Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Could it be possible, at least in theory, we're able to spend £35m on a player now, but set it so the deal doesn't activate/go through until PSR somewhat resets in July? So it doesn't count towards our current profit/loss, but towards the next window.

Like, as a workaround to get some of the bigger deals 'done' early.

Edited by Beastmix
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

That last sentence is certified, bonified insanity.

Why can’t we shop in the PL? You do deals based on their individual merit. Of course, a lot of PL players are overpriced but that doesn’t mean you can’t do a deal if a good one presents itself.

Insanity is a bit strong  😂

We can but you’ll always pay a premium, you bring in someone like Monchi to find those hidden gems in the mainland European leagues not help Chelsea meet there PSR requirements.

• Haha 1

Just now, Beastmix said:

Could it be possible, at least in theory, we're able to spend £35m on a player now, but set it so the deal doesn't activate/go through until PSR somewhat resets in July? So it doesn't count towards our current profit/loss, but towards the next window.

Like, as a workaround to get some of the bigger deals 'done' early.

So long as we sell a player the other way e.g. Duran, we can book the profit from the sale and amortise a weeks worth of the inbound fee, tipping the books favourably.

26 minutes ago, Rolta said:

We're spending £37million on a left back, so we can't be that poor. We clearly need to balance the books now, but I imagine the fun starts all over again to a degree at least once June is up.

We aren’t spending £37million Duran will go the other way, we are meeting each others PSR needs.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’d imagine like 99.9% of people here, I’ve never seen or heard of Barrenechea.

But let’s say we get:

Barkley

Maatsen

Barrenechea

Illing Jr

Dobbin

Beana

and a new rb

Would give us some good attacking options and cover most of the squad? 

Not really as need a ball playing midfielder still. Replacing Dougie in that position with Barkley be just mad

Also Iling Junior, Dobbin and Baena all play left wing to go with Ramsey and Rogers

I read somewhere, Monchi likes these swap deals.

I think if you can strengthen your squad, without spending too much money.....it has to be a benefit.

Spending big dough, puts pressure on everyone at a football club, including us......because they have to recoup that money, from somewhere.

If we have too many of one type of player, and too less of another type......it does make sense.

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not really as need a ball playing midfielder still. Replacing Dougie in that position with Barkley be just mad

Also Iling Junior, Dobbin and Baena all play left wing to go with Ramsey and Rogers

Barkley will be backup/rotation.  We ideally need someone who can replace Luiz AND Kamara.

11 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Insanity is a bit strong  😂

We can but you’ll always pay a premium, you bring in someone like Monchi to find those hidden gems in the mainland European leagues not help Chelsea meet there PSR requirements.

You bring in Monchi to be the deal maker, to convince the best players to come at the best deal whether that is the gems in hidden markets, known starlets, ageing legends or PL quality.  He’s here to continually improve the squad however that may be.  It’s not always finding hidden gems.

image.png.2020d73a41bb5cd5b518e812bef461bf.png

I have been attempting to track the on-going and rumoured movements and end up with a probable nine inbound transfers, and 15 outbound.

The net value of the current dealings (Out: Doug, Duran, Tim. In: Maatsen, Barrenechea, Iling Jr, Dobbin) is negligible overall and should ensure PSR compliance.

We can then open the cheque-book in the new trading period for a; RB, DC, AM and CF. I also expect that Barkley will transfer in post 30th June.

Incremental sales will be required in the new trading period to assist the expenditure, so if we can generate £50m from Cash, Carlos and Moreno, that would be a bonus. Any sale of KKH will be for pure profit.

The squad as above would be versatile for multiple formations and assuming the right signings, an increase in quality overall.

Very excited about the potential of this window.

• Like 1

As well as the names that seem to be underway in the past 48hrs, I wonder if Frimpong is on the radar, that would balance up the back 4/5 in the Emery style.

If we also added Goncalves or Baena, Hermoso, that GK we have been linked with and another forward that would be a mindblowing window. Seemingly anything could happen this window?

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

As well as the names that seem to be underway in the past 48hrs, I wonder if Frimpong is on the radar, that would balance up the back 4/5 in the Emery style.

If we also added Goncalves or Baena, Hermoso, that GK we have been linked with and another forward that would be a mindblowing window. Seemingly anything could happen this window?

Plus Gallagher, or whoever we go in for instead of him. Oh, and Todibo or another RCB. 

is this actually happening?

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

For sure- i do have concerns on buendia and esp mings on what kind of players they will be after the long term injuries. I have a feeling they wont play as big a part as they did before the injuries. I think JJs the one i am excited at seeing back as he missed virtually the whole season 

Maatsen is a exciting signing that one im happy with. I do have concerns the gallagher wont happen just think he wants to stay at chelsea and isnt overly keen to move. With maatsen going they may not be under as much pressure to sell

but until the deal is signed.....we are vulnerable to the hijack, are we not?

12 minutes ago, Tubby said:

image.png.2020d73a41bb5cd5b518e812bef461bf.png

I have been attempting to track the on-going and rumoured movements and end up with a probable nine inbound transfers, and 15 outbound.

The net value of the current dealings (Out: Doug, Duran, Tim. In: Maatsen, Barrenechea, Iling Jr, Dobbin) is negligible overall and should ensure PSR compliance.

We can then open the cheque-book in the new trading period for a; RB, DC, AM and CF. I also expect that Barkley will transfer in post 30th June.

Incremental sales will be required in the new trading period to assist the expenditure, so if we can generate £50m from Cash, Carlos and Moreno, that would be a bonus. Any sale of KKH will be for pure profit.

The squad as above would be versatile for multiple formations and assuming the right signings, an increase in quality overall.

Very excited about the potential of this window.

We should not be bringing in 9 new players and letting 12-15 go

Thats madness

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You bring in Monchi to be the deal maker, to convince the best players to come at the best deal whether that is the gems in hidden markets, known starlets, ageing legends or PL quality.  He’s here to continually improve the squad however that may be.  It’s not always finding hidden gems.

Yeah when PSR dictates your next move a decent negotiator helps a lot!

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Have there been any actual rumours of Olsen leaving or is that just wishful thinking?

Nothing in any Swedish media at least.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

The issue for me is that I want players Juve don't want to sell and I don't want any players Juve want to sell.

Until June 30th has passed, and we avoid FFP rules.....we can't really call the shots, too much.

Moving forward, we have to be mindful, not to get ourselves in to this position.

but remember this, it's not always about signing, what is perceived as "better" players.....It's about signing the "right" players for the team.

It's about building a balanced team, not necessarily filling the team with technically better players......of course we need technical players in crucial positions, but we need other types, to compliment them too.

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We should not be bringing in 9 new players and letting 12-15 go

Thats madness

Maybe so, but do the maths yourself and see where you get to.

We are already close to four players coming in this side of July, plus Barkley in July. That'll be five, do you think we stop there?

Many of the players leaving are at the end of their contracts, loan returns, youth sales and terminations. We will only actually be selling about four/five, plus the youth players.

So with four additional signings in positions of need, that's a net inbound of roughly three/four players.

This is effectively the 'recalibration' window. A bit of PSR finangling is mandated, followed by a need to improve quality for the ECL and increased game volume. Project Villa is ahead of target and so we need to act appropriately. In future windows we are likely to be much more stable.

Edited by Tubby

Â