Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

42 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Could it be possible, at least in theory, we're able to spend £35m on a player now, but set it so the deal doesn't activate/go through until PSR somewhat resets in July? So it doesn't count towards our current profit/loss, but towards the next window.

Like, as a workaround to get some of the bigger deals 'done' early.

How are people still asking this question

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

How are people still asking this question

What's the issue?

The way I understand it, it resets next month. Therefore, since we'll be going into a new year of the three-year period, the '21/'22 spending is removed from the equation, right?

1 minute ago, Beastmix said:

What's the issue?

The way I understand it, it resets next month. Therefore, since we'll be going into a new year of the three-year period, the '21/'22 spending is removed from the equation, right?

I think its just because that exactly what it is... and the same question and answer gets posted daily for the past few months lol.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Tielemans on pens from now on then do we reckon?

It'll be interesting to see how we do that - one of the things that made Doug a great choice on penalties was that he was almost always on the pitch - Tielemans won't be. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Watkins get the nod.

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

I think its just because that exactly what it is... and the same question and answer gets posted daily for the past few months lol.

It's replaced "Can we still loan Januzaj"

6 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

What's the issue?

Anything we spend now is pretty inconsequential as we'd only have to amortise one month into 23/24.

It's money in we need as that all hits the accounts in one go.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It'll be interesting to see how we do that - one of the things that made Doug a great choice on penalties was that he was almost always on the pitch - Tielemans won't be. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Watkins get the nod.

No thank you.  Love Ollie but even the one he scored in the shootout was because he slipped.

I think Tielemans will be much more of a regular next season anyway.  Evidenced by how desperate we were for him to return from injury at the end of last season.

• Like 1

The midfield plan is still a little unclear to me.

I guess we have Rogers and Ramsey competing for the spot on the left,  McGinn and Tielemans for the more advanced role (perhaps with Buendia, although I see him being used more as an alternative to Bailey/Diaby), then Kamara holding when he's fit, with Barrenechea maybe backing him up, then Barkley at the moment in the deeper playmaking role replacing Doug (with McGinn and Tielemans to cover in an emergency). 

I'm not quite sure that's the finished article - I think there's still a proper replacement for Doug required - I guess that could be Gallagher, but that one has gone a bit quiet.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I mean, fair enough. I'm not on here every single day (or, at least, not reading every single post) so I can't say I've seen it before.

It clearly has been repeatedly posted, though, so my bad if I annoyed anyone.

I must admit, I didn't have "complete squad rebuild" down on my list of things that would be happening this summer when last season ended.

We're a lot busier than I thought we'd be.

Agreed - and I have a feeling this isn't by choice, either. These PSR rules are basically forcing clubs to sell players and go out to buy new ones because "pure profit sales" are so valuable to the balance sheet.

• Like 1

I must admit, I didn't have "complete squad rebuild" down on my list of things that would be happening this summer when last season ended.

One of reasons am not happy with rumblings. Unai is a genius but a mini rebuild in a tournament summer is mad

Could take months to gel and next season we could be chasing early on

• Like 2

Me neither, I think this will be a really difficult season. Learning to handle CL football and balancing that with the PL while rebuilding the squad is some job for Emery and the players. Getting lucky with not as many injuries would help a lot.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I would love to know what we would have done if financials were not an issue, perversly I think it could have meant less spending.

• Like 1

Â