Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, PaulC said:

Unless it's got to be done this month. 

Firstly I don't believe it does, but if that were the case the profit on the book value of Duran would be sufficient.

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Firstly I don't believe it does, but if that were the case the profit on the book value of Duran would be sufficient.

Why don't you believe it?

Also the profit on Duran will not clear the issue if its only 30m up front for a player we just bought for 15m.

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Well we will find out. I'm.sure the club wiuid rather just sell Duran if thst was the case and it could be done quickly enough.

15 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Why don't you believe it?

Also the profit on Duran will not clear the issue if its only 30m up front for a player we just bought for 15m.

Because I don't believe we are over the limit. If we are over the limit it will be very small.

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Well we will find out. I'm.sure the club wiuid rather just sell Duran if thst was the case and it could be done quickly enough.

unless they are wanting to spend quite a bit, remember jack's sale isn't on next years accounts

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Because I don't believe we are over the limit. If we are over the limit it will be very small.

I am asking why you don't believe we are over the limit. It's a very strange position to take when it seems pretty clear that we are. 

What makes you not believe it?

Various sources have said Luiz won’t sign the contract that’s been on the table for months, so from a sale perspective he’s at his max value to us right now. 

Whether Duran is ‘worth’ 30, 40, or 50 million is entirely subjective, his current value is whatever Chelsea agree to pay. Presumably it will be within a few million of what we agree Gallagher is worth to us. Fair exchange, no robbery. **** PSR. 

I’m intrigued by the idea that we may switch to a system with wing backs, SIL on the left, and on the right… Frimpong? Probably see some movement on that front once AC Milan realise they can’t bend us over a barrel on the fee for Cash.  

Hopefully we’ll still get Hermoso on a free, so if we can move Carlos on too then a new RCB I’d also likely on the cards - Tobido rumours would make sense there. 

Duran being off means we also need a second striker (the Sevilla guy?), and I’d be surprised if we don’t move for Baena in July once the PSR strings loosen.

Looking at a rebuild this summer to rival the promotion season. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I am asking why you don't believe we are over the limit. It's a very strange position to take when it seems pretty clear that we are. 

What makes you not believe it?

Ive been through this at length on here, in short I have had my calculator out 😅

12 minutes ago, Awol said:

I’m intrigued by the idea that we may switch to a system with wing backs, SIL on the left, and on the right… Frimpong?

I've read that McKennie played some RWB for Juve and checks out when looked at some line ups he's RW in 352. 

Are people ever going to let it go with Frimpong? It's never happening

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

So it’s all down to McKennie and Iling Jr both agreeing terms for this to proceed … if the club are happy to progress with it then it must be what we want and in our best interests then happy days - they know more than all of us put together so trust them it will make us stronger. Were getting two players and profit in exchange for one and they obviously feel it’s the best way forwards 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

A good business will always make difficult but effective decisions, when necessary. These rumoured transfers are just that.

No one wants to see the team get weaker, but there is obviously more than one single motivating factor in the Luiz deal. Duran is a talent, but raw. Cash and Moreno were always likely to be available at the right price.

The management team on the football side, have built teams before, successful ones at that. They know what it takes and believe in themselves to be successful. I am in no doubt that the squad will be stronger by end of the window.

Don't give up now. Let the process play out.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I've read that McKennie played some RWB for Juve and checks out when looked at some line ups he's RW in 352. 

Are people ever going to let it go with Frimpong? It's never happening

Don’t see Frimpong as any more unrealistic than Diaby seemed to be - until we signed him. 

20 minutes ago, Awol said:

Don’t see Frimpong as any more unrealistic than Diaby seemed to be - until we signed him. 

He's just won the title with BL. The financials make no sense just looking at Luiz deal. Other PL teams interested could offer higher wages. Post in McKennie thread backs up the RWB idea by heatmap as well as line ups when listed as RM

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/22205-weston-mckennie/?do=findComment&comment=4603919

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's just won the title with BL. The financials make no sense just looking at Luiz deal. Other PL teams interested could offer higher wages. Post in McKennie thread backs up the RWB idea by heatmap as well as line ups when listed as RM

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/22205-weston-mckennie/?do=findComment&comment=4603919

Just won a BL title.. so what? Denzel Dumfries just won a title in Italy and we were linked to him for the same position.

Financials don’t make sense because of Luiz deal? Can you expand on that with some reasoning? F’pong has a release clause of 40M euro, if we can get 25 for Cash it doesn’t seem unreasonable to top it up with 15 and go get him. 

Fullbacks/w’ backs are the two positions that we could most obviously upgrade last season. Weston may be able to ‘do a job’ there but isn’t an obvious upgrade on Cash. 

I’m not saying we are going after Frimpong, but to say it’s never happening without providing any actual reasoning is illogical. 

Overall I'm gutted by the amount of rumoured outgoings. I support Villa and always will, but this current team and squad has a place in my heart for how brilliant the last 12/18 months have been. Breaking it all up now when we're going into a season in the Champions League is gutting. But I'm sure a lot of the core side will end up still being here and I'll get over it quickly once the season is underway. 

Side note, think a few people are falling into the annual trap of assuming that every person strongly linked with signing, has to start and we have to find a way to shoe-horn them into the side no matter how weird the formation or how far removed it will be from our and Emery's established style of play.

We were switching to 3 at the back when Carlos signed, then when Pau signed, now with Hermoso, a youth player and a relegated Leeds flop linked. 

Diaby signed and people were making all sorts of weird asymmetric line ups to get him out on the wing, game one he's up top and scoring. 

Tielemans signed and we're working out whether McGinn can play CAM all season and if that means Ramsey is a winger now. 

Emery has a plan and a place for everyone, but if they're signing they've been identified by him and Monchi as a player that will compliment the team and thrive in our box 442. Or, they're better squad options on less wages than we're wasting on the bench currently.

Iling Jr is probably seen as a future first team player or someone we can flip for profit in a year when Chelsea want him back for £50mil. 

Â