Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I think if this deal goes through then we are effecticely relegated

Wait! Does this mean we can open the thread? 

slow-sloth.gif

• Like 1

Or...We will have sorted our PSR issues (however short term those might or might not be), given ourselves room to add proper quality additions later in the window and have increased our depth with a utility player and an England U21 prospect. All in one go.

If this happens, it will only be part of the jigsaw for the window. IMO.

• Like 1

Oh great we’ll be going up against City and Liverpool with Mckennie in our central midfield and possibly Barkley and Gallagher yeah ill say nothing more, i wanted to be confident when we play those teams next season and its not looking like we are, you guys say we are not done but we only have around £80M to play with after all this, that can get you one top player and one average one. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Oh great we’ll be going up against City and Liverpool with Mckennie in our central midfield and possibly Barkley and Gallagher yeah ill say nothing more, i wanted to be confident when we play those teams next season and its not looking like we are, you guys say we are not done but we only have around £80M to play with after all this, that can get you one top player and one average one. 

The transfer window doesn't close until September. Step back from the ledge man, you might be there for quite a while.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It doesn't matter, point is these huge inflated fees are not normal, Arsenal's record sale is £32m for Oxlade-Chamberlain to Liverpool 🤣

Some of the points you've made contradict each other, you think we're undervaluing Luiz which is fine, but then deny we have PSR issues?  Once of them has to be true, which one is it?

I haven't denied PSR is a concern. I am simply not believing the unreliable links and suspect PSR isn’t as big an issue as made out. 

This deal with Juve is a really bad one whether it's football wise or financially.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Calling bullshit here - where do you watch Juventus Next Gen games?  They aren't even U21, are they?

England U21s is what I meant.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Actually it's left wing back. But his primary position is left wing.

Rogers is a player expec to be the next big thing, but didn't do well at 16 after being sold to Citeh for millions. Rogers was always a player with world class potential. He had also done well at boro.

Left wing back is what we need, so great.

If emery can turn potential into the real thing then that works for me

2 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

The transfer window doesn't close until September. Step back from the ledge man, you might be there for quite a while.

When did Doug turn into a combination of Makalele, Yaya Toure, prime Gerrard and Iniesta?

That poster makes it seem as if he was/is the whole team and is this teams equivalent of Grealish when he left FFS

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It doesn't matter, point is these huge inflated fees are not normal, Arsenal's record sale is £32m for Oxlade-Chamberlain to Liverpool 🤣

Some of the points you've made contradict each other, you think we're undervaluing Luiz which is fine, but then deny we have PSR issues?  Once of them has to be true, which one is it?

Arsenal were only a selling club until they got their post new stadium finances in order. The players they have sold in recent years haven't been good enough. They kept the best players at the club since they sold Nasri, Clichy, Adebeyor, Van Persie and so on. They all went for what we're big fees at the time.

6 minutes ago, skell said:

Left wing back is what we need, so great.

If emery can turn potential into the real thing then that works for me

But in the mean time we are weaker. Going from Italy to the Prem is a real step up. Emery's transformation job are generally average to poor prem players going to spain. It's a big difference.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When did Doug turn into a combination of Makalele, Yaya Toure, prime Gerrard and Iniesta?

That poster makes it seem as if he was/is the whole team and is this teams equivalent of Grealish when he left FFS

Probably is the equivalent of what Grealish was to be fair, definitely the most talented player in our team. 

Only difference is we aren’t a one man team but this is still a big loss. And unlike Jack we aren’t getting £100m to soften the blow but 2 players of dubious quality and less than £20m.

But hey it apparently improves our PSR position so it’s all cool.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Whatever happens, I've never been more confident the management team know what they're doing when it comes to squad management (transfers in/out).

Unai (and his team) is a great coach and he'll likely take whoever we sign up several levels.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Haha. £80 mil got us Martinez, Mcginn, Kamara, Rogers, Watkins, Bailey, Tielemans.

• Like 1

Seems like so much cognitive dissonance going on,

Emery has received a large share of his praise due to his demonstrated ability to get high quality performances from players who had apparently hit their ceiling or perhaps never had what it took to perform at the top levels.

Combine that with our relative revenue shortcomings and psr concerns, it stands to reason a strategy similar to what are seeing now was always the plan. Those pinning hopes on blockbuster signings later in the window may be again disappointed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

But in the mean time we are weaker. Going from Italy to the Prem is a real step up. Emery's transformation job are generally average to poor prem players going to spain. It's a big difference.

I don't worry about that. Moreno and Pau stepped up from another league, he has got so many performing. With emery  it's.more.about how they fit our system.

• Like 1

Â