Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

40 minutes ago, thejoker said:

Says we’ve agreed a deal with Chelsea for Duran…..for close to €50m! Monchi is a genius if we can get anywhere near that price. 

I wouldn't expect to sell for anything less. He's too useful.

Obviously he's absolutely mental, but frightening ability.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Maybe not on a financial stance, but if he has made it clear he wants out then he'd probably still be off. This might be where the issue lies

Could be the case but at least we could get proper value for him and not have to accept this weird deal. 

Sounds like it’s pretty much done but maybe Duran can save the day. 

Surely we aren’t 90m euros in the mud. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I wouldn't expect to sell for anything less. He's too useful.

Obviously he's absolutely mental, but frightening ability.

As I keep saying, it will likely be made up of a lot of add ons. Add ons which I doubt we will ever see. .

As long as we get 30m or so in cash then it's a cracking deal.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Surely we can keep Dougie if we get £45m for Duran.

Nope. We have to sell both. Plus, we are not getting £45m for Duran.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Nope. We have to sell both. Plus, we are not getting £45m for Duran.

You do realise this is Chelsea we’re dealing with here?

• Like 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

You do realise this is Chelsea we’re dealing with here?

Ha. That's true. 

However I still think the figure will be closer to £30m plus ad ons.

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Surely we can keep Dougie if we get £45m for Duran.

I think it would only be about £25m profit on Duran if we get the full amount, I assume that would make it quite tight and not leave much room for new signings.  If they both go we have about £67m profit plus two new squad players (one of whom, Iling Junior, looks to me like he could be a top player in the near future).  We could comfortably afford a Gallagher or other top midfielder and one or two others in other positions.  Maybe a loan for Jack!

Maybe not the players I expected , but definitely the ins and outs being far more than maybe many of us thought. 

Monchi is here to wheel and deal. Work with Unai to improve the squad as a whole. He has never been a 2 or 3 signings type of guy.

Unai is used to a high turnover of players as well so it won't be something that is alien to him.

Shame about Duran but he has been obviously desperate to go for a couple of months now. And if we get 50 mill euros for a player that can be amazing one week, and terrible the next then fair play to us.  He could be world class though and I will be even more sad if he hits a thunderbstard against us.

Monchi at Sevilla was like a rubiks cube. 10 Moves to get eveeything to fall into place.

Will they turn Iling into a striker. Or will we play a different system next season? 

I am calm about it . The board and management are aligned totally so every decision will have been agreed by Unai . He knows what he is doing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

The Jan business would’ve been around max £4m for this years’ accounts - still a figure, but fairly irrelevant in the grand scheme. 

Is the correct answer. Without that, we'd still needed to have made a big sale to make any material signings this summer. Its possible if we do need £20m+ to meet FFP, then we'd have still had to make the same sale before the end of June regardless of signing those players.

And with Ned likely to have played in the Euros at the time, and Rogers having developed through the stratosphere, we definitely expected to make immediate large profits on them.

3 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I genuinely don’t understand the finances. How much do we need to make? I’m out of the loop but I find this stuff staggeringly confusing. I don’t think I’m alone 

We don’t know what we need to make to be compliant, I did see rumours of £60m.  

Regarding Duran I make it roughly anything over £9-£10m will be booked as profit.  Bought him for £15m and he’s had a year and a half of amortisation.

On 29/04/2024 at 15:52, GlobalVillan said:

Tim needs to he sold not loaned. Ramsey I think may go as Rogers has come in and taken his place, plus we have Buendia coming back.

Luiz may go too and I would accept offers for Duran.

So we would need to replace Dougie and find a good 2nd striker, but would have 100 mil in sales from those few players alone. Plus the sales you mentioned.

Thats without spending our own cash which will be boosted by CL money. 

Should be a good summer. 

7 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I love the way you think you know I have no clue.

Yeah except you're saying you've been saying it since April, but this is what you said in reply to a random hypothetical transfer list.  

You've not been calling them both being sold at all. Just your own hypothetical 🤣 you do have no clue.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yeah except you're saying you've been saying it since April, but this is what you said in reply to a random hypothetical, you've not been saying we will, just a hypothetical too 🤣 you do have no clue.

Your quote proves exactly what I have been saying! 

You can tell me I have no clue as much as you want but you are wrong, given what I do for a living. 

And to quote a post of mine from April that exactly supports that I said this was likely to happen way back then, does not do you any favours.

Edited by GlobalVillan

Not a chance I am seeking Luiz for FFP reasons if Duran is going for 40m

maybe Luiz won’t sign a new contract? Alright fair enough you can still hold out for more money from a different buyer

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Not a chance I am seeking Luiz for FFP reasons if Duran is going for 40m

maybe Luiz won’t sign a new contract? Alright fair enough you can still hold out for more money from a different buyer

Unless it's got to be done this month. 

Â