Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

49 minutes ago, bose said:

Just maybe we have a small chance? Please?

Everyone is taking notice of him now opposing fans and all , I’ve tried telling a few that are raving about that we tried to sign him months ago and it’s usually met with a blank expression.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, pete101 said:

This is neverending. How are people still not grasping that we are actively trying to sell Luiz to solve PSR , we have no position of power to play hard ball

If that was wholly true why are there no other bidders?

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Everyone is taking notice of him now opposing fans and all , I’ve tried telling a few that are raving about that we tried to sign him month ago and it’s usually met with a blank expression.

I’ve also been beating the drum. One of the most exciting players in the Spain setup for years. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

I’ve also been beating the drum. One of the most exciting players in the Spain setup for years. 

If he doesn’t sign for us I hope he stays at Bilbao forever would be sickening to see him at a Chelsea or Liverpool.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

How do we know there aren't?

I assume that there are several factors at play but Juve presented the best opportunity to us. They clearly want the player. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Can't explain why no other bidders (how would we know anyway?), but potentially why there might be less bidders.... take the likes of Arsenal for example. They've been linked with Douglas Luiz before but I don't think they can buy before July 1st for their own PSR reasons (as an example, they had to loan Raya - they're not going to complete that purchase until the next Financial Season starts July 1st so that it counts against the following season's "allowance").

We can't wait until then. We, seemingly, need to sell before June 30th.

11 minutes ago, Wes said:

Can't explain why no other bidders (how would we know anyway?), but potentially why there might be less bidders.... take the likes of Arsenal for example. They've been linked with Douglas Luiz before but I don't think they can buy before July 1st for their own PSR reasons (as an example, they had to loan Raya - they're not going to complete that purchase until the next Financial Season starts July 1st so that it counts against the following season's "allowance").

We can't wait until then. We, seemingly, need to sell before June 30th.

Also, it's worth noting that clubs like Arsenal, United or any other clubs in PL interested in Luiz might benefit from us getting a potential points deduction.  So are not prepared to help us with that situation.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Most teams dont have PSR wiggleroom until July

48 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think the idea with Soule is he'd be more of a Buendia replacement (stay calm @Delphinho123...) if he dosen't get back into things after his ACL.

Even then Buendia will only have 12 months left on his deal next summer so I think we'll sell him then regardless.

So register our interest now and if Soule can't quite break into the Juve team he becomes a credible option next summer instead.

You have my attention. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Everyone is taking notice of him now opposing fans and all , I’ve tried telling a few that are raving about that we tried to sign him months ago and it’s usually met with a blank expression.

One good game for Spain means shit, he’s been shit at Forest all season, even worse for Wales too 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Soule excited by the idea of joining us - but Juve want straight cash

Use the cash we get from Juve in this deal and top up a little bit post July 1 and snag all three of their youngest for the price of Dougie. Would only cost us 15m Euros.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Also, it's worth noting that clubs like Arsenal, United or any other clubs in PL interested in Luiz might benefit from us getting a potential points deduction.  So are not prepared to help us with that situation.

Fark em all!! Do it the way we’re doing it now then shit on their back door step after we’re done and go about our business.

1 minute ago, CroVillan said:

Use the cash we get from Juve in this deal and top up a little bit post July 1 and snag all three of their youngest for the price of Dougie. Would only cost us 15m Euros.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If we get soule in, it’s likely we’d have to sell Diaby or Bailey 

We could make a big profit on Bailey, but it's a huge risk to sell him, more so than Luiz. If Bailey has another season like the last, Liverpool will be looking at him to replace Salah. Diaby isn't really sellable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

We could make a big profit on Bailey, but it's a huge risk to sell him, more so than Luiz. If Bailey has another season like the last, Liverpool will be looking at him to replace Salah. Diaby isn't really sellable. 

Bailey is up there with Watkins and Martinez as our most important assets.  Regarding Diaby, he's in the same position as Bailey was this time last year, another season under Unai and he'll be an important part of the team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

Isn't that what was always going to happen with the youth academy, exceptional ones will break into the first team the rest will be sold for profit?

Yes but that’s not what’s happening here. In this case we’re swapping Tim for an equally unexceptionable Everton youngster, in order to satisfy PSR requirements.

I don’t actually mind it, it beats a very unfair system. But you have to ask the Premier League, what’s the point?  All you’re doing is forcing clubs to use young lads as pawns in a game of financial loopholes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Yes but that’s not what’s happening here. In this case we’re swapping Tim for an equally unexceptionable Everton youngster, in order to satisfy PSR requirements.

I don’t actually mind it, it beats a very unfair system. But you have to ask the Premier League, what’s the point?  All you’re doing is forcing clubs to use young lads as pawns in a game of financial loopholes.

Well, it kinda is.  Tim is clearly not going to have a future here and would probably be sold this summer or next regardless.  We're just taking advantage of it now to get around PSR.

Â