Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

20 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

eh, doesnt wash with me tbh, a team like man city or arsenal, if they dont get luiz will just go out and buy another top player.

i wouldnt cut our nose off to spite our face, i would just try and get the best deal possible, ala Grealish.

Plus we can't realistically compete with them right now anyway. The only reason the fee is low is because we are apparently desperate. This is a debacle.

9 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Thats true failures run deep at Villa as they always seem to. Still struggling to understand the Jan business though if it led to this. That bit is certainly on them and tbh Unai at least has been here for half of the 3 year period. 

just suppose we didn't sign Rogers in the Jan window  .. Then with our injuries and the goals and the impact he made   , do you think we would have still finished 4th without him ? 

if we'd spent zero in Jan  , chances are we  would have had to sell Doug anyway and quite possibly we'd have lost Emi and a few others who might have been tempted by CL football 

so on reflection I think it was great business to sign him 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Yes a spectacular mess tbh. 

Huge failure for the club and given all footballing matters are run by Monchi and Unai its on them. 

Nope they are cleaning up the January and Summer 2022 mess left by the cabbages Gerrard and Purslow

They didnt bring in Coutinho and others we cant shift

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Onto other rumours, Duran +£10m for Gallagher would be excellent business. 

No it isn't. The guy has 1 year on his contract and wants to stay. The upturn in their form was down to the improvement of Caicado. Gallagher is Good at best worth 50m when he's got 5 years on his contract.

Chelsea want us to pay 50m for a player that would rather play for them, with a year on his deal, and when we have just sold one of our talismans for less than what he is worth, when they're in the same boot as us.

Also I rate Duran higher than Gallagher. If we sign Gallagher if we spend more than 25m I'll be unhappy. Also if we sell Duran for a penny less than 40m cash upfront then whoever buys him is getting a great deal. They lad is going to be a top striker, and soon at that.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

You don’t have to convince anyone Ric. Everyone has a different opinion and take on things. Just because some people don’t see eye to eye on one matter doesn’t mean they loathe or won’t see eye to eye on another. 
we’re here to debate and discuss all issues, state your point and who gives a fark if some don’t agree or give you stick, it’s not pissing contest as I’ve stated on here before.

I personally like Dougie but also think that we can improve on him be it after the the 1st of July or next. Do I like this deal? No it’s not ideal but if it allows us to stabilise this PSR mess and then attack a DL replacement new financial year (couple of weeks) then I’m down as I think Dougie is overrated to some extent by our fans but that’s my view and personally couldn’t two flying shits if some don’t agree with it and they’re entitled to their opinion. Don’t take it to heart brother x

Much Appreciate this and well said 👏🏽 @CroVillan Sorry if i have acted out of character and that’s probably down to huge frustration due to the ongoing speculation. Apologies again 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Duran talk heating up now as well.

Seeing that we are apparently demanding 40 mill in Value for him.

if we can get £40m , it would be amazing work by the club 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

No it isn't. The guy has 1 year on his contract and wants to stay. The upturn in their form was down to the improvement of Caicado. Gallagher is Good at best worth 50m when he's got 5 years on his contract.

Chelsea want us to pay 50m for a player that would rather play for them, with a year on his deal, and when we have just sold one of our talismans for less than what he is worth, when they're in the same boot as us.

Also I rate Duran higher than Gallagher. If we sign Gallagher if we spend more than 25m I'll be unhappy. Also if we sell Duran for a penny less than 40m cash upfront then whoever buys him is getting a great deal. They lad is going to be a top striker, and soon at that.

Well, according to “transfermarkt “ Gallagher is valued at 50m. So not sure where you’re getting 25m from?

38 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

So after insulting fellow Villa fans it turns out you may be, in fact, totally wrong.

Who'd have thought?

I still don’t think we had to sell him though. Seems to me he wants to move. Juve are a giant of a club to be fair.

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I reckon we’ll get 30m with shit loads of addons that will probably never get triggered. Still a great deal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

If we sell Luiz for £60m, and we assume no wage implication, base PSR reached etc - you’re looking at freeing up a hypothetical £240-300m to spend on players.

It’s a big deal. 

We are already spending 90% of our income on wages. This has to be 85% or less come 25/26.  240 over 5 years is 50m per year. 

The deal is worth 50m after amortisation. Plus another 100k on an already high wage bill.

Then what about the other windows for the next 5 seasons? 

We can't bank on champions league for 50 seasons in a row. Especially if we no longer have a player of Luiz's quality.

We spend 100m max, until we sell more players. In fact we have to sell to buy, simply based on wages.

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I like Duran, but that’s a decent wedge. 

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Have a feeling this will just be " value " in a swap deal though.

Our guys more versed on Finances would probs know how the breakdown is overall.

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Much Appreciate this and well said 👏🏽 @CroVillan Sorry if i have acted out of character and that’s probably down to huge frustration due to the ongoing speculation. Apologies again 

Pfffttttt no need to apologise brother. It’s a forum. Fark my best mate and I wanted strangle each other on Monday arvo during the Rugby League match between Dogs and Eels. Almost came to fisty cuffs but hugging each other and tequila shots straight after the final siren. 

Don’t ever be sorry for having your own opinion we’re not bloody robots and all have a different view. I might not agree with you but I don’t think you’re a tard, more than likely agree with you on another issue. Keep speaking your mind and don’t get offended if you can’t get your point across to some people.

btw- my mate and I support the same bloody team. 🤪 go figure hahahaha 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Well, according to “transfermarkt “ Gallagher is valued at 50m. So not sure where you’re getting 25m from?

Doug is valued at 70. 2 years on his contract but going for 20 and 2 cast offs. 

Also I said Gallagher is worth 50m, but given their only a year on his contract, his reluctance to leave, and Chelsea's PSR situation being the same as ours. Low ball them with 25m or go elsewhere. How wouldn't improve our first team anyway.

2 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Pfffttttt no need to apologise brother. It’s a forum. Fark my best mate and I wanted strangle each other on Monday arvo during the Rugby League match between Dogs and Eels. Almost came to fisty cuffs but hugging each other and tequila shots straight after the final siren. 

Don’t ever be sorry for having your own opinion we’re not bloody robots and all have a different view. I might not agree with you but I don’t think you’re a tard, more than likely agree with you on another issue. Keep speaking your mind and don’t get offended if you can’t get your point across to some people.

btw- my mate and I support the same bloody team. 🤪 go figure hahahaha 

Yeah absolutely spot on, think the frustration stemmed from being attacked in a response post but im humble enough to know I shouldn’t react to everything… that is surprising you are fighting over the same team lol 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â