Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

27 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Use the cash we get from Juve in this deal and top up a little bit post July 1 and snag all three of their youngest for the price of Dougie. Would only cost us 15m Euros.

All of this. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Just watched the Enzo Baranechea scouting report on the For The Love Of Paul Mcgrath podcast.

If feel encouraged by this signing as a result. He's a proper DM that's 6'1 and cover a lot of ground at speed. He has a high passing pass completion, and potentially can spray passes around too. Sounds like perfect back up to Kamara if Kamara was fit and ready to go.

The fact Kamara won't be ready to go till January though is a problem, as Enzo is just turn 23 only 36 top flight games in Italy, and would be coming to a new country, and a higher standard of football. He will obviously need time to adapt, learn the language, and develop.

This strikes me as the sort of player that Brighton have signed in the past. Everyone else has said, who and for how much and given time the player has developed into a quality player, leaving other clubs to wonder why they can't spot talent like that. 🤞

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, John said:

This strikes me as the sort of player that Brighton have signed in the past. Everyone else has said, who and for how much and given time the player has developed into a quality player, leaving other clubs to wonder why they can't spot talent like that. 🤞

Yes, and exactly why we should try to get Soule, too (if we can afford luxuries). 11 goals and 3 assists as RW and SS in the same relegated team as Enzo, and only turned 21 in April. 

Great cover, bags of potential, can give him time to develop further, and a ready made replacement for Bailey if a decision is made to move him on next summer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ozvilla28 said:

Should play hard ball like Luiz rather straight cash or his involved.

I was thinking just that too, but as Pete said below: 

1 hour ago, pete101 said:

.....we are actively trying to sell Luiz to solve PSR , we have no position of power to play hard ball

I guess Juve aren't quite so over the PSR barrel as we are and will therefore only take cash for players that they would prefer to keep. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

Amario Cozier-Duberry not renewing with Arsenal, could be a nice pick for us perhaps. 🤔 

Funny this….was watching a you tube vid last year and he was on it for emerging young talents. Shades of Saka, good shout

5 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Funny this….was watching a you tube vid last year and he was on it for emerging young talents. Shades of Saka, good shout

Pretty racist.

:trollface:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Yes, and exactly why we should try to get Soule, too (if we can afford luxuries). 11 goals and 3 assists as RW and SS in the same relegated team as Enzo, and only turned 21 in April. 

Great cover, bags of potential, can give him time to develop further, and a ready made replacement for Bailey if a decision is made to move him on next summer. 

The problem is that his position is one we don’t really need to buy, we have other positions which need spending. 40m for RM? Not right now to be honest unless we get a better deal. With Jr and Dobbin I think we have enough wingers/attacking midfielders, we have to sort the backup striker if Duran left, Luiz replacement, selling Cash and upgrade and a CB. 

4 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

The problem is that his position is one we don’t really need to buy, we have other positions which need spending. 40m for RM? Not right now to be honest unless we get a better deal. With Jr and Dobbin I think we have enough wingers/attacking midfielders, we have to sort the backup striker if Duran left, Luiz replacement, selling Cash and upgrade and a CB. 

He played 11 games as SS last season, getting goals and assists. He’s only 21. I wouldn’t be pigeonholing him as just a RW at this stage. I accept your point we have other priorities, but Villa tired to include him in the Luiz deal before moving to Enzo, so Unai obviously rates him and thinks we have room for his profile. 

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

He played 11 games as SS last season, getting goals and assists. He’s only 21. I wouldn’t be pigeonholing him as just a RW at this stage. I accept your point we have other priorities, but Villa tired to include him in the Luiz deal before moving to Enzo, so Unai obviously rates him and thinks we have room for his profile. 

I think if we are targeting that profile we would target Baena and Pote first 

Great to see these deals progressing regardless of losing Doug, shows Monchi is effective and that'll be nearly £70 million in after Tim as well. So that's PSR sorted and enough room to buy x4 £40 mill players, Maatsen being one of them. And Duran / Cash to go too to give us yet more room. Not bad. 

• Like 1

Â