Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

20 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

Read some recent articles about Unai's pal Monchi........not sure how accurate they are but seriously hoping he's improved from his Roma stint. Unfortunately, given his pursuit of the clogger that is Weston  McKennie I fear not.

He's still widely regarded as one of the best in the industry for a reason.

I too, have read opinions on his Roma stint, however there must be a reason why he is so highly regarded.

I also noticed sometimes we tend to choose the " worst " of a situation ( Player, Manager, Staff etc ) and just ignore all the other actual good bits of their careers.

It's also Unai who is the final decision maker on these things, so he can't just donasnhe please imo.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

I know Iling-Jnr isn’t a proper LB back but does buying Maatsen mean the Iling-Jnr deal and as such the Dougie deal is off I wonder.

God I hope so.

5 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Oooh. So that means no Iling then? Which probably means no deal with Juve? Which means no Doug out? So is PSR not an issue?

Things are all over the place at the moment. Questions questions questions.  

well I have always said I don't think we are in breach at the moment, it doesn't mean the Dougie deal is off, Iling has never played left back anyway, at Juventus he played as an attacking wingback with a back three behind.

5 hours ago, MSvillain said:

I’d be much happier with this, supposed to be a really bright prospect!

Anything is better than McKennie, Just looked up his stats, bit of a mixed bag

• Haha 1

Clearly Monchi will be riding the PSR carousel for the next 2 weeks.

After that I expect our business to be less erratic and opportunistic. More of the clear plan we saw last summer (at least until 2 serious injuries forced us back into the market).

44 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Sounds promising. Emery will unlock him.

When Juve fans are genuinely upset losing him and starting to get really mad at McKennie — that tells me everything I need to know. 

Get this Enzo kid in. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Wonder if our man @Daulmakan knows much about him?

Sorry, just little, if anything. Never actually played in our country's league, very little minutes played overall in first division across his career for Juventus. Don't recall him either making waves in our U-20s, old argentinian articles tout him as an offensive midfielder. but glancing at Wikipedia, it has him at 0 goals in 36 games for FROSINONE. You better be getting this guy for free...

Try Nico Paz at Real Madrid for one of our young semi-hidden gems.

1 hour ago, Dillon66 said:

Read some recent articles about Unai's pal Monchi........not sure how accurate they are but seriously hoping he's improved from his Roma stint. Unfortunately, given his pursuit of the clogger that is Weston  McKennie I fear not.

He has won 2 European trophies and has a Champions League spot under his belt since Roma

46 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Anything is better than McKennie, Just looked up his stats, bit of a mixed bag

yet this Anything has been shifted on loan to a relegated team while McKennie was a regular finishing 3rd

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Daulmakan said:

Sorry, just little, if anything. Never actually played in our country's league, very little minutes played overall in first division across his career for Juventus. Don't recall him either making waves in our U-20s, old argentinian articles tout him as an offensive midfielder. but glancing at Wikipedia, it has him at 0 goals in 36 games for FROSINONE. You better be getting this guy for free...

Try Nico Paz at Real Madrid for one of our young semi-hidden gems.

No worries… we need at least one quality DM (especially with Bouba out for a while) and to get rid of the poorer ones we have in the squad…

Seen some promising stuff online… could be an uncut gem that Unai can polish…

We may end up providing Argentina with ANOTHER quality option for the future… here’s hoping (if it happens).

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, burchy said:

If the deal was Soule and Enzo that would be perfect for us. RM and DM back up sorted. 

Alas…

not even Chiesa 😭 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's still widely regarded as one of the best in the industry for a reason.

I too, have read opinions on his Roma stint, however there must be a reason why he is so highly regarded.

I also noticed sometimes we tend to choose the " worst " of a situation ( Player, Manager, Staff etc ) and just ignore all the other actual good bits of their careers.

It's also Unai who is the final decision maker on these things, so he can't just donasnhe please imo.

Apparently, there was conflict and interference at Roma… but he’s actually been quite humble and criticised himself when asked about it.

Doesn’t seem like he had the freedom or control there and certainly didn’t enjoy the experience.

Needs to work with the right people… like King Unai (again).

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Zatman said:

yet this Anything has been shifted on loan to a relegated team while McKennie was a regular finishing 3rd

Don't care, McKennie is wank

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Different position, while being on an age where he needs to play. McKennie himself went on loan to relegated Leeds. 
Joselo won CL with Real Madrid would you take him?

Duran is wanted by Chelsea, last season our fans including me we weren’t sure if he’ll stay or Archer. 

Sometimes you can be a part of formation or lack of alternatives for a certain position. 

Combine all of that with the fact the how much we’d pay for McKennie and his wages which will put us in another trouble (while mostly not a starter). Add to that, our main need is DM, as we have Kamara hopefully coming back, while with Luiz out we’ll need to get a quality replacement. 

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

What a club does with a player does not = the ability of that player. Remember De Bruyne? Salah? 

Try a little harder.

Â