Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just imagine the severance pay off issues Chelsea will have with their players. 9 year contracts that will have to be payed up if they sell/swap any of their young players. McKennie want's money from Juve, the Chelsea ones would want 50 times that amount to leave.

54 minutes ago, nick76 said:

How does it makes sense considering his injury issues? Unless you mean it makes sense for Chelsea, certainly doesn’t make for Villa.

It makes sense in the sense that will take a punt on loan if he can overcome injury problems  (which is unlikely as he seems a keinan davis mark 2)

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

I think Maatsen would replace Moreno as the attacking full back with Digne giving a more defensive outlet. 

Amazed people thinking he's overpriced at 30-35m.

He did brilliantly at Burnley. O.k that's not the prem but still shining at a decent level. Then moves mid season to Dortmund and does brilliantly for them and they are certainly top level.

Received a late call up for the Netherlands.

He keeps up this level and he'll be a 60-70m fb in two years so that's where it would be a smart deal to pursue if he's interested. I imagine his preference is still to go to Dortmund full time but they probably don't have the finances to sign him and Sancho in the same summer so that's the sticking point.

39 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

As much as I like Iroegbunam, if he is playing regularly for us next season then we've done something wrong this summer.

He couldn't get in when we barely had any CMs who could walk.

Start of next season the squad options are looking like SJM, Tielemans, McKennie, Barkley, Ramsey, Buendia who can play in the three CM positions so Tim is getting nowhere near that.

Needs to move on otherwise he'll just be like Kienan Davis hanging around for years and then he'll be 23-24.

I get the Luiz swap deal. Juve ain't got no cash. But Chelsea can (seemingly) spend whatever they want and are already buying other players outright. If they want Duran it should surely be money only then we can buy targets we really want. Just get the slight feeling we're maybe being a bit too cute in the market. Obv the proviso that it's all rumours this far and only going to judge at the end of the window.

Matt Law: Telegraph Sport can reveal that as well as Conor Gallagher, Villa have enquired about left-back Ian Maatsen, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Borussia Dortmund.

Maatsen has a £35 million release clause in his contract that Dortmund are not willing to meet, which has opened the door to Villa and other interested clubs.

My January 22 Maatsen verdict

I wonder if we'd have any chance of getting Ian Maatsen from Chelsea, currently on loan at Coventry, If we're going to sign an older left back for the first team, then I think we'd be well served also signing a younger one for the future, maybe that we could send on loan for a season or two, especially as we don't really have an equivalent to Kesler-Hayden in the left-back position.

here

• Thanks 1

Injuries aside, I think we could be looking at a template of this for next season:

---------------------------------Watkins------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------New/Rogers--------------------------
Ramsey-----------New---------------Kamara--------------McGinn
New---------------Torres---------------New------------------Konsa
--------------------------------Martinez------------------------------------

Bench/Squad:
Bailey
Mings
Iling Junior
McKennie
Nedelkovic
Olsen
Tielemans
Buendia
New CB

I think we're in the 'padding out the squad mode' at the moment but we'll likely go after some top quality starter material when July 1st comes around. £££
Many will disagree with the exclusion of Tielemans and Bailey. Can easily see them both starting in a best XI too. 

We're going to have some serious depth next season. I still think we're going to see a big overhaul this Summer with Cash, Carlos, Digne, Moreno, Duran, Luiz, Dendoncker, Sanson, Coutinho, Chambers, KKH and Iroegbunam leaving. I imagine Sousa will go back out on loan. That's potentially up to £800k of wages a week off the books. 

I feel we're going to really roll the dice. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

My January 22 Maatsen verdict

I wonder if we'd have any chance of getting Ian Maatsen from Chelsea, currently on loan at Coventry, If we're going to sign an older left back for the first team, then I think we'd be well served also signing a younger one for the future, maybe that we could send on loan for a season or two, especially as we don't really have an equivalent to Kesler-Hayden in the left-back position.

here

We need a ⭐️ Emoji. Good scouting 

This will be the window Unai truly stamps his authority and shapes his squad. I think we will be for a very interesting few weeks ahead. Especially when it comes to outgoings and clearing some deadwood. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It makes sense in the sense that will take a punt on loan if he can overcome injury problems  (which is unlikely as he seems a keinan davis mark 2)

Yep but he’s earning £250k per week and even taking on loan at 50% wages would be crazy given those injury problems and I’m guessing our % would be higher.

I was very impressed with him (Maatsen) at Coventry and also Burnley, only thing I would say he didn't strike me as a conventional left-back, more like a winger, I can't remember if his teams were playing a back three at the time but he was playing more like a wingback. I had doubts we would be interested if Iling Jr is signing as he can play that role too, but i guess Maatsen is more proven, and Iling can still come as a squad winger, which I think is considered his best position, that's where I've seen him play for England youth and looks a very good prospect

Edited by useless

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Injuries aside, I think we could be looking at a template of this for next season:

--------------------------------------------New/Rogers--------------------------

Bench/Squad:
Bailey
Mings
Iling Junior
McKennie
Nedelkovic
Olsen
Tielemans
Buendia
New CB

I think we're in the 'padding out the squad mode' at the moment but we'll likely go after some top quality starter material when July 1st comes around. £££
Many will disagree with the exclusion of Tielemans and Bailey. Can easily see them both starting in a best XI too. 

We're going to have some serious depth next season. I still think we're going to see a big overhaul this Summer with Cash, Carlos, Digne, Moreno, Duran, Luiz, Dendoncker, Sanson, Coutinho, Chambers, KKH and Iroegbunam leaving. I imagine Sousa will go back out on loan. That's potentially up to £800k of wages a week off the books. 

I’m not sure Ramsey is a guaranteed starter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

As much as I like Iroegbunam, if he is playing regularly for us next season then we've done something wrong this summer.

I mean he didn't even really play regularly for us this year when we had a huge need in midfield. He needs regular game time and won't get it here. 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

And Kamara is out until Christmas or so.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yep, agreed. Hard to pick between him and Rogers. We may even look to bring in a left sided player as I think Rogers could be used as a back up striker. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Bench/Squad:
Bailey
Mings
Iling Junior
McKennie
Nedelkovic
Olsen
Tielemans
Buendia
New CB

Where’s Diaby?

• Like 1

Â