Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

15 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As much shite I talk about them ( As they are frustrating with their spending )

They really do a great job with buying up a shed load of young talent and cashing in.

Mental, almost double even Man City!

FB_IMG_1718739139760.jpg

This also shows how poor we have been at selling players. Buying up others deadwood and being unable to shift them on the market.

We are getting better at it, but it's fairly telling that we have picked up players that others don't covet, and/or have been overpaying wages.

Cash for me isn’t progressing nor consistent enough under Unai. There’s still great flaws to his game. Especially his holding of the line, pace and positioning. He will get forward though and make stuff happen. But the lack of competition has hindered him also. Hence the over reliance on Ezri at RB which didn’t help when we had a weak pairing of Lenglet and Diego. He’s a handy squad player but one I would sell if a good offer came in. We need to get better at cashing in (no pun intended) so if we can make a small profit that will be a progress at least. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Him and Iling would certainly give us a bit more attacking threat on the left hand side. 

Could this mean that we are looking at an asymmetric setup? I think Unai has previous on that. 

If so it probably means we're looking to keep Konsa as an inverted fullback long term, and not splash out on a new RB. 

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Him and Iling would certainly give us a bit more attacking threat on the left hand side. 

Could this mean that we are looking at an asymmetric setup? I think Unai has previous on that. 

If so it probably means we're looking to keep Konsa as an inverted fullback long term, and not splash out on a new RB. 

Kosta is the other RB option. He didn’t give indications of another loan. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Kosta is the other RB option. He didn’t give indications of another loan. 

Most of the info I can find out about him suggests he is quite defensive for a full back (albeit with a good cross from deep), which again would make sense if we're aiming to make him backup to Konsa without changing the system.  

Edit. He's also reasonably quick by all accounts, which would again sort of make him young Konsa Mk2.

Edited by HKP90

28 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Cash for me isn’t progressing nor consistent enough under Unai. There’s still great flaws to his game. Especially his holding of the line, pace and positioning. He will get forward though and make stuff happen. But the lack of competition has hindered him also. Hence the over reliance on Ezri at RB which didn’t help when we had a weak pairing of Lenglet and Diego. He’s a handy squad player but one I would sell if a good offer came in. We need to get better at cashing in (no pun intended) so if we can make a small profit that will be a progress at least. 

I agree. He isn't a bad player, and he's a top bloke, but too limited for what we need from a 1st choice fullback. He's ok between both boxes but suspect otherwise. He's not the best defender and his delivery into the box, when it doesn't get blocked, is disappointing.

Its definitely time to upgrade the right back room. Konsa is fine for a 3rd choice right back or right of a 3. Nedeljkovic looks like a great option for backup / future first choice. Now we need the starter.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Dumfries for Cash (and possibly some cash)?

Not really keen on Dumfries tbh… looks an awkward n limited player.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

He says Dumfries renewal on hold and they are monitoring Cash and Ndoye. Assume if Dumfries can't agree a deal he'll be sold as only one year left in contract.

DiMarzio works for Sky Sports in Italy 

1 hour ago, Tubby said:

This also shows how poor we have been at selling players. Buying up others deadwood and being unable to shift them on the market.

We are getting better at it, but it's fairly telling that we have picked up players that others don't covet, and/or have been overpaying wages.

Sounds exactly like the Dougie deal…

Just now, Jas10 said:

Both Milan clubs competing for Matty?

spacer.png

Should be frosty (and quick), they are both in the San Siro.  

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not really keen on Dumfries tbh… looks an awkward n limited player.

He's just someone we've been linked to, not really married to idea of us signing him. I think he will be asking for big salary thou.

32 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Goncalves can play across the line, so not limited to a role on the left 

3 minutes ago, sne said:

He's just someone we've been linked to, not really married to idea of us signing him. I think he will be asking for big salary thou.

No worries, fair enough. Has height and strength but a bit cumbersome and not all that strong defensively, useful in attack though.

Commented on his love for Inter recently, might stay there.

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Goncalves can play across the line, so not limited to a role on the left 

True, but as it stands we don't have a traditional forward player in that area (other than Rogers), so would make sense if we saw him there mainly, but yeah it very much helps that he is adaptable. Can't see him on the right though with Leon and Moussa already there. Probably left or inside left, maybe?

Anyway, I like him a lot, so would be a great purchase. I'm surprised he's not been snapped up before if i'm honest. Seems like he's been on the radar for a while. 

• Like 1

Â