Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Why would Gallagher be concerned over being part of a swap deal? The fact that another player moves in the opposite direction is no reflection on him …… IMO.

just another reason, not to come.

I like Gallaghers style of football.....just not sure, he's likely to buy in to us, and what we are doing.

I am always dubious of players, who are not that interested in coming.....that's my take on it, of course.....not ITK.

Duran will be worth more than £40m in 2 years time, and who will be Watkins stand in?

Barkley/Tielemmans

Kamara/McKennie

Ramsey/Rogers

McGinn/new signing

I think that is a better midfield

Plus you are buying the potential of Iling

We paid £15m for luiz

I thought we had a great summer window last season. Tielemans, Torres and Diaby are signings I’d expect Champions League teams to make not teams in the Conference. Even when we were finishing bottom half of the league and didn’t have a top manager we signed Kamara, Bailey, Buendia. 

Which is probably why I’m both disappointed and baffled by our business so far. Barkley, Iling Jr and McKennie I would have expected us to sign three years ago, not after finishing 4th. It’s like our signings have regressed despite great leaps forward in the league. And that also doesn’t take into account that we are losing a key player who has been absolutely vital to our progress over the last 2 seasons.

Obviously I know of the financial elements and that there are still a couple of months left to sign players, but so far it’s been a hugely underwhelming window.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

just another reason, not to come.

I like Gallaghers style of football.....just not sure, he's likely to buy in to us, and what we are doing.

I am always dubious of players, who are not that interested in coming.....that's my take on it, of course.....not ITK.

Of course he may not want to come but he will have his own serious reasons and not feel piqued by being part of an exchange.

38 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

How I see it working is:

Barkley will replace Luiz along with Tielemens. Mckennie will be a utility player. Can play CM, DM, RM and RWB, and apparently even slot in at centre back. However the quality, professionalism, and robustness is a concern.

Still need a Centre Back and a DM for the squad to be sufficient. Players like Cash, Moreno, Digne need to be replaced like for like if sold. Iling-Jr is a left winger and has the qualities we need there. Hopefully he is able to make a contribution next season.

It all depends on how we all see it in the first place......I don't see Dougie as a quintessential No 6.....I know we play him there, but I don't see his true quality, there. I see him as a No 8......Now I know, a lot of folk will disagree, with that.

It's one reason why, I think Unai, will reshape the midfield, that's if Dougie goes of course.

My point is, if we was just deploying him in the 6 role, because we had no one else.....it's likely the reshaping, might confuse us.

If Dougie does go, I think the form of Tielemans, might have influenced it or had a bearing on it.....He may have been brought in as cover, but has played his way in to the first team thinking.

Tielemans dominated that England game recently, so these kind of things might, give Unai, something to think about.

We have conceded too many goals last season, and the midfield is bound to be tightened up, and become more robust and Combative....I think, that may be in the thinking.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah last thing we need is an unhappy/reluctant Chelsea fan joining

I like Gallagher alot but don't want to " force " anyone to be here, it doesn't usually work out.

What are the odds that this is all just typical "Sky 6" media nonsense and he might actually be sick of the ownership circus/revolving door of managers over there?  Also how quickly did Grealish fook off to Man City for all his "I'm Aston Villa through and through" nonsense?  If he comes to the Villa I'll be over the moon because he's a quality footballer.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Leeroy said:

I thought we had a great summer window last season. Tielemans, Torres and Diaby are signings I’d expect Champions League teams to make not teams in the Conference. Even when we were finishing bottom half of the league and didn’t have a top manager we signed Kamara, Bailey, Buendia. 

Which is probably why I’m both disappointed and baffled by our business so far. Barkley, Iling Jr and McKennie I would have expected us to sign three years ago, not after finishing 4th. It’s like our signings have regressed despite great leaps forward in the league. And that also doesn’t take into account that we are losing a key player who has been absolutely vital to our progress over the last 2 seasons.

Obviously I know of the financial elements and that there are still a couple of months left to sign players, but so far it’s been a hugely underwhelming window.

It's exceedingly difficult  to make measured points when, we had a 4th placed finish and a noble European campaign.....but there were some tell tale signs too, in certain games,  where our midfield was overrun, too easily.

with the arduous season, and the unfair, injury list.....it can easily be forgotten, how difficult that final run in was....but we was a shadow, of our earlier season form.

For well documented reasons, big money outlays, look unlikely....and I suspect, prudency, will be employed, behind gritted teeth.

I don't know, the form of some of these, prospective links, but McKennie was not playing for some mugs, they finished 3rd in a tough league and he played 34 games in central midfield, in Serie A...no mean feat, conceding 31 league goals.

My stance is....If the Dynamic duo of Monchi and Unai, think it's right, who am I to argue......I know we can't say they are infallible, there is always risk, but Dougie ( bless him) dropped off, for a few too many games too, if we are being honest with ourselves.

I find it really hard, to say, I saw weaknesses in our team, last season, because the league finish, would defy that.....but I did......and it was more prominent in some games, more that others.....I am not going to list them, but we all know.

I think Unai will strengthen, but I am not sure initially, it will please everyone......but I do believe, overall, he knows what he is doing.

If there is one thing, that gives me confidence....it's the Gaffa.....He knows what a balanced team looks like.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I like Gallagher alot but don't want to " force " anyone to be here, it doesn't usually work out.

just my feeling....but I could easily, be wrong.

27 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Window hasn’t even opened brother 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Window hasn’t even opened brother 

just speculating, 'cause the weather is dogs breath.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Gallagher doesn’t seem the type to sit and sulk, I’m sure if he came he’d do everything he could to prove doubters wrong 

• Like 2

I’ll judge the window at the end, and even that means nothing until we see how Unai will have us playing next season. 

We need a deeper, better quality squad, we can’t fill every squad position with the finished article, difficult decision need to be made and I trust the management to make the right decisions for the club.

One thought, the numbers for the Luiz deal may mean  we could make a bid for Gallagher before the end of the month exploiting their position as we would have a lower fee and an amortised purchase. Who knows.

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

One thought, the numbers for the Luiz deal may mean  we could make a bid for Gallagher before the end of the month exploiting their position as we would have a lower fee and an amortised purchase. Who knows.

Surely not…..we only here to have our pants pulled down on each transfer deal we make!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Maybe Gallagher doesn't want to leave London. Who knows.  

Perhaps his grandad is a clue

pearly kings.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

It's exceedingly difficult  to make measured points when, we had a 4th placed finish and a noble European campaign.....but there were some tell tale signs too, in certain games,  where our midfield was overrun, too easily.

with the arduous season, and the unfair, injury list.....it can easily be forgotten, how difficult that final run in was....but we was a shadow, of our earlier season form.

For well documented reasons, big money outlays, looked unlikely....and I suspect, prudency, will be employed, behind gritted teeth.

I don't know, the form of some of these, prospective links, but McKennie was not playing for some mugs, they finished 3rd in a tough league and he played 34 games in central midfield, in Serie A...no mean feat, conceding 31 league goals.

My stance is....If the Dynamic duo of Monchi and Unai, think it's right, who am I to argue......I know we can't say they are infallible, there is always risk, but Dougie ( bless him) dropped off, for a few too many games too, if we are being honest with ourselves.

I find it really hard, to say, I saw weaknesses in our team, last season, because the league finish, would defy that.....but I did......and it was more prominent in some games, more that others.....I am not going to list them, but we all know.

I think Unai will strengthen, but I am not sure initially, it will please everyone......but I do believe, overall, he knows what he is doing.

If there is one thing, that gives me confidence....it's the Gaffa.....He knows what a balanced team looks like.

I think Unai will make the very best of it but I worry the Luiz sale has been forced upon him due to the PSR situation. No way he’d willingly sell him if he had a choice, no way. 

And I’m not convinced he necessarily chose the players coming in either, I think that was Monchi and Juve not willing to offer anyone else, but I’m speculating. I just feel we’ve been done by a so called ‘bigger’ club here and I thought Monchi was the sort of person to put his foot down when it came to negotiations. 

Doug did drop off when Kamara got injured but he has been one of our most consistent players under Emery. A big loss to us and I don’t think people will appreciate this until next season when he isn’t here. We shall see. 

Maybe McKennie has improved and I’m judging him too harshly on his Leeds stint but again we shall see. He surprisingly started a lot of games for Juventus last season but he was stinking the place out not so long ago and I worry he has attitude and fitness issues. He also isn’t anywhere near as good on the ball as Luiz so while he might bring more energy and aggression we will lose something else.

As it stands I think we are worse than we are compared to last season so I’m really hoping and praying we do some decent business soon to give me some hope. I think we’ll definitely drop a few places as it stands, regardless of what Emery is capable of.

Says we’ve agreed a deal with Chelsea for Duran…..for close to €50m! Monchi is a genius if we can get anywhere near that price. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Duran will be worth more than £40m in 2 years time, and who will be Watkins stand in?

Barkley/Tielemmans

Kamara/McKennie

Ramsey/Rogers

McGinn/new signing

I think that is a better midfield

Plus you are buying the potential of Iling

We paid £15m for luiz

That’s how I see the midfield except I see McKennie rotating with McGinn allowing space for one more CM/DM. 

That would be ideal for Gallagher.

McGinn Gallagher Kamara Ramsey 

McKennie 

Tielamans

Barkley

Rogers 

Â