Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, Awol said:

If Luiz wanted to stay then he’d have signed the contract that’s been sitting there for months. I think that’s your answer. 

Or he felt he deserved more than the club is offering. Any noise about the size of the contract he's supposedly turned down?

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Team and subs for start of next season:

Martinez

New          Konsa     Torres         Maatsen

McGinn      New

Bailey              Tielemans             Ramsey

Watkins 

Subs: Gauci/Olsen, Nedeljkovic, Mings, Iling Jr, Barkley, Barrenechea, Buendia, Diaby, Rogers

So two new starting players still needed. Hopefully those players will be Fofana from Monaco and Geertruida from Feyenoord. I still feel that midfield will be industrious rather than classy as we had with Kamara and Luiz and that a player like Mikel Merino in addition to Fofana would be ideal, but I'm keeping expectations modest. 

Assuming that Moreno and Digne both go, although I suspect one will stay. I also think we will get a replacement for Duran in attack, unless we believe Rogers can play that role. 

rogers should be a starter imo, he's got the x factor :P

• Like 1

Just now, zab6359 said:

We are selling him out of necessity to meet PSR requirements, I doubt a contract has been sat if front of him for months. 

Widely reported that a new contract has been on the table. Reports could be wrong of course, but I doubt we’d have looked to sell him if he was committed to Villa. 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Maatsen is a real quality young signing.  He would be a quality signing with PSR or not.  I think getting CL is the only reason we’ve been able to attract him.  I think the others I agree with but I think you are seriously underrating Maatsen.

I'm not underrating him I think he is a real good young prospect, but I have no doubt we are dealing with Chelsea purely due to PSR. We didn't bring Monchi in to shop in the PL.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Or he felt he deserved more than the club is offering. Any noise about the size of the contract he's supposedly turned down?

No, just that it’s been on the table for months. Think Tanswell and Bardell discussed it. 

Just now, Awol said:

Widely reported that a new contract has been on the table. Reports could be wrong of course, but I doubt we’d have looked to sell him if he was committed to Villa. 

You can say widely reported as many times as you like lots of things are widely reported with no real substance.

Just now, zab6359 said:

I'm not underrating him I think he is a real good young prospect, but I have no doubt we are dealing with Chelsea purely due to PSR. We didn't bring Monchi in to shop in the PL.

That last sentence is certified, bonified insanity.

Why can’t we shop in the PL? You do deals based on their individual merit. Of course, a lot of PL players are overpriced but that doesn’t mean you can’t do a deal if a good one presents itself.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Team and subs for start of next season:

Martinez

New          Konsa     Torres         Maatsen

McGinn      New

Bailey              Tielemans             Ramsey

Watkins 

Subs: Gauci/Olsen, Nedeljkovic, Mings, Iling Jr, Barkley, Barrenechea, Buendia, Diaby, Rogers

So two new starting players still needed. Hopefully those players will be Fofana from Monaco and Geertruida from Feyenoord. I still feel that midfield will be industrious rather than classy as we had with Kamara and Luiz and that a player like Mikel Merino in addition to Fofana would be ideal, but I'm keeping expectations modest. 

Assuming that Moreno and Digne both go, although I suspect one will stay. I also think we will get a replacement for Duran in attack, unless we believe Rogers can play that role. 

also, controversial opinion number 458, i wonder if McGinn will be a nailed on starter next season if we do bring a few in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

rogers should be a starter imo, he's got the x factor :P

I like Rogers but who do you drop. I feel we need Tielemans as he is the best passer in the midfield and any new midfielder we sign will surely start if they are an established player, Bailey and Watkins will play. McGinn is captain. So Rogers or Ramsey for me and I've gone with Ramsey.

Just now, zab6359 said:

You can say widely reported as many times as you like lots of things are widely reported with no real substance.

You can say we have to sell him for PSR, and you’ve no evidence of that either. Yes we do need to raise money before the 30th, but no one at the club has said we must sell Luiz and only Luiz to do so.  

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I actually think Iling Junior is a decent pick up tbh. I'd have no complaints if it was around £40m and him alone. 

I agree. We're signing exciting young players who have had lots of experience already. We having a great transfer window considering we have been put in handcuff.

12 minutes ago, Awol said:

If Luiz wanted to stay then he’d have signed the contract that’s been sitting there for months. I think that’s your answer. 

People don't want to face this truth.

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

You can say we have to sell him for PSR, and you’ve no evidence of that either. Yes we do need to raise money before the 30th, but no one at the club has said we must sell Luiz and only Luiz to do so.  

Who else would it be?  Watkins? Martinez?

8 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Monchi wouldn't restrict himself to solely non-PL moves.  It makes no sense if you've got a good enough player in England, right under his nose for scouting etc.

Maatsen did very well at Burnley (huge help in getting them promoted) then apparently very well at Dortmund.  That's as good as it gets for a loan player, really.  Can you imagine if Cameron Archer had the same trajectory by the age of 21?  We'd be thinking £35m is a steal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I like Rogers but who do you drop. I feel we need Tielemans as he is the best passer in the midfield and any new midfielder we sign will surely start if they are an established player, Bailey and Watkins will play. McGinn is captain. So Rogers or Ramsey for me and I've gone with Ramsey.

right now, Ramsey, Rogers looked really dangerous before he got injured, and Ramsey has hardly played for the last 12 months, so cameos off the bench would prob be good for him initially.

• Like 1

Martinez  
Gauci  
Olsen Out
Cash  
Carlos  
Konsa  
Mings  
Digne  
Torres  
Moreno  
Chambers Out
Kesler-Hayden Out
Hause Out
Nedeljković  
Luiz Out
McGinn  
Tielemans  
Buendia  
Coutinho Out
Dendoncker Out
Ramsey  
Kamara  
Iroegbunam Out
Watkins  
Diaby  
Duran Out
Rogers  
Bailey  
Archer Out

That's 10 players that need shifted, and that doesn't include the likes of Moreno, Carlos etc that could go if we get offers.  Monchi going to be a busy man.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

right now, Ramsey, Rogers looked really dangerous before he got injured, and Ramsey has hardly played for the last 12 months, so cameos off the bench would prob be good for him initially.

Good point. Edited now so Rogers starts and Ramsey on the bench. 

Â