MaVilla

24 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Team and subs for start of next season:

Martinez

New          Konsa     Torres         Maatsen

McGinn      New

Bailey              Tielemans             Rogers

Watkins 

Subs: Gauci/Olsen, Nedeljkovic, Mings, Iling Jr, Barkley, Barrenechea, Buendia, Diaby, Ramsey

So two new starting players still needed. Hopefully those players will be Fofana from Monaco and Geertruida from Feyenoord. I still feel that midfield will be industrious rather than classy as we had with Kamara and Luiz and that a player like Mikel Merino in addition to Fofana would be ideal, but I'm keeping expectations modest. 

Assuming that Moreno and Digne both go, although I suspect one will stay. I also think we will get a replacement for Duran in attack, unless we believe Rogers can play that role. 

This seems pretty realistic. Even assuming that there will always be a couple of injuries (hopefully not long term) during the season the bench now starts to look useful.

I would love us to be able to have a solid, consistent back 4 and DM next season and then on top of that I expect we'll see a bit more rotation - horses for courses - for different opposition. Exciting.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:
Martinez  
Gauci  
Olsen Out
Cash  
Carlos  
Konsa  
Mings  
Digne  
Torres  
Moreno  
Chambers Out
Kesler-Hayden Out
Hause Out
Nedeljković  
Luiz Out
McGinn  
Tielemans  
Buendia  
Coutinho Out
Dendoncker Out
Ramsey  
Kamara  
Iroegbunam Out
Watkins  
Diaby  
Duran Out
Rogers  
Bailey  
Archer Out

That's 10 players that need shifted, and that doesn't include the likes of Moreno, Carlos etc that could go if we get offers.  Monchi going to be a busy man.

That looks like the scoreboard for the longest game of cricket of all time.

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, burchy said:

I’d be happier if it was say 15m, Soule and Enzo (no offence to Illing Jnr obviously). Those two just seem a better fit for our squad at the moment. 

Illing Jr is homegrown, which will be a factor in why we want him specifically, I'd imagine.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, rubberman said:

This seems pretty realistic. Even assuming that there will always be a couple of injuries (hopefully not long term) during the season the bench now starts to look useful.

I would love us to be able to have a solid, consistent back 4 and DM next season and then on top of that I expect we'll see a bit more rotation - horses for courses - for different opposition. Exciting.

With Maatsen coming in, I think it will be way more likely that Konsa stays at RB and we get another CB in. Or maybe they are really confident that Mings will get back to where he was. 

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

With Maatsen coming in, I think it will be way more likely that Konsa stays at RB and we get another CB in. Or maybe they are really confident that Mings will get back to where he was. 

Personally I think we’ll get a RB brother. Think we’ll push for a Carlos sale, one of either Digne or Moreno after Maatsen is signed and possibly sell Cash. Will be a crazy window especially after PSR restraints are met and money in the kitty to attack the market post July 1

• Like 1

I’d imagine like 99.9% of people here, I’ve never seen or heard of Barrenechea.

But let’s say we get:

Barkley

Maatsen

Barrenechea

Illing Jr

Dobbin

Beana

and a new rb

Would give us some good attacking options and cover most of the squad? 

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

But let’s say we get:

Barkley

Maatsen

Barrenechea

Illing Jr

Dobbin

Beana

and a new rb

Look at the ages of them, as well.

Barkley obviously the experienced pro at 30.
Maatsen is 21.
Barrenechea is 23.
Iling Jr is 20.
Dobbin is 21.
Baena (any solid links?) is 22.

That's a future squad build, without any immediate impact aside from Maatsen, you'd assume.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Personally I think we’ll get a RB brother. Think we’ll push for a Carlos sale, one of either Digne or Moreno after Maatsen is signed and possibly sell Cash. Will be a crazy window especially after PSR restraints are met and money in the kitty to attack the market post July 1

I also think we'll be selling Cash. I must admit I'm pretty excited to see what happens after July. This could be a window to remember.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Who else would it be?  Watkins? Martinez?

It doesn’t have to be just one player. Selling Tim, Duran, and Cash would probably see us clear in PSR terms, but if you wanted to sell a different core first teamer with a low book value it could’ve been Konsa, McGinn, or Bailey. Arguably all are of equal importance to the team as Luiz. 

Point is Luiz wasn’t the only option and if he’d signed the new contract I don’t think we’d be moving him on.  

5 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I also think we'll be selling Cash. I must admit I'm pretty excited to see what happens after July. This could be a window to remember.

Back in March I heard from a very reliable source.....who had heard it directly from a Villa legend still heavily involved with the club....I was in the vicinity when it was said so I know they were there.

And I quote "if we get champions league Villa are going to go big in the summer, the plans are massive"

Now I always take things with a pinch of salt but so far it hasnt been a dull window and with July coming up......maybe...just maybe.....things are starting happen!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

So it seems we could be losing our most gorgeous male and female player in one foul swoop. Absolutely scandalous!!!

Watkins says hello.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

So it seems we could be losing our most gorgeous male and female player in one foul swoop. Absolutely scandalous!!!

where is Moreno going???

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

PSR seems to have really messed with the type of player Monchi and the team are being forced to look at, without PSR I don't think Maatsen, McKennie, Iling-Jnr etc. would get a look in and we wouldn't be selling DL! It's like we have been forced from the outer whole food fruit and veg aisles to the centre processed food aisles because we are a bit poor and need to make ends meet!

What pisses me off is it seems we are easing the likes of Chelsea's (and maybe Everton's) own PSR issues.

Hopefully Monchi and Unai pick the best of a bad bunch.

We're spending £37million on a left back, so we can't be that poor. We clearly need to balance the books now, but I imagine the fun starts all over again to a degree at least once June is up.

26 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

So it seems we could be losing our most gorgeous male and female player in one fell swoop. Absolutely scandalous!!!

Leon and Mings say hello 

25 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

Back in March I heard from a very reliable source.....who had heard it directly from a Villa legend still heavily involved with the club....I was in the vicinity when it was said so I know they were there.

And I quote "if we get champions league Villa are going to go big in the summer, the plans are massive"

Now I always take things with a pinch of salt but so far it hasnt been a dull window and with July coming up......maybe...just maybe.....things are starting happen!!!!

Much excite!

40 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

But let’s say we get:

Barkley

Maatsen

Barrenechea

Illing Jr

Dobbin

Beana

and a new rb

I think with that we’ve only missed a proper Luiz replacement. Add Fofana for example and we’re definitely better than the second part part of last season (arguably even the first half when Kamara gets back).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rolta said:

We're spending £37million on a left back, so we can't be that poor. We clearly need to balance the books now, but I imagine the fun starts all over again to a degree at least once June is up.

But likely selling Duran for a similar amount back to them. Still in swap mode. But, yes hopefully that gives us freedom for a couple of 'normal' transfers to come.

Â