Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Yeah absolutely spot on, think the frustration stemmed from being attacked in a response post but im humble enough to know I shouldn’t react to everything… that is surprising you are fighting over the same team lol 😂 

Couldn’t get enough of it yesterday arvo bro so thought I’d jump onto VT 🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Doug is valued at 70. 2 years on his contract but going for 20 and 2 cast offs. 

Also I said Gallagher is worth 50m, but given their only a year on his contract, his reluctance to leave, and Chelsea's PSR situation being the same as ours. Low ball them with 25m or go elsewhere. How wouldn't improve our first team anyway.

They won’t be lowballed on Gallagher, they got £60m for Mount who was in the exact same boat as Gallagher.

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still don’t think we had to sell him though. Seems to me he wants to move. Juve are a giant of a club to be fair.

We wouldn't be selling him for that amount if we didn't have to. 

12 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

We are already spending 90% of our income on wages. This has to be 85% or less come 25/26.  240 over 5 years is 50m per year. 

The deal is worth 50m after amortisation. Plus another 100k on an already high wage bill.

Then what about the other windows for the next 5 seasons? 

We can't bank on champions league for 50 seasons in a row. Especially if we no longer have a player of Luiz's quality.

We spend 100m max, until we sell more players. In fact we have to sell to buy, simply based on wages.

We have to sell players every season - absolutely. What you hope is that they get good enough to command a decent amount of money, and then we shift them on and replace them. Rinse and repeat. 

If we bring in those two Juve lads, who are going to be squad players, I don’t see how we are going to be any better off when we are swapping them for one our our starting 11? Surely we should be strengthening, especially with Champs league? I don’t see any scenario where selling/trading Dougie is of any benefit to us. 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

If we bring in those two Juve lads, who are going to be squad players, I don’t see how we are going to be any better off when we are swapping them for one our our starting 11? Surely we should be strengthening, especially with Champs league? I don’t see any scenario where selling/trading Dougie is of any benefit to us. 

Give it until September, things will work out 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

They won’t be lowballed on Gallagher, they got £60m for Mount who was in the exact same boat as Gallagher.

Yeah but Man U wanted him, the perennial over payer. They got him and now look at him. It's never a good idea to sign player forced out for big money.

Mad day surrounding Villa today. I’ve got no work done. Can’t remember a day like it. 

• Dougie
  • McKennie/Iling Junior
  • Duran
  • Gallagher
  • Matty Cash 
  • Alex Moreno
  • oh and Nas sticking his middle thing up to the Premier League!
  • Have I missed anything? 😅

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Looking at this one move in a vacuum, I agree that this doesn't make sense...  But!  If it allows us to pull off several more moves (like Gallagher) and the squad overall comes out stronger, I'm all for it.  Emery deserves our trust.

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We have to sell players every season - absolutely. What you hope is that they get good enough to command a decent amount of money, and then we shift them on and replace them. Rinse and repeat. 

What we need to do is sell the players we no longer want. Which is always a struggle.

Look at Man City and Liverpool. They sell players on the fringes or who have got on the managers bad side

They're almost never forced to sell any player. And when they are forced to sell it isn't because of money, but the player themselves. So they make sure to get a massive fee. That what the top clubs do. 

To regularly sell important players carries huge risk. If they aren't astutely replaced then the team goes backwards. We need to be in the champions league for 5 season before we have anywhere near to top teams financial strength.

With the max wage bill of 85% of club turnover come 2025/26 season it will get harder. We currently spend 90% of turnover on wages. Spending over 100m net on players this window isn't going to happen. In fact, it will probably be more like 80m. 

So potentiality by the end of the week we will have

Recieved £110m for Luiz(£60m), Duran (£40m) and Moreno (£10m)

Spent £85m on Iling Jr (£20m) McKennie (£20m), Gallagher (£40m) and Barkley (£5m)

And still have a fair bit to spend on further 

4 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Spent £85m on Iling Jr (£20m) McKennie (£20m), Gallagher (£40m) and Barkley (£5m)

Thanks for making things better!

I'm off to cry in a bucket!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

23 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If Luiz goes and we get this McKennie, is he a direct replacement for Luiz, or is this going to be a mix of McKennie and Barkley doing that job Luiz carried out?

I don't think so.....I think it's just a reshaping of the midfield, and extra strengthening in terms of squad size, and peripheral quality.

I think Tielemans will be the luiz replacement, and new faces will come in the pivot or central midfield.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Why would Gallagher be concerned over being part of a swap deal? The fact that another player moves in the opposite direction is no reflection on him …… IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

A Chelsea shortlist is about 231 players

And the PL will let them buy all of them.

After selling sponsorship to individual blades of grass.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't think so.....I think it's just a reshaping of the midfield, and extra strengthening in terms of squad size, and peripheral quality.

I think Tielemans will be the luiz replacement, and new faces will come in the pivot or central midfield.

How I see it working is:

Barkley will replace Luiz along with Tielemens. Mckennie will be a utility player. Can play CM, DM, RM and RWB, and apparently even slot in at centre back. However the quality, professionalism, and robustness is a concern.

Still need a Centre Back and a DM for the squad to be sufficient. Players like Cash, Moreno, Digne need to be replaced like for like if sold. Iling-Jr is a left winger and has the qualities we need there. Hopefully he is able to make a contribution next season.

Â