Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

10 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

McKenzie was considered one of their best players last season, and most improved. Doesn’t sound like dead wood. Iling Jr is a promising young wingback. Not the worst deal depending on how you frame it.

If he (McKennie) was so good for them, why are they so desperately trying to get rid?

I’ve seen loads of McKennie and he isn’t suited for the Prem, he’ll spend half the time on the treatment table. He’s literally the “warm” body type originally being from Dallas Texas, he can’t play in the cold climates literally. Why he’s done alright in Italy, but he even was bang average with his time at Schalke. His international performances for the USMNT aren’t really setting the world alight. So we’re going to give up a potential world class player and a full time Brazilian international for him?! It’s crazy to me. 

If Juve also threw in closer to 40m on top of the players, then I’d be more inclined, but McKennie is disgraceful in comparison to Luiz. 

Edited by trillvillan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

If we sign Mckennie and Iling Jnr then only one month of amortisation would hit the 23/24 accounts rather than a full year right?  So it nearly would all be pure Dougie profit.

Sorry what does that mean exactly?

Also, yes please to Iling-Junior he’s very highly rated from what I have heard, apparently promising young English player could have a very high ceiling

6 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

If he (McKennie) was so good for them, why are they so desperately trying to get rid?

I’ve seen loads of McKennie and he isn’t suited for the Prem, he’ll spend half the time on the treatment table. He’s literally the “warm” body type originally being from Dallas Texas, he can’t play in the cold climates literally. Why he’s done alright in Italy, but he even was bang average with his time at Schalke. His international performances for the USMNT aren’t really setting the world alight. So we’re going to give up a potential world class player and a full time Brazilian international for him?! It’s crazy to me. 

If Juve also threw in closer to 40m on top of the players, then I’d be more inclined, but McKennie is disgraceful in comparison to Luiz. 

Turin, isn't Barbados. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

If Juve also threw in closer to 40m on top of the players, then I’d be more included, but McKennie is disgraceful in comparison to Luiz. 

What’s this warm body type stuff!? Somebody tell C Ronaldo, Aguero, Thiago Silva, Drogba, Neymar … and countless others that they can’t play in the cold of Northern Europe as they’re from a hot place? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Sorry what does that mean exactly?

Also, yes please to Iling-Junior he’s very highly rated from what I have heard, apparently promising young English player could have a very high ceiling

Basically if we sign a player on a 4 year contract then their transfer fee is split into 48 monthly parts.  E.g a £20m fee is £417k a month (£20m/48).

Only the June installment will count negatively for us up to the end of June which is the PSR period we are trying to stay out odf trouble for.  However, the entire fee for Dougie will be booked on the same period (minus whatever he has remaining on the books, which will be small).

• Thanks 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Basically if we sign a player on a 4 year contract then their transfer fee is split into 48 monthly parts.  E.g a £20m fee is £417k a month (£20m/48).

Only the June installment will count negatively for us up to the end of June which is the PSR period we are trying to stay out odf trouble for.  However, the entire fee for Dougie will be booked on the same period (minus whatever he has remaining on the books, which will be small).

Thanks man, it baffles me all this amortisation stuff. 

Just now, alreadyexists said:

What’s this warm body type stuff!? Somebody tell C Ronaldo, Aguero, Thiago Silva, Drogba, Neymar … and countless others that they can’t play in the cold of Northern Europe as they’re from a hot place? 

It does make a difference. Look at the players you listed and then say “Weston McKennies” name compared to those talents… The guy has injury issues always dealing with hamstrings, groin, etc. He isn’t suited to the Prem what so ever. 

3 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

Turin, isn’t UK weather or remotely close to it, is it? 

My point is it's moderately warmer,  the winters are also **** freezing and last time I checked football is mostly played in the winter.

2 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

It does make a difference. Look at the players you listed and then say “Weston McKennies” name compared to those talents… The guy has injury issues always dealing with hamstrings, groin, etc. He isn’t suited to the Prem what so ever. 

I’m not doubting that he isn’t suited to the Prem, it’s the hot body type stuff… I think that’s nonsense. Doesn’t stop him being rubbish but it isn’t to do with the temperature of his upbringing imo

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Very helpful, thank you. 

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

My point is it's moderately warmer,  the winters are also **** freezing and last time I checked football is mostly played in the winter.

We’ll come back to this when the guy steps off the team bus and he’s out for “fitness issues” or “muscle issues”. Done alright at Juve, but he’s known for it  here in the US… 

2 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

We’ll come back to this when the guy steps off the team bus and he’s out for “fitness issues” or “muscle issues”. Done alright at Juve, but he’s known for it  here in the US… 

Happy too.

We're linked to Motherwell midfielder Lennon Miller, only seventeen but made thirty-two appearances for their first team last season.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

Its more than crazy my friend, but you know what im done trying to make my point to others on here, they seem to be hypnotised by Unai/Monchi who can do no wrong. 

Â