or if I'm reading too much into Tanswell's 'in and around the first team squad' comment then Triston Rowe or Jimoh-Aloba also come into contention

Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

On reflection, whilst gutted about Kellyman, remembering some of the Chelsea fan thoughts make me feel better.

When Romano first mentioned that they may be getting another player from us instead of Duran, some of them were commenting that they thought it could be Watkins, Emi, JJ or Rogers etc 😂

At the end of the day JJ is far and away our most valuable Academy product and if I had to choose between losing him and others, they can go.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was just going to ask, do these moves strengthen our hand significantly in July or?

I'm gutted about Kellyman tbh but I'm sure there is a wider plan.

I think it was Romano in a video the other day who said our strategy this window is to go big towards the end of it. Now he may be simply speculating based on the open secret of our financial state but it's logically sound either way. 

Edited by Isa

Â