Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

With Maatsen and Iling Jr coming in along with having Sousa, do people reckon we might be moving on both Digne and Moreno?

Sousa isnt ready, he wasnt even a regular for Plymouth last season, he will go out on loan again i think.

I reckon one of Digne/Moreno will stay, and one will go.

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We are 100% signing a big name midfielder be it Gallagher or someone else. 

No idea why people think we won't.  There is 0% chance we're going into a Champions League season with McGinn and Barkley in the pivot 🤣

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

No idea why people think we won't.  There is 0% chance we're going into a Champions League season with McGinn and Barkley in the pivot 🤣

Exactly. Some of the responses are utterly baffling. You’d think some of the posts were written on deadline day. I think some people just want to find the negative for some reason. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’ve done some scouting and found our new DM.  Please welcome 7ft 9 teenager…

Still growing? 7’9”?!

Somebody check on @TRO

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

With Maatsen and Iling Jr coming in along with having Sousa, do people reckon we might be moving on both Digne and Moreno?

I've said this in a different thread, but, I can see a contract extension for Digne on less wages. He gets more contract security in a place he wants to be, we get squad consistency and two different types of left full back, which is the reason Emery binned off that Swedish guy when he first took over.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

7ft + ✅

good at defence ✅

Does he have a duel nationality with any West African country?

38 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Hah. Then we will finish nowhere near top 4. 

Our financial situation will be better from 1st July, we will have the money to buy a midfielder and a defender and maybe even another forward. The Guardian article I posted says we want 2 x CM, 1 x RB, and 1 x forward. 

There is no way we will go into a new season with a rookie as our starting DM if we are serious about challenging for top 4 again. If we do we will finish no higher than 8th. 

The UEFA FFP restrictions are more strict than the Premier League’s. Hence why I’m keeping my expectations pretty low for this summer. 

30 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Really feel for the other players…

spacer.png

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Iling Jr will be playing left mid/wing. Digne will probably be staying in the LB rotation.

image.thumb.png.d652d1177e5c2137aa5ddbe61e286704.png

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

I am expecting that midfield spot to be taken by Barrenechea until Kamara gets back. 

With our financial situation we’re going to be doing modest business. 

Nonsense. Once Luiz and Duran are gone which should be soon and hit July I fully expect better quality replacements to come in like Maatsen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I hear you but I also feel Tielemans is better deployed further forward where his passing can unlock defences. Key is finding a quality player in that position to play alongside one of them. 

I wrote almost exactly that in my original reply and then worried that it made it sound like I was saying that Tielemans was better all round than McGinn. 🙂  The truth being they're two quite different players.  Plus McGinn is one of those players who on paper probably doesn't get into the team and yet in reality it is really hard / almost impossible not to include him because of everything that he does do.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

If we get Iling Jr, I imagine he plays higher up the pitch.  Maatsen replaces Moreno, I guess.

21 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Iling Jr will be playing left mid/wing. Digne will probably be staying in the LB rotation.

image.thumb.png.d652d1177e5c2137aa5ddbe61e286704.png

He was playing as a wing back for Juve last season, Transfermarkt just lists that position as left midfield.

Â