Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Agreed but I would caveat “so far”.  If we don’t replace that hole Dougie has left then it’s a big problem imo but I’m sure we will.

Yep. Luiz goes and we'll be far weaker than start of last season with no Kamara around.

Barrenchea fits the profile. However he'll likely be where Doug was in 2019 and we know the incremental improvements that took place in his game and a few years for him to reach top leve with us

Tielemans will do fine but will probably continue to pick up injuries with the fixture schedule we'll have. Not convinced Barkley's going to be as great as everyone is saying.

Luiz-Kamara was running like clockwork for a good six months. Without one we concede double and the other keeps the tempo and also became a fantastic penalty taker so plenty to lose there.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Having too many good players in places for us to figure out how exactly we're going to use all of them is one of the nicest problems we've had in a long time.

spacer.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

That true. I also felt like that was the poorest Man City squad in a few seasons. 

just lacked that depth you expect from them. Rodri being out was a good example. But Man City were still largely effective without him, just not as much 

He missed 4 league games and they lost 3 of them. Game they won was home to Luton

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yep. Luiz goes and we'll be far weaker than start of last season with no Kamara around.

Barrenchea fits the profile. However he'll likely be where Doug was in 2019 and we know the incremental improvements that took place in his game and a few years for him to reach top leve with us

Tielemans will do fine but will probably continue to pick up injuries with the fixture schedule we'll have. Not convinced Barkley's going to be as great as everyone is saying.

Luiz-Kamara was running like clockwork for a good six months. Without one we concede double and the other keeps the tempo and also became a fantastic penalty taker so plenty to lose there.

Not sure about that I'll give you first half of the season,  but when he went was out Youri and John looked alot better. When Youri went out that's when we fell apart. Luiz coming back was a liability at times.

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Love Deano but you’d hope this lads trajectory is more similar to Roger’s under the tutelage of Emery

Has anyone heard which academy prospect might be headed to Chelsea? I was listening to the 1874 Pod today and clearly both Tanswell and Bardell have heard a name, but declined to say who it was. it didn’t seem like bait and made for an awkward segment. I know I’ve seen Romano say that Duran might not happen by the PSR deadline and this potential sale was more or less a way to cover the first Maatsen payment in the meantime.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

He missed 4 league games and they lost 3 of them. Game they won was home to Luton. 

Pep won’t be happy with that. He’d probably reimagine his midfield this window to deal with that. Much like Emery will to win more without Boubs and now Doug. 

I said this in the Maatsen thread, but when I saw that Chelsea might be signing one of our academy players as part of that deal my initial thoughts were one of Triston Rowe, Jamaldeen Jimoh-Aloba, or Kadan Young

Jimoh and Rowe because they have been heavily linked with those players before, and those players were in a very highly rated year group at West Brom from which Chelsea have already taken two players - Leo Cardoso and Kiano Dyer, there's a connection there because Chelsea's head midland scout is formerly of West Brom's academy, Young came to mind because although he wasn't part of West Brom's academy as far I know, he did play for their feeder club in the same team as the above mentioned players

Tanswell seemed to suggest it was an academy player that's been around the first team squad, I don't want to be unfair, I don't know if he was speaking in definite terms or just meant that in an educate guess kind of way, but if he was saying that it's a youngster that's been part of the first team squad then that would rule out Rowe and Jimoh-Aloba, presuming by first team squad he means match day squads

So thinking of academy players that have been 'in and around the first team [match day] squad', that leaves , Kesler-Hayden, Munroe, Tommi O'Reily, Travis Patterson, Young, and Kellyman, I think we can rule out Kesler-Hayden, Tommi O'Reilly, and Munroe, a few have guessed at Munroe

That leaves Kellyman, Patterson and Kadan Young, again if it is a player that's been part of our first team squad, then I think one of those three the most likely, if I had to guess at one of them, I would say Kadan Young, for reason given above, my initial thought was that it woudn't be Kellyman, just signed a long-term deal, his brother also just joined, he comes across as ultra sensible and level headed, but can't be ruled out I guess, he would fetch a big fee, and so would offset the Maatsen fee more than any other academy sale, with regards to Patterson I'd put him in a similar category to Young and Kellyman, but he's had a lot of injuries which makes me think he would be the least likely of the three

So in other words my guess would be Kadan Young, or if I'm reading too much into Tanswell's 'in and around the first team squad' comment then Triston Rowe or Jimoh-Aloba also come into contention

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, wishywashy said:

So far this window we're set to:

• Sign one of the Premier League's most inform players last season on the cheap (Barkley)
  • Sign one of the most exciting LBs in the world, a CL finalist in the CL TOTS
  • Sign two very-high potential prospects from Juventus
  • Potentially avoid PSR sanctions

All for Luiz (who isn't signing a new contract) and likely Duran.

Not too shabby.

I know.

Emery out. They're all fat.

14 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Having too many good players in places for us to figure out how exactly we're going to use all of them is one of the nicest problems we've had in a long time.

I read this and was reminded we're in CL next season.  Still having to pinch myself at times, not used to having a team and a manager this good 

On 20/06/2024 at 13:23, zab6359 said:

Can you quote where Monchi likes swap deals please?

Love to, but can't remember.

3 hours ago, Houseoftomorrow said:

Has anyone heard which academy prospect might be headed to Chelsea? I was listening to the 1874 Pod today and clearly both Tanswell and Bardell have heard a name, but declined to say who it was. it didn’t seem like bait and made for an awkward segment.

How wet is that though? Just don't say anything.

Having said that, I know who it is. I can't say just yet mind.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Just no pleasing you… final attempt:

spacer.png

yeah....that's more like it.

13 hours ago, wishywashy said:

So far this window we're set to:

• Sign one of the Premier League's most inform players last season on the cheap (Barkley)

Given that Barkley was spoken about as almost imminent a couple of weeks ago and has not been mentioned at all since, is it possible this one has fallen through?

Of course, we could also simply be waiting for the books to be put in order but it's weird just how cold the link has gone.

Â