Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I still think Amadou Onana would be a good signing.  Even if we sign McKenna and Barkley, we are still short on proper defensive midfielders, adding Gallagher on top would be overkill imo, we could get Onana maybe for £5m-£10m less if we take advantage of Everton's situation.  He's only 22 and an absolute unit.

Agree if we could get him cheap. Wouldn't pay much as he'd be backup when Kamara's back and there are doubts about his level in the last season or two. But depending on the fee could be an astute signing

12 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I still think Amadou Onana would be a good signing.  Even if we sign McKenna and Barkley, we are still short on proper defensive midfielders, adding Gallagher on top would be overkill imo, we could get Onana maybe for £5m-£10m less if we take advantage of Everton's situation.  He's only 22 and an absolute unit.

Only if they take Dendoncker… Chambers is also available.

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We'll even throw in a free house. Sorry i mean a free Hause.

29 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Still really like the idea of Youssouf Fofana were it possible to make happen, there's just a lot of upside to him. Only 25, French international with a contract that is going to expire next year so is by all accounts available this summer, and given his style of play and athletic profile is both suited to the Premier League and would add something Villa generally lack in that area of the pitch. I think he works well as that hypothetical player that can be a combination of replacing Luiz, cover for Kamara but also play alongside him when he returns. He's probably at his best when being the more box-to-box of a midfield pair, but he's also played a decent number of games in his career thus far as a DM so it wouldn't be alien to him to play that role next to a Barkley, Tielemans etc.

His stats suggest he is a really good all rounder, decent defensively, can carry the ball and is a good forward passer. He is linked with all the tops clubs for £20-30m so would be difficult but not impossible if we made him our number 1 priority after selling Luiz. 

We were previously linked with Carlos Soler who looks to be as good or better in possession as Luiz, but offers nothing defensively 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

would be a good signing for us tbh, considering the panic/stress on here recently.

image.png.b0bf11d6cdee06be3076f58e18d1edef.png

Let's hope my autocorrect learns the McKennie/McKenna distinction pdq

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

His stats suggest he is a really good all rounder, decent defensively, can carry the ball and is a good forward passer. He is linked with all the tops clubs for £20-30m so would be difficult but not impossible if we made him our number 1 priority after selling Luiz. 

We were previously linked with Carlos Soler who looks to be as good or better in possession as Luiz, but offers nothing defensively 

His progressive carry distance is impressive (4247) compared to Wieffer (2447), Joao Neves (3388), Zubimendi (2671) and our very own Kamara (1663 - over 20 not 30 games though)

27 minutes ago, bobzy said:

PSR issues began with Keinan Davis?!

Why, that son of a…

Keinan Davis and PSR? Who is Jacob Tanswell - joker or what?

1 hour ago, david-avfc said:

Would certainly be difficult as you'd think there'll be others interested, though apparently PSG aren't in the running which is a big boost to anyone's hopes of getting a French player in (or in Villa's case if last summer is anything to go by - players generally). Being a Premier League team in the Champions League definitely moves us into a different bracket as well, as we're suddenly now the kind of club that would be seen as a logical next step for a player of Fofana's profile. If not him then I think a player of his kind would be ideal anyway, there's just a lot about him specifically that I think makes him look a perfect signing.

Soler is a good player but I wonder if he was a potential target alongside Barkley because it's a link that's gone quiet since, and at this point I don't think he's the kind of player that's needed or would add anything missing from the squad.

57 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Cool, hopefully we can sign Youssaf Fofana from Monaco for just over half CG’s reported price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Everton and Dyce aren't that stupid.

Â