Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Barrenechea valued at less than McKennie isn't really surprising is it. Even with McKennie having only 1 year on his contract.

14 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Let’s goooooo

that would be a superior deal for sure to the dog mess before.

• Like 3

Our league cup team will be interesting this year:

-------------------------------------------Gauci----------------------------------

Nedeljkovic--------Amundsen Day-----Feeney---------Sousa

-----------------------------------Barrrenechea-------------------------------

Rogers-------------Ramsey-----------Kellyman-----------------Illing

----------------------------------------Archer-------------------------------------

*We could probably do with another striker before the start of the season.

edit: forgot Kellyman - sorry Dobbo, you're out. forgot Archer too.

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

So what does the total value of this come to?

That’s really hard to guess but I reckon those younger players are worth around £20m (€23m), which was similar to what Chelsea paid for Chuckwumeka… this is just guess work by me but I think overall €75m … 

• Thanks 1

Using the granted deeply flawed Transfermarkt valuations

• Luiz is €70m with 2 years left on his contract
  • Illing-jr is €13m even with a expiring contract
  • Barrenechea is €7.5m

They are getting a known entity, we are getting potential and cash.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Using the granted deeply flawed Transfermarkt valuations

• Luiz is €70m with 2 years left on his contract
  • Illing-jr is €13m even with a expiring contract
  • Barrenechea is €7.5m

They are getting a known entity, we are getting potential and cash.

what do you think we are actually valuing Luiz at in this transfer then?

if Illing is 15m, and Barrenechea is 10m, plus 30m cash, that puts Luiz at 55m?

and that actually 55m euros isnt it?, so Luiz is actually £46.5m

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah it feels really low to me. 

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Yes, and exactly why we should try to get Soule, too (if we can afford luxuries). 11 goals and 3 assists as RW and SS in the same relegated team as Enzo, and only turned 21 in April. 

Great cover, bags of potential, can give him time to develop further, and a ready made replacement for Bailey if a decision is made to move him on next summer. 

Playing Soule behind Rogers would ultimately be a pretty good central two (I think) - they'd certainly give defenders plenty to think of.  Maybe they are both more of the 10 behind Ollie for now - but I wouldn't be surprised if Rogers becomes more of a CF to use his height, strength, quick feet and good reading of the game in and around the box. 

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

Yeah it feels really low to me. Guess/hope they are inflating the Juve players a lot so the numbers looks better.

30m
Iling-Jr (20m)
Barrenechea (15m)

Total: 65m

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah it feels really low to me. Guess/hope they are inflating the Juve players a lot so the numbers looks better.

how would that be better for us though?, as if we are paying more, thats worse for us?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

If Tim is worth £9m then I think someone's who has played a full Serie A season for a team that narrowly missed out on 13th place would have to be worth closer to £15m.  So I think we're closer to £60-65m.

I'm gutted that Luiz is leaving but as someone else has said if we land Illing, Barrenechea and Soule for £5m then it could work out to be a very good bit of business even ignoring any PSR benefits it might have had.  Especially as it seems VERY likely that Illing and Soule were pretty high up our list of targets anyway.

Edited by allani

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

30m
Iling-Jr (20m)
Barrenechea (15m)

Total: 65m

so thats £55m for Luiz, if you meant euros.

1 minute ago, allani said:

If Tim is worth £9m then I think someone's who has played a full Serie A season for a team that narrowly missed out on 13th place would have to be worth closer to £15m.  So I think we're closer to £60-65m.

I'm gutted that Luiz is leaving but as someone else has said it we land Illing, Barrenechea and Soule for £5m then it could work out to be a very good bit of business even ignoring any PSR benefits it might have had.  Especially as it seems VERY likely that Illing and Soule were pretty high up our list of targets anyway.

Soule?

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

how would that be better for us though?, as if we are paying more, thats worse for us?

Yeah :D No idea what I meant there :crylaugh:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Soule?

Sorry my previous post said "it" rather than "if".  There are rumours that we originally asked for the Luiz deal to include Soulé (who played with Barrenechea at Frosinone this season).  Juventus want to sell him for cash (as that will help them land other targets that they have in July) and the figure of €35m has been mentioned as the price they are looking at.  Lots of clubs sniffing around Soulé so we'd need to get our ducks in a row pretty quick.  He scored 11 for Frosinone this season in a narrow AMR role - so I think would work well in the Diaby position rather than as a backup to Bailey.  I've not seen a lot of Frosinone but when I watch the Serie A highlights on Sky Italia he features quite a bit.

3 minutes ago, allani said:

Sorry my previous post said "it" rather than "if".  There are rumours that we originally asked for the Luiz deal to include Soulé (who played with Barrenechea at Frosinone this season).  Juventus want to sell him for cash (as that will help them land other targets that they have in July) and the figure of €35m has been mentioned as the price they are looking at.  Lots of clubs sniffing around Soulé so we'd need to get our ducks in a row pretty quick.  He scored 11 for Frosinone this season in a narrow AMR role - so I think would work well in the Diaby position rather than as a backup to Bailey.  I've not seen a lot of Frosinone but when I watch the Serie A highlights on Sky Italia he features quite a bit.

Yeah, if we got Soule for 35-40m, so a net 5/10m spend, it could be great if the players develop.

Not sure we will get Soule tho?

• Like 1

Â