Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

50 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not sure how he’d know that

In fairness, whether certain things are true or not, there is obviously a much higher likelihood of them getting information , being in the industry, than us on here.

They just say what they've " heard ", not sure why they should get hate for it 😂.

They are Villa fans in media and with contacts at club.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, whether certain things are true or not, there is obviously a much higher likelihood of them getting information , being in the industry, than us on here.

They just say what they've " heard ", not sure why they should get hate for it 😂.

They are Villa fans in media and with contacts at club.

No hate from me, and I’m sure they hear stuff about who we are linked to, and if we’ve had someone like Illing Jr on our list for a while. But I can’t see how they would know what position any signing is going to play, that to me is just guess work. 

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

been thinking, if these trades work out so well that we finish this window with our books in the black and our squad is still competitive in the league and CL then Monchi really deserves some massive accolades. I really think if it was still Purslow and Lange stuck in this situation, they’d never try doing any of this trade stuff… they just sell all our best players and try and start the rebuild again. 

Monchi is really trying a new idea out and I’m quite excited how it’s playing out… so far 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 4

I too listened to the podcast, and to be fair I don't think Bardell was claiming to have concrete intel that we were signing him as a rightback, just something he heard, as in a suggestion, and the co-host Jacob Tanswell reacted with a degree of surprise at the suggestion

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I too listened to the podcast, and to be fair I don't think Bardell was claiming to have concrete intel that we were signing him as a rightback, just something he heard, as in a suggestion, and the co-host Jacob Tanswell reacted with a degree of surprise at the suggestion

What message are you referring to? Please dude, use the quote button more often. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

8 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What message are you referring to? Please dude, use the quote button more often. 

McKennie is fat.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Football fans are hilarious.

In previous windows I'm pretty sure I saw comments like " Doesn't look anything special to me, not sure why we'd want him so badly ".

Now some have seen him in one game and have decided that it's a shame we haven't gotten him.

My broader point is, we should probably usually trust our Manager and Team across the board to know what they are doing and why they are doing it 

I often see us linked to players, then someone will watch one game and decide if they are  absolute shite or Lionel Messi MK2 purely based on it.

To me, it appears Unai and Monchi have a knack at identifying potential top, top players before they become unattainable.

Their work is so much more in depth than anything we could imagine imo.

Williams has always been good. It’s also funny when fans say we missed out and he will go to a big club now. Like those clubs didn’t know about him until they saw him play tonight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In previous windows I'm pretty sure I saw comments like " Doesn't look anything special to me, not sure why we'd want him so badly ".

Now some have seen him in one game and have decided that it's a shame we haven't gotten him.

My broader point is, we should probably usually trust our Manager and Team across the board to know what they are doing and why they are doing it 

I often see us linked to players, then someone will watch one game and decide if they are  absolute shite or Lionel Messi MK2 purely based on it.

To me, it appears Unai and Monchi have a knack at identifying potential top, top players before they become unattainable.

It's a fair point and I agree there can be too much of a tendency to rely on stats or YouTube highlights when some form opinions - this isn't Moneyball. Also stating opinions to the extremes probably doesn't help. So we should let things play out a bit more and trust Unai/Monchi to do their thing.

What I would say though is that there are individuals on here who watch an awful lot of football beyond Villa games. Whilst they're not scouts, they can provide a view based on what they've seen so I value hearing their views. There was a post earlier about Monchis time at Roma which was very helpful 

Personally when giving an opinion, I'll state how much I've seen of the player to allow others to decide how much to listen to it. Some views come from speaking to people I manage in other locations who are season ticket holders at different European clubs

Long story short, I agree with you but am happy to sift through the occasional **** posts to get the useful ones 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

It's a fair point and I agree there can be too much of a tendency to rely on stats or YouTube highlights when some form opinions - this isn't Moneyball. Also stating opinions to the extremes probably doesn't help. So we should let things play out a bit more and trust Unai/Monchi to do their thing.

What I would say though is that there are individuals on here who watch an awful lot of football beyond Villa games. Whilst they're not scouts, they can provide a view based on what they've seen so I value hearing their views. There was a post earlier about Monchis time at Roma which was very helpful 

Personally when giving an opinion, I'll state how much I've seen of the player to allow others to decide how much to listen to it. Some views come from speaking to people I manage in other locations who are season ticket holders at different European clubs

Long story short, I agree with you but am happy to sift through the occasional **** posts to get the useful ones 

This is fair.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I agree most jump on the “flavor of the month” train. 

It hasn’t only been this game for me personally. He was a wonderkid on FM21 lol. But we should’ve signed him last summer when we were heavily linked and had “put an offer in”. Even before this tournament he was showing how good he was for a couple years now in La Liga. 

I would’ve paid over the top a bit, but I can only respect him staying with his hometown club Bilbao. I just really thought especially getting Don Unai - we would’ve secured him and I’m jealous to who ever does 

IMG_0043.png

Edited by trillvillan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just watching Bardells last transfer podcast.

Was saying that McKennie was actually being brought in as a Right Back

And that we have actually been tracking Iling Jr for quite a while.

So it's not like we are just scatter shooting.

Aside from this they were heavily intimidating that alot is going on behind the scenes, both outgoings and incoming.

dont think Bardell knows anything from the club

• Like 1

I think Williams is very good, but after getting Diaby last season I don’t think it will be a wise move to spend more than 50m on him, unless we sell Diaby. He’s very good, but we have our financial issues and we have other areas to sort. It’s not only the fee but wages as well. I’m happy right now with adjusting the squad while improving day by day. 
Anyway after Illing I doubt we’ll get any wingers (apart from youngsters in swap deals like the one from Everton who might be loaned directly).

Unless we sell Ramsey which I doubt right now.

We couldn't get him last summer.  We tried but he wanted to stay at bilbao.

The reason I want him this summer is that we can now offer champions league football,  we have a manager he'll have a strong connection with (which may make him willing to consider leaving Bilbao), and we have a huge gap on our left hand side that Ramsey unfortunately seems to no longer be able to fill. 

I just hope we can afford to make an offer for him, and then I think the Emery factor may well make him consider us.  He's not your typical footballer. 

17 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

We couldn't get him last summer.  We tried but he wanted to stay at bilbao.

The reason I want him this summer is that we can now offer champions league football,  we have a manager he'll have a strong connection with (which may make him willing to consider leaving Bilbao), and we have a huge gap on our left hand side that Ramsey unfortunately seems to no longer be able to fill. 

I just hope we can afford to make an offer for him, and then I think the Emery factor may well make him consider us.  He's not your typical footballer. 

Unfortunately I think that shipped sailed last summer. Last summer would’ve been the only time to have reasonably signed him - Bilbao now will want a crazy fee! I think it’s too unrealistic now. 

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just watching Bardells last transfer podcast.

Was saying that McKennie was actually being brought in as a Right Back

And that we have actually been tracking Iling Jr for quite a while.

So it's not like we are just scatter shooting.

Aside from this they were heavily intimidating that alot is going on behind the scenes, both outgoings and incoming.

Out of interest as someone who doesn't do Villa podcasts or read more than this forum about Villa.

What does Bardell know? Is he an insider or just speaks after the fact? Has he mentioned an interest in Illing Jr, previously for example? 

Not trying to shoot him down but there's nothing from anybody saying the above.

Â