Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Maatsen is a top LB. Great deal. But now, why do you buy Iling? As winger he is average: he is the reserve of Philogene in the England sub 21 team. He could be a good LB, but if you buy Maatsen he becomes useless. 

And for Enzo Barrenechea, I hope this is a joke. Juve sent him to Frosinone (relegated) because he was not good enough. If you want players to swap with Juve you should ask Fagioli (he was banned, but top, top prospect), Huijsen (a young CB, high potential) or Yildiz (this is very difficult). 

I'd reluctantly take

Out

• Cash
  • Dougie
  • Duran
  • Digne or Moreno

In

• Maatsen
  • Enzo
  • Iling-Junior
  • Gallagher or Fofana

Giving us some time to look for a RB and Striker with the extra cash for Dougie. Maybe a Carlos transfer out to bring in a CB.

If there's no extra cash for Dougie. McKennie is a better player than Enzo, despite me not wanting him.

Edited by HalfTimePost

2 minutes ago, jigen said:

Maatsen is a top LB. Great deal. But now, why do you buy Iling? As winger he is average: he is the reserve of Philogene in the England sub 21 team. He could be a good LB, but if you buy Maatsen he becomes useless. 

And for Enzo Barrenechea, I hope this is a joke. Juve sent him to Frosinone (relegated) because he was not good enough. If you want players to swap with Juve you should ask Fagioli (he was banned, but top, top prospect), Huijsen (a young CB, high potential) or Yildiz (this is very difficult). 

His stats whilst on loan look really good though, no? 

Juventus and Aston Villa are considering including other counterparts in the Douglas Luiz deal, as revealed this morning.

Instead of Weston McKennie, the two clubs are discussing Dean Huijsen and Enzo Barrenechea.

Samuel Iling-Junior remains in the operation.

I'd love Huijsen, very very promising centreback

Hate this window.

We've all been through those Summers watching the big clubs stalk our stars (Yorke, Barry, Milner, Grealish, Benteke, Delph etc etc) finally accepting the inevitable and convincing ourselves the replacement is up to the job (they never are). Or losing a player we like because the manager doesn't fancy them.

But this haphazard monstrosity of dodgy deals, swaps etc we could lose anyone not because of either of the above, but because we've got to do something to cook the books (not in reality but that is all this PSR is).

If JJ and Dougie go, following our best season in living memory, that's about it for me.

• Like 4

Philogene isn't ahead of Iling, I'd say they're about the same level, but that's only after Philogene has had a brilliant season with Hull, before then Iling would have been rated way ahead of him, was playing in Serie A and Champions league whilst Philogene was on loan at Cardiff, also Philogene is more than a year older

Seems like a lot of people don't realize what a top prospect Iling is, of course there are no guarantees, and he's not a wonderkid as such, but you can put him in a similar category to the likes of Chukwuemeka, and Bynoe-Gittens, that is players his age from the England set-up already deemed good enough to play for top teams

Also on his position, he played as a left-back in the Chelsea academy, and has played as a wingback for Juventus, but he's made his name as winger, that's his main position, he's an out and out attacker, Philogene was used often as wingback for Cardiff, and Iling is similar, or to put it another he's closer to  Bailey as player - in terms of style, than he is to Moreno or Digne

I suspect we would use him as a leftback/wingback at times, but main reason for signing him I think will be as a winger

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

This has to be the maddest start to a window ever, and we haven’t even signed anyone yet. 

I'll give Monchi credit. He's being innovative to get us over the line.

Last year the complicated buy backs took 2 weeks to get ratified because of their complex nature. 

This year we're single handedly bringing back Part-Ex deals into vogue to get around PSR.

I'm not 100% on the deals rumoured. But can't fault his tenacity to innovate where needed to get us where he thinks we need to be.

1 minute ago, AndyClarke said:

Hate this window.

We've all been through those Summers watching the big clubs stalk our stars (Yorke, Barry, Milner, Grealish, Benteke, Delph etc etc) finally accepting the inevitable and convincing ourselves the replacement is up to the job (they never are). Or losing a player we like because the manager doesn't fancy them.

But this haphazard monstrosity of dodgy deals, swaps etc we could lose anyone not because of either of the above, but because we've got to do something to cook the books (not in reality but that is all this PSR is).

If JJ and Dougie go, following our best season in living memory, that's about it for me.

There is little to no chance that Emery et al are going to allow us to become weaker as a result of having to sell someone. Whatever deals we do I think it is going to benefit us. It will be tough to see people go, sure. We may have qualified for champs league last season but there is still room for improvement. 

Just now, Tayls said:

There is little to no chance that Emery et al are going to allow us to become weaker as a result of having to sell someone. Whatever deals we do I think it is going to benefit us. It will be tough to see people go, sure. We may have qualified for champs league last season but there is still room for improvement. 

not JJ please 

• Like 1

Â