Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

I really don’t want to lose Dougie, but it looks like he’s going anyway (bit rude of the club not to ask my opinion tbh, but there we go).

I’m not hugely excited by the way the transfer window appears to be starting out, so I’m going to view it from a distance and just wait to see where we’re at when all business is done. I back Emery and Monchi to keep improving us, and I’m not going to stress myself out imagining the worst. There’s plenty of time and clubs never sign players in order of importance, it just doesn’t work like that. 

I am going to view it from close by and stress myself out

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Isn’t Tomori very similar to Konsa? We are after a bruiser centre half. I can’t see that one happening at all.

Are we though? As fans we probably want that as we concede at set plays, but I’m not convinced Unai is that bothered about it. I think he focuses on what a cb can bring to our patterns of play attacking wise more. Tomori is similar to Konsa, comfortable enough on the ball and quick. We could play him at cb/rb similar to how we use Konsa, could also play both. 

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

some people think things should be done in order of priority for some reason

Imagine doing the supermarket shop like that. You be all over the place, like some crazed John Mcginn. I’d rather do the casual zigzag ticking off the shopping list as I come by them 

If it’s not Gallagher then my money would be on Chalobah and/or Maatsen. Chelsea aren’t out of the woods on PSR and their most saleable assets are the ones that have come through their academy. I genuinely have no idea how good Chalobah is but Maatsen would be a fantastic pick up and would start for us at left back I feel.

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If it’s not Gallagher then my money would be on Chalobah and/or Maatsen. Chelsea aren’t out of the woods on PSR and their most saleable assets are the ones that have come through their academy. I genuinely have no idea how good Chalobah is but Maatsen would be a fantastic pick up and would start for us at left back I feel.

Chalobah is a good passing centre back, not magnificent but top half quality

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Isn't Iling the replacement?

He’s more of a winger/wing back hybrid so he could easily play in front of Digne or in a 5 man defence depending on the game 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s more of a winger/wing back hybrid so he could easily play in front of Digne or in a 5 man defence depending on the game 

Even Tanswell said today on the 1874 podcast Iling-Jr is being brought in for the left winger role as a squad player.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this Chelsea player involved in the Duran deal is Reece James, especially if the Cash to Milan deal is true. Makes sense and he’s a very talented defender but his injury record is concerning. Otherwise, can only think of Chalobah or Jackson possibly?

I would have liked Gallagher but it’s looking more and more unlikely. 

6 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if this Chelsea player involved in the Duran deal is Reece James, especially if the Cash to Milan deal is true. Makes sense and he’s a very talented defender but his injury record is concerning. Otherwise, can only think of Chalobah or Jackson possibly?

I would have liked Gallagher but it’s looking more and more unlikely. 

Reece James would be a crazy move. He’s the most injury prone player I can remember in recent times. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, paul514 said:

some people think things should be done in order of priority for some reason

If buying players was as simple as buying a Mars bar, not hugely complex transactions contingent on a whole host of factors then sure, we could just do things in some arbitrary order. 

Given we’ve already got Ramsey, Buendia and Roger’s I can’t see Illing Jr on the wing.
Wingback sure, as part of a back five. Makes more sense to me to utilise him left back especially if Moreno and/or Digne leave. 

• Like 2

Â