Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

56 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think a lot on here underrate Cash, his numbers are impressive, his carries, goals, shots, goal creating actions all top 10% for fullbacks. I really don't think the club are trying to sell and improve on him. I think we're open to selling at the right price and bringing in a replacement more for the PSR impact than improving the position. 

And that for me is why you cant rely on stats. for me he is a kick and run player, he doesn't have the passing ability required for us to take the next step. It's too much head down and blind crosses, too often misses the easy passes. Also I think he is a liability defensively, quite often he has been the one not holding the line in our off side trap. Also too rash in his tackles causing free kicks or risking penalties or red card. Most of this wont show in his stats.

I like his personality and it's great of him to take the step up to the PL, but I think he is our weak link in the team and is a lower half Premier League RB/RM.

I'd be happy to sell him and just go with Nedeljkovic, Konsa and Kaine Kesler Heyden. 

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I’ve always appreciated Cash’s work ethic, attitude and spirit. He gives his all, despite his limitations. Showed it and saved us in that Lille game, just one example. And he has been good at last ditch defending…

However, when we talk about replaceable/upgradable players that we can generate decent money from… Matty is high up, if not on top of that list.

If Milan are interested at 20m or more… it’s a deal we should be doing.

Duran… he doesn’t want to be here so we need to get the best deal/price possible…

Diego Carlos.

I don’t know what kind of fee we could get for Digne but we need those wages off our books before his form and ability decline as he ages. Don’t want to get into a situation where we struggle and are desperate to shift him… as we have seen so many times, Coutinho being the latest example.

Personally, I’d love to sell those players while keeping someone like Dougie (that’s if he will extend his deal and wants to stay)… but that seems unlikely atm.

Hopefully the Iroegbunam deal goes through… Archer we can sell… then add a few mil by shifting Chambers and Dendoncker… Kesler.

The problem is… we need takers, and fast.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

If we could sell all of those players… we could easily bring in (well) over 100m in transfer fees, easier said than done I know but still… 

and then there’s the savings on wages and freeing up of our budget there too…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

And that for me is why you cant rely on stats. for me he is a kick and run player, he doesn't have the passing ability required for us to take the next step. It's too much head down and blind crosses, too often misses the easy passes. Also I think he is a liability defensively, quite often he has been the one not holding the line in our off side trap. Also too rash in his tackles causing free kicks or risking penalties or red card. Most of this wont show in his stats.

I like his personality and it's great of him to take the step up to the PL, but I think he is our weak link in the team and is a lower half Premier League RB/RM.

I'd be happy to sell him and just go with Nedeljkovic, Konsa and Kaine Kesler Heyden. 

He's not there for his passing ability, he's top 25% on progressive carries. He creates goals and scores goals. He's better when he makes late runs into the box, also when he under laps so has Bailey widest and he makes runs into the half channel. He's a tool in the toolbox and when Emery uses him by choice for a tactical reason based on opposition he does very well. 

I wonder if we will look to restructure the whole deal with Juve if it drags on with McKennie and go for a different combo of players - Chiesa, Yildiz, Soule, Huijsen etc. Or will Barca come into the mix with their own player swop proposal given they cannot register Balde, Vitor Roque, Eric García. Much rather Luiz goes to Barca as its more palatable than Juve for some stupid reason… 

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

So… according to rumours/reports today:

Luiz deal may fall through or a different player could replace McKennie in the deal.

Chelsea looking at Omorodion as alternative to Duran.

Iroegbunam to Everton.

Archer to Southampton?

Luiz deal may fall through or a different player could replace McKennie in the deal. - Praise Jesus.

Chelsea looking at Omorodion as alternative to Duran. - Boo

Iroegbunam to Everton. - Yay

Archer to Southampton? - Yay

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Pretty dissappointed that there is no " Once I knew Villa were interested in me there is only one place I wanted to go "

Think we stopped that after Joe Bryan ran off

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I doubt the problem is Villa. 

Teams in the Championship could afford him. He probably only wants to go to a handful of clubs and unfortunately Villa probably isnt one of them. 

Anyway, we’ve got McKennie. So don’t worry about it.

Tbf many said the same about Kamara.

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I wonder if we will look to restructure the whole deal with Juve if it drags on with McKennie and go for a different combo of players - Chiesa, Yildiz, Soule, Huijsen etc. Or will Barca come into the mix with their own player swop proposal given they cannot register Balde, Vitor Roque, Eric García. Much rather Luiz goes to Barca as its more palatable than Juve for some stupid reason… 

More chance we actually get the money from Juventus

Would rather do business with none of them

52 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

that might just be the worst group of fullbacks in the PL. Go into a season with 2 untested, unproven RBs who have played some lower league ball and a cb who has played RB.  (I know that Nedeljkovic is highly rated and want him to get a chance, but zero senior RBs in the squad would be utter lunacy imo)

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Bro we can't go into a league and champions season with 2 relatively inexperienced rb for this league and Konsa who is far better at CB.

Insane.

• Like 1

As much shite I talk about them ( As they are frustrating with their spending )

They really do a great job with buying up a shed load of young talent and cashing in.

Mental, almost double even Man City!

FB_IMG_1718739139760.jpg

Hopefully we are working on several deals, not just Luiz. Still feel that giving Luiz for 15M and two lesser players with high wages sounds stupid short term and long term.

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Wait, his British accent is too good… how?!?! 

Sounds like he learned English by watching Eastenders. Actually laughed out loud when he switched 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â