Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

42 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Rumours this morning that Bayern want JJ, even some BS about Ollie to Liverpool. Sources are crap, of course, but the vultures are circling now: as far as the press is concerned, the there’s a massive for sale sign on every Villa player 

Straight swap JJ for Muisala 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Awol said:

Some Geordie fan accounts claiming they and Chelsea have agreed to pay Olise’s release clause and will speak with the player. Gordon - Isaak - Olise would be an incredible front line. 

Can only be activated by Champions League teams apparently, so unlucky for Newcastle and Chelsea 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

That's likely £7m (+ wages) for the season which isn't "much".

I can’t agree really, whether you frame it as £7m (+wages) per season for a five year contract or £35m plus wages he’s still a lot of money imo.

52 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Chelsea are looking for £35m for him though so I’m not sure it would be such a clever signing.  Think he looks very good but £35m is a bit much and even if a bit lower it’s still a fair whack for a PSR strapped club like us.

I agree. I’d rather we stuck with Digne and Moreno. I was more commenting on how quickly he was dismissed. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Straight swap JJ for Muisala 

It’s funny you say that as I do think they are very similar players. Obviously Musiala is the better player but had Ramsey not been so hampered by injuries he wouldn’t be miles behind.

2 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Rumours this morning that Bayern want JJ, even some BS about Ollie to Liverpool. Sources are crap, of course, but the vultures are circling now: as far as the press is concerned, the there’s a massive for sale sign on every Villa player 

The JJ to Bayern one was a CaughtOffside article that was quoting a sentence from the Times. An entire article dedicated to how JJ might leave that conveniently failed to mention the sentence after from the Times, where it says that it wouldn't happen 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

The JJ to Bayern one was a CaughtOffside article that was quoting a sentence from the Times. An entire article dedicated to how JJ might leave that conveniently failed to mention the sentence after from the Times, where it says that it wouldn't happen 

Transfer rumour clickbait tactics summarised in full 

2 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Honestly, its pathetic! All i hear all day from the lads at work is "oh your club is skint, you need to raise 100M in player sales or your getting a points deduction etc" 

I'm like oh because the media say its true then it must be...

• Like 2

Been on holiday and just catching up... so we've largely done F all but nevertheless the media are trying to sell all our players - did i miss anything of substance?

The proposed Juve deal is underwhelming (there's better Juve players we could swap for) so unless Barca come in with a player swap then I better come to terms with it.

Whilst we love the club, I've remembered that we're 18 months from being a bottom half PL / Championship team for multiple years. So shouldn't turn my nose up to additions that Unai & Monchi have signed off on.

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Somw twattwe runours that reese james may come on loan. Cant see it myself but would make sense consider his injury issues 

We shouldn't be loaning injury prone players from teams below us

We arent a relegation threatened team anymore

Quite like the idea of Chalobah as part of whatever this deal for Duran would entail. He's a good, versatile homegrown player that has always looked decent whenever he gets a chance for Chelsea. He can cover a few positions, is only in his mid-20s, tall, fast etc. Ticks a lot of boxes for a handy option in the squad when there'll be a lot of games to get through next season.

Maatsen also makes sense given how Villa play, though it feels like they'd really have to sort out one of Digne or Moreno leaving first.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Somw twattwe runours that reese james may come on loan. Cant see it myself but would make sense consider his injury issues 

How does it makes sense considering his injury issues? Unless you mean it makes sense for Chelsea, certainly doesn’t make for Villa.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Quite like the idea of Chalobah as part of whatever this deal for Duran would entail. He's a good, versatile homegrown player that has always looked decent whenever he gets a chance for Chelsea. He can cover a few positions, is only in his mid-20s, tall, fast etc. Ticks a lot of boxes for a handy option in the squad when there'll be a lot of games to get through next season.

Maatsen also makes sense given how Villa play, though it feels like they'd really have to sort out one of Digne or Moreno leaving first.

I think Maatsen would replace Moreno as the attacking full back with Digne giving a more defensive outlet. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thabucks said:

Not until the ink is dry and I’m sure if there is a chance he can get a move to Barca he’ll stall … 

This might not be so far fetched (McKennie demands from Juve could stall or delay the deal)…. I would agree that Barca probably have better or more appealing players, that are available, we could trade for but they are skint and riddled with debt so would we get any cash and to what extent would we push back on PSR?

Think if we get a half decent offer for Tim we should probably let him go. Doesn't look ready for PL football from what we've seen of him so far. Will probably get there but may need a year or two in the Championship first. 

• Like 1

Â