Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I just hope if luiz is getting sold the curve ball is signing either olise or eze.

Both more than good enough replacements for dougie

Both so good they don’t play in his position….

58 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Gallagher, Mckennie, Iling Jnr in

Luiz and Duran out

£0 net cost

That strengthens us right considering Barkley and Archer incoming too

Net cost only matters to the owners bank manager not FFP

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Eze does ? And does it better? Olise is more a attacking player on the left but he will add some real quality to our side

Just now, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Breaking: we're swapping Ollie for Gabby and a bacon sandwich to help balance the books.

Please not Pret, Please not Pret, Please not Pret. 🤞

The sandwiches from Greggs are just not up to standard either. We need a European sandwich with a high ceiling. Maybe on ciabatta?

• Haha 1

Cannot be afraid of selling players on our terms we won’t be bullied anymore and If it’s in our interests to sell anyone I’m ok with that. 

49 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong but the Dougie for Iling Jr + Mckennie + £20m deals are being completed as separate deals as I understand it. Let's say that, worst case scenario, Iling Jr and Mckennie are valued at £20m each, that would mean the following:

Douglas Luiz sale value: £60m - This goes right on to our bottom line.
Iling Jr purchase cost: £20m - however the actual book value will be this figure amortized over the length of the contract (let's say 4 years).
Mckennie purchase cost: £20m - as above.

Profit: £60m
Cost this season: £10m

Without ANY other outgoings, that could simplistically leave us with that £50m in the bank. Again, any player purchases must be amortized which means that we'd, in theory, be able to sign a £200m player on a 5 year deal and the book cost would be £40m.

I appreciate that this is a simplistic view, but I really don't think this is going to hurt us as much as some are making out.

That’s correct but you then have to find the amortised money for each of the other 4 seasons and their wages.

its also worth noting jacks sale isn’t on next seasons 3 year accounts, and we have a wage bill that is very high for our turn over with PSR getting stricter 

53 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong but the Dougie for Iling Jr + Mckennie + £20m deals are being completed as separate deals as I understand it. Let's say that, worst case scenario, Iling Jr and Mckennie are valued at £20m each, that would mean the following:

Douglas Luiz sale value: £60m - This goes right on to our bottom line.
Iling Jr purchase cost: £20m - however the actual book value will be this figure amortized over the length of the contract (let's say 4 years).
Mckennie purchase cost: £20m - as above.

Profit: £60m
Cost this season: £10m

Without ANY other outgoings, that could simplistically leave us with that £50m in the bank. Again, any player purchases must be amortized which means that we'd, in theory, be able to sign a £200m player on a 5 year deal and the book cost would be £40m.

I appreciate that this is a simplistic view, but I really don't think this is going to hurt us as much as some are making out.

A lot to wrap my head around but I appreciate the explanation 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Eze does ? And does it better? Olise is more a attacking player on the left but he will add some real quality to our side

Both players are wide forwards/10’s

3 hours ago, Philosopher said:

If true we are getting robbed! This would be exactly like the Stephen Ireland deal.

I have been trying to tell you its true all day but you just won't accept it.

Also, there is plenty of time to replace Dougie in this window. 

The players coming in from Juve will be squad fillers and NOT a Doug replacement.

We need a bigger squad and we are getting one.

8 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

If West Ham are rumored to be signing Aleix Garcia from Girona (17m release clause) — rather have him than McKennie. Get all the money for Luiz. 

They don't have the money. But we're helping them anyway. By taking players they don't want any more.

That's why it's such a stitch-up.

It's us swapping Archer+Donk+€20m for Locatelli.

• Like 2

The Dougie deal feels like Juve has us over a barrel. They know we need to sell players and so can dictate the deal. So they get rid of their dead wood in McKennie and Iling Jr, which makes us much weaker when we need to be strengthening. 

• Thanks 1

If we sign Mckennie and Iling Jnr then only one month of amortisation would hit the 23/24 accounts rather than a full year right?  So it nearly would all be pure Dougie profit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

They don't have the money. But we're helping them anyway. By taking players they don't want any more.

That's why it's such a stitch-up.

It's us swapping Archer+Donk+€20m for Locatelli.

I agree with you and it sucks. 

Can we not ring up the Saudi’s and sell Luiz for an outrageous fee to them 🤑

I am guessing 70% of the people on here have never seen either McKennie or Illing Jr play, 20% saw McKennie go from Italian League to trying to play Leeds chaotic murder ball without success and the remaining 10% will just let the master plan play out 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

The Dougie deal feels like Juve has us over a barrel. They know we need to sell players and so can dictate the deal. So they get rid of their dead wood in McKennie and Iling Jr, which makes us much weaker when we need to be strengthening. 

McKenzie was considered one of their best players last season, and most improved. Doesn’t sound like dead wood. Iling Jr is a promising young wingback. Not the worst deal depending on how you frame it.

19 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Chill, Winstaan. We don't have to sell and replace players in positional sequence.

😀

5 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Mental view.

If we didn’t want the players, we wouldn’t get them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

If we sign Mckennie and Iling Jnr then only one month of amortisation would hit the 23/24 accounts rather than a full year right?  So it nearly would all be pure Dougie profit.

Correct 

• Thanks 3

Â