Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

And @Pongo Waring was talking like it is fact that it is a great summer too when that is very clearly an opinion. Why don't you go and reproach him for his language and leave me alone.

Opinions are there to be challenged - it’s a forum after all with debate and counter arguments… POV put across as fact is ruining this board IMO. No one knows how this will all pan out and I personally find that exciting 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Opinions are there to be challenged - it’s a forum after all with debate and counter arguments… POV put across as fact is ruining this board IMO. No one knows how this will all pan out and I personally find that exciting 

That's fine, you can believe it to be exciting. So far I am underwhelmed but that is my opinion. I really only think Maatsen will long term become a key player for us and we've lost an outstanding footballer in Dougie without a proper replacement coming in for him. Yes I probably don't know enough about the other players but when you're not allowed to choose which players you want and the other team is dictating as Juventus seemingly are (given it has been reported we wanted Soule and they turned it down and now McKennie is acting like a ****) then it rarely turns out well. 

• Like 1

While player trades are strange for us.

I was just thinking, ain't this pretty much how they operate in the US games? Player trading regularly etc.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

While player trades are strange for us.

I was just thinking, ain't this pretty much how they operate in the US games? Player trading regularly etc.

Would prefer it like this all the time tbh. Trading is far more exciting than spending disgusting amounts of money on one player. 

Edited by Tayls

Got a feeling Luiz was off anyway even without PSR issues. Rejected new contract and partner part of the deal joining to.

Seems like Soule is for sale at Juve so why did they reject that deal.

Edited by ozvilla28

24 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

That's fine, you can believe it to be exciting. So far I am underwhelmed but that is my opinion. I really only think Maatsen will long term become a key player for us and we've lost an outstanding footballer in Dougie without a proper replacement coming in for him. Yes I probably don't know enough about the other players but when you're not allowed to choose which players you want and the other team is dictating as Juventus seemingly are (given it has been reported we wanted Soule and they turned it down and now McKennie is acting like a ****) then it rarely turns out well. 

Actually now I feel much better about our activity. Potentially a good defensive midfielder, LW with potential. Solving PSR. All of that without getting a replacement for Luiz (which would give us time to get a proper one). 
Getting McKennie was an issue itself, big wages, not really a DM (so we’ll still need a backup for Kamara). I don’t think I would have been happy with McKennie starting. Could be an ok backup rm, cm and rb. But for those wage’s definitely bad deal. 
I think we’ll be more balanced with this deal and Maatsen then we’ve ended the season. We didn’t have a DM, we were wasting Luiz abilities anyway. 

Hopefully we get Fofana as a replacement for Luiz. 

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

Not great at all. Losing one of our best players and signing lesser quality in return. Our midfield is going to be considerably weaker next season unless we pull out a marquee signing or 2 next month. 

Only one I'm excited about is Maatsen. Need more deals like that. 

We’re weaker anyway without Kamara, we’re more balanced right now than the end of last season (depending on what’s currently happening). We’ll still look at Luiz replacement and Duran as well. 

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

Not great at all. Losing one of our best players and signing lesser quality in return. Our midfield is going to be considerably weaker next season unless we pull out a marquee signing or 2 next month. 

Only one I'm excited about is Maatsen. Need more deals like that. 

Enzo Barrenechea is an upgrade on Luiz

47 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

And @Pongo Waring was talking like it is fact that it is a great summer too when that is very clearly an opinion. Why don't you go and reproach him for his language and leave me alone.

It is a fact

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Got a feeling Luiz was off anyway even without PSR issues. Rejected new contract and partner part of the deal joining to.

Seems like Soule is for sale at Juve so why did they reject that deal.

Yeah reports saying he " strongly " wants the move.

As earlier, chances are he knew about the interest months ago, and could partially be why he subconsciously switched off performance wise ( I don't mean on purpose)

• Like 1

Read some recent articles about Unai's pal Monchi........not sure how accurate they are but seriously hoping he's improved from his Roma stint. Unfortunately, given his pursuit of the clogger that is Weston  McKennie I fear not.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah reports saying he " strongly " wants the move.

As earlier, chances are he knew about the interest months ago, and could partially be why he subconsciously switched off performance wise ( I don't mean on purpose)

Suspect Juve works for him and Alisha on many levels. Players are humans too - maybe they want to settle down nearer to Switzerland and still play in a top league. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dillon66 said:

Read some recent articles about Unai's pal Monchi........not sure how accurate they are but seriously hoping he's improved from his Roma stint. Unfortunately, given his pursuit of the clogger that is Weston  McKennie I fear not.

Unai has the final say on all transfers so his stint at Roma is irrelevant 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Unai has the final say on all transfers so his stint at Roma is irrelevant 

Unai is absolutely all in on this project and literally the Boss, no way he allows Monchi to ride in and sp*nk our funds and sell/swap our best players on some scattergun hope these youngsters develop into world beaters. 

• Like 1

Â