Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Merino? Someone is pulling the wool over your eyes

You can tell you are a Kiwi, you guys love Merino. It's freaking everywhere. I must have come back from NZ with my weight in socks and stuff. 

6 minutes ago, jigen said:

Hi. I am Italian and I know well the Serie A. Sorry if I am a bit hard, but you got robbed by Juventus. McKennie and Iling are two very average players and with only 1 year of contract left. Juve was desperate to sell them but nobody want to buy. You sell one of your your best players after reaching the Champions League: crazy. Terrible work by Monchi (he already works a disaster with Roma).

This is exactly how I feel about the deal but everyone else on here seems so relaxed about it.

Monchi has a lot of work to do now and bring in some actual quality, because if this sort of negotiating continues then he won’t last long here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jigen said:

Hi. I am Italian and I know well the Serie A. Sorry if I am a bit hard, but you got robbed by Juventus. McKennie and Iling are two very average players and with only 1 year of contract left. Juve was desperate to sell them but nobody want to buy. You sell one of your your best players after reaching the Champions League: crazy. Terrible work by Monchi (he already works a disaster with Roma).

In fairness, we were linked to signing Betancur before he went to Spurs and had quite a number of Italian football fans saying exactly the same thing. Turned out he's an excellent player.

You might be right but Juve fans don't have a good track record for being correct about the ability of the players they are selling 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jigen said:

Thanks for the post. I’ve seen contrasting opinions both good and bad about Weston. Illing-Junior looks very promising. Sometimes it’s about building a squad and getting the best out of each part. Unai has pretty much improved every squad player. I’m confident that whatever the outcome they will make it work for us. 

11 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

This is exactly how I feel about the deal but everyone else on here seems so relaxed about it.

Monchi has a lot of work to do now and bring in some actual quality, because if this sort of negotiating continues then he won’t last long here.

There is no point getting over excited about something that you can't affect. We all knew that we would have to balance the books some how and Doug is the sacrificial lamb. Are we happy about the situation? No. Are we going to have a cry on an Internet forum about it? Also no.

25 minutes ago, jigen said:

Really helpful, cheers.

• Haha 3

Unfortunately i bet alot on football and that means watching tonnes of games at weekend, especially the likes of Juve.

Trust me when i say, Iling Junior is nowhere near a starter for us, don’t let English sentiment rule your head.  McKinnie does everything ok but is nowhere near Luiz class.

I reserve judgement to i see the deal, i just don’t understand how we could be so stupid(especially when they have 1 years left).  

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, jigen said:

I guess time will tell and as others have said each to their own opinions. End of the day Serie A isn’t even in the top 3 leagues anymore and it’s hard to judge. Juve themselves have made some shocking decisions as have some of the previous heavyweights of the world from Italy but can’t seem to get it right with a dying league and full of corruption. Sorry if I’m being a bit hard.

Edited by CroVillan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

This, I'd like!

I have no clue he is... But I'm going to pretend to be excited too..

I do expect us to pull a few rabbits out the hat via players we had no clue existed who are pretty good though.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, jigen said:

We need to sell someone before end of June, and Luiz is the player that has been selected, we'd all like to get £70-80m for him but nobody is lining up with bids, The Old Lady are seemingly the only ones interested in doing a deal.

We've been linked with McKennie before, Emery appears to like him, and Iling-Junior looks to have a very high ceiling.  Didn't they both reject contracts from Juve, they must not be that bad if Juve wanted them to stay?  

1 minute ago, CroVillan said:

I guess time will tell and as others have said time will tell. End of the day Serie A isn’t even in the top 3 leagues anymore and it’s hard to judge. Juve themselves have made some shocking decisions as have some of the previous heavyweights of the world from Italy but can’t seem to get it right with a dying league and full of corruption. Sorry if I’m being a bit hard.

Remember when Juve fans convinced some of us on here how " shit " Bentacur was when it looked like.we were trying to sign him? 🤔

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Unfortunately i bet alot on football and that means watching tonnes of games at weekend, especially the likes of Juve.

Trust me when i say, Iling Junior is nowhere near a starter for us, don’t let English sentiment rule your head.  McKinnie does everything ok but is nowhere near Luiz class.

I reserve judgement to i see the deal, i just don’t understand how we could be so stupid(especially when they have 1 years left).  

Iling Junior is signed for his potential and being an understudy at LB/LW. He will improve with coaching here.

McKennie played mostly at RW / RWB last season. This is a completely different role to what Luiz performed for us. One is not a replacement for the other. 

I think Barkley and Gallagher are the players linked for places in one of the two CM spots that Luiz occupied. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Remember when Juve fans convinced some of us on here how " shit " Bentacur was when it looked like.we were trying to sign him? 🤔

And only a couple of days ago it was claimed that Juve fans wanted to keep both McKennie and Illing-Junior. Wonder if those were the same ones or if it's a bit spread out among the 100 million or so fans the club has.

• Like 1

Â