Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Hope Barca swoop in for Dougie as it feels more palatable selling him to Barca for some reason over Juve … a deal with Balde & an other player in exchange like Araujo/Kounde etc maybe even Vitor Roque 

just feels underwhelming selling him to Juve for Iling jnr & McKennie … when we should be getting Soule /  Yilmaz or chiesa  

Barca’s offer, an IOU + a signed Messi shirt.

They’re broke 😂

• Like 1

Some Geordie fan accounts claiming they and Chelsea have agreed to pay Olise’s release clause and will speak with the player. Gordon - Isaak - Olise would be an incredible front line. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Awol said:

Some Geordie fan accounts claiming they and Chelsea have agreed to pay Olise’s release clause and will speak with the player. Gordon - Isaak - Olise would be an incredible front line. 

What happened to Newcastle PSR issues?

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Genuinely not sure what this new obsession with Chelsea reserves is, they finished below us the last 2 seasons and I bet Chelsea fans would have zero interest or support if they were linked with Dendoncker, Archer or Chambers

Yet they’re willing to get Duran. 😁

35 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

What happened to Newcastle PSR issues?

Possibly some teams will start looking sacrificing some points. Forest didn’t sell cheap, their gamble succeeds as they weren’t relegated. 
It’s a case of knowing what kind of penalties a team will receive. So at times keeping a player or adding might worth a 3-6 points taking from the team. 
I don’t think it’s the right time for us though, as we’ll need a lot of activity plus we’re not a CL regulars. By that time we could sacrifice some points once we’re more established. Also the rules aren’t clear right now, by the time comes teams will start accepting that. Which on itself could be a way to either improve or damage the team. 

Today argentinian media announced that Thiago Almada wants to escape the wasteland that is the MLS and that his team would be willing to accept a discount to ship him out. Might be the right moment to roll the dice on him (he's reportedly eyeing a return to south america).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Yet they’re willing to get Duran. 😁

Duran is a highly rated youth prospect and not a reserve though

6 hours ago, Awol said:

Would be if you took Gordon out. 

When you’re strapped for cash surely players such as Maatson are the kind of clever signings a club should be looking at rather than turning their noses up at the player as they are a ‘Chelsea reserve’. 

He played in every knockout game up to the final. Yes he **** up in that game but the fact he helped an average Dortmund team even get that far means he was a great loan signing.

Not saying I want this player at all. Just surprised how quickly he was dismissed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When you’re strapped for cash surely players such as Maatson are the kind of clever signings a club should be looking at rather than turning their noses up at the player as they are a ‘Chelsea reserve’. 

He played in every knockout game up to the final. Yes he **** up in that game but the fact he helped an average Dortmund team even get that far means he was a great loan signing.

Not saying I want this player at all. Just surprised how quickly he was dismissed.

That’s just reflective of a certain attitude and arrogance in some posters. Probably based on little else. Transfer window hasn’t even begun and I wish people would not throw the toys out of the pram. Wait and see what Monchi and Unai cook up. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Rumours this morning that Bayern want JJ, even some BS about Ollie to Liverpool. Sources are crap, of course, but the vultures are circling now: as far as the press is concerned, the there’s a massive for sale sign on every Villa player 

Think Luiz and Duran sales mean we won't need to sell anyone else. We'd want to move on Dendonker and Chambers. Then would be one out one in type idea. Cash or Carlos for example. We might sell Digne if we see Iling Junior as a LB option. 

5 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Possibly some teams will start looking sacrificing some points. Forest didn’t sell cheap, their gamble succeeds as they weren’t relegated. 
It’s a case of knowing what kind of penalties a team will receive. So at times keeping a player or adding might worth a 3-6 points taking from the team. 
I don’t think it’s the right time for us though, as we’ll need a lot of activity plus we’re not a CL regulars. By that time we could sacrifice some points once we’re more established. Also the rules aren’t clear right now, by the time comes teams will start accepting that. Which on itself could be a way to either improve or damage the team. 

I think this is wrong. I don't think any club will deliberately break the rules now. The PL has shown it will act and there's no guarantee that the next punishment will 'only' be 6points. They might well decide that there was enough warning last season and it needs to go up to 10, or 12. 

That is also why we are clearly trying to sort our shit out and not just 'take the points' as some posters have suggested. 

46 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Chelsea are looking for £35m for him though so I’m not sure it would be such a clever signing.  Think he looks very good but £35m is a bit much and even if a bit lower it’s still a fair whack for a PSR strapped club like us.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Chelsea are looking for £35m for him though so I’m not sure it would be such a clever signing.  Think he looks very good but £35m is a bit much and even if a bit lower it’s still a fair whack for a PSR strapped club like us.

That's likely £7m (+ wages) for the season which isn't "much".

Â