Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

20 minutes ago, useless said:

I think Luiz replacement will be someone who can also cover for Kamara in the a more defensive role when needed, which is exactly what Luiz was/is when you think about it.

Zubimendi would be ideal 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Don't see Gallagher being signed to play the same role as Kamara tbh. 

Gallagher has a great engine and seems to like to run around being everywhere on the pitch. Kamara has good positioning, reads the game and is great at keeping calm and recycling the ball in build up. Feels like very different skill sets to me.

Also don't think Gallagher will leave Chelsea for us.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

He isn't. Lightweight, slow, not a dribbler, gives the ball away all the time. But sometimes plays a beautiful assist pass, or scores the occasional goal. For what he does well, he does at least as much poorly.

Are you @Delphinho123 in disguise?

As for Buendia, I can't wait for him to be back. He's going to be like a new signing once fully match fit again. 

Anyone who watched a lot of the games we played, where teams were only interested in frustrating us, would have seen how much we missed him. 

He brings tenacity, craft, assists, goals and is our best passer of the ball. 

Easily my fave Villa player, I'd watch him all day long. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Gallagher has a great engine and seems to like to run around being everywhere on the pitch. Kamara has good positioning, reads the game and is great at keeping calm and recycling the ball in build up. Feels like very different skill sets to me.

Yep, totally different types of players, Gallagher is similar to McGinn.

• Like 2

Just now, The_Steve said:

McGinn needs competition too. 

Agreed, but can't see us signing both McKennie and Gallagher. And Gallagher I doubt want's to come here anyway.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

He's competitive, tough, good in the air for his size, great around the box, beautiful through balls and vision, goals and assists, makes mistakes and is hard on himself when he does, great attitude, big heart, still young.
He was our best player in preseason last year and was heading for a top season in my opinion.

Good? He's a lot better than that.

Tough! Really? He is weak as shit! He literally gets batted away like a fly. His size is tiny so what if he can head the ball, even jumping he doesn't get above 5'10! Did I mention he is slow as molasses, and we need more strength and speed in midfield?!

His beautiful throughballs are 1 in 10 but almost every pass attempt is a throughball. The other 9 go straight to the opposition. Best player in preseason, so what! It's not competitive football. He is 26 and in his prime, but not at champions league level.

Heading for a top season means nothing, he didn’t have one, he was unfortunately injured, and this season he will be pants, as he is coming off a serious injury and needs time to get his fitness and touch back.

27 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Are you @Delphinho123 in disguise?

As for Buendia, I can't wait for him to be back. He's going to be like a new signing once fully match fit again. 

Anyone who watched a lot of the games we played, where teams were only interested in frustrating us, would have seen how much we missed him. 

He brings tenacity, craft, assists, goals and is our best passer of the ball. 

Easily my fave Villa player, I'd watch him all day long. 

Tielemens and Luiz are better passers. We did well against low blocks last season. Only the Sheffield Utd draw,  and wolves draw can think of where didn't win. Low blocks are hard to break down, that's the point of a low block. 

Tenacity without physicality means very little. 

I do agree he can be useful against a low block, but also high lines (so long as he can find space and not get bullied off the ball). But he is a limited player. We need complete players.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, sne said:

That's what you need in a team.......too many with the same skill set, leaves THE TEAM short.

A wide spectrum of attributes is what a balanced team, looks like.

but I think Gallagher links is a dead duck.....but I would applaud a player with his industry.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

That's what you need in a team.......too many with the same skill set, leaves THE TEAM short.

but I think Gallagher links is a dead duck.....but I would applaud a player with his industry.

True, but the team doesn't have anyone with the skill set Kamara has. With Gallagher, McKennie & McGinn we'll have 3 players in that similar-ish mold. So the balance would be terrible.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Still, if we're looking at having 2 CDMs, I wouldn't sign Gallagher for that role - he'd play in the Luiz/Tielemans position instead, surely?

• Like 2

So, if we assume Luiz is gone and Barkley and McKennie are in.  Next season midfield looks like:

LM - Buendia/Ramsey
CM - Tielemans/Barkley
DM - Kamara/????????
RM - McGinn/McKennie

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Tielemens and Luiz are better passers. We did well against low blocks last season. Only the Sheffield Utd draw,  and wolves draw can think of where didn't win. Low blocks are hard to break down, that's the point of a low block. 

I do agree he can be useful against a low block, but also high lines (so long as he can find space and not get bullied off the ball). But he is a limited player. We need complete players.

next phase of our development.....even if we can't afford, complete players, ones with more attributes, would be welcome in the development.

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Still, if we're looking at having 2 CDMs, I wouldn't sign Gallagher for that role - he'd play in the Luiz/Tielemans position instead, surely?

I'm not suggesting Gallagher is a CDM.

I would see him complimenting a Tielemans or Luiz, not playing their role.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I'm not suggesting Gallagher is a CDM.

I would see him complimenting a Tielemans or Luiz, not playing their role.

Well we'd still be lacking a CDM in that case - because the double pivot we have consists of a more defensive-minded player (Kamara) with more of a box-to-box 'glue' man who links it all together. For me, Gallagher would fall into the latter category and can see the logic of him replacing Luiz. 

5 minutes ago, sne said:

True, but the team doesn't have anyone with the skill set Kamara has. With Gallagher, McKennie & McGinn we'll have 3 players in that similar-ish mold. So the balance would be terrible.

I agree, and IMV that needs to be addressed.

on you second point, they all have industry, but as far as I know....McKennie is more defensive, that the other 2.

Edited by TRO

9 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Limited player 😅 you have shown your limited knowledge of the game itself... You can't sign 25 complete players, even city only have a few at best....

I can't wait for Buendia to serve up humble pie to a lot doubters.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â