Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, paul514 said:

I put a statistical link up to show he has good stats, which he does. I’ve seen him play probably half a dozen games and he has done pretty well also.

thats very different to, I watched him play a game 

Quite an important game though eh? 😜

17 minutes ago, thabucks said:

That’s why he could be available then and he’s never gunna live up to his inflated price tag which isn’t his fault. Won’t happen but would also be very excited if he did somehow sign 

spacer.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I put a statistical link up to show he has good stats, which he does. I’ve seen him play probably half a dozen games and he has done pretty well also.

thats very different to, I watched him play a game 

He was poor in the minutes he played for Chelsea as well and Chelsea fans preferred Cucurella to him. He is good technically but weak defensively

Hope Barca swoop in for Dougie as it feels more palatable selling him to Barca for some reason over Juve … a deal with Balde & an other player in exchange like Araujo/Kounde etc maybe even Vitor Roque 

just feels underwhelming selling him to Juve for Iling jnr & McKennie … when we should be getting Soule /  Yilmaz or chiesa  

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Chelsea were much better without Enzo towards the end of the season.

the midfield of ceicedo/gallagher looked much better without enzo in ther tbh.

You know who Villa were better without forwards the end of the season? 👀

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Hope Barca swoop in for Dougie as it feels more palatable selling him to Barca for some reason over Juve … a deal with Balde & an other player in exchange like Araujo/Kounde etc maybe even Vitor Roque 

just feels underwhelming selling him to Juve for Iling jnr & McKennie … when we should be getting Soule /  Yilmaz or chiesa  

Too late for that…

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Too late for that…

Not until the ink is dry and I’m sure if there is a chance he can get a move to Barca he’ll stall … 

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

In fairness in was sort of a double entendre 😂.

Partially meaning, you.really can't just judge the quality of a player based on selected sample sizes and circumstances.

4 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Buendia has played as a left winger for us. He links up quite well and can hurt teams when they stand off him, but the reality is he can't get into the spaces because he lacks the pace, trickery and dribbling to exploit those spaces.

Bruno is way quicker, stronger, bigger, better passer, better decision making. Basically better in everyway.  Odegaard is 5'10, and both quicker and strong than buendia. No way can Buendia play in central midfield. He can play as a wide midfielder, or behind the striker, He's been better for us off the left or behind Ollie. 

We were flying, so that implies we still got the results without him.

Like I said he can be useful, he is a decent player, but he isn't that good to be a regular for this Villa team.

Would anyone pick him ahead of Mcginn, Tielemens, Ramsey, Bailey, Diaby or Rogers? 

NO!

Why? Because he isn't good enough! He can play a role off the bench when we need a goal and are struggling to break teams down, but that is it. 

Buendia gets in our starting 11. He's gonna **** tear it up next season,.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness in was sort of a double entendre 😂.

Partially meaning, you.really can't just judge the quality of a player based on selected sample sizes and circumstances.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Tbf I wish I'd held onto the ones I brought back, cos it's been flipping freezing here for June. Maybe not far off where you are in winter. What part of NZ do you live in? 

Auckland

18 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Buendia gets in our starting 11. He's gonna **** tear it up next season,.

My man! Refreshing to see a post that actually isn’t shitting on our players - which seems to be the current trend.

Can’t wait to have Emi back!

• Like 4

Â