Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

5 minutes ago, gaz90 said:

I'd describe it as more than just speculation. Did you not see Nassef's interview published in the FT this morning? He said that he's seeking legal advice on whether to lodge a formal complaint against the Premier League due to PSR being anti-competitive. Other than spelling it out, that is the closest you will get to being told from the horse's mouth that we have PSR issues, at least until the accounts are released. I don't see how anyone can deny this now.

Which actually also backs up my original post. That we are using this speculation to pressure the Premier league on PSR. As the team that defied expectations, and entertained and excited all fans and finished 4th have to sell they're best player because of PSR. 

It's politics and poly-tricks. Not as simple as being desperate to sell.

Just now, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

No need to pant wet at this stage, if Luiz does go then we will see his genuine replacement after July 1st.

We gonna spend pretty big from then onwards me think. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

If true we are getting robbed! This would be exactly like the Stephen Ireland deal.

Surely you're just trolling now?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicken Field said:

Well we know that Monchi is emery's man and we know that Emery has become our manager and not first team coach, meaning he controls all aspects of the clubs. 

Can you honestly say you have seen Illing play? He's 20 years old and played a part in Juventus last season and judging Mckennie on one season in a horrible Leeds team is extremely harsh

Iling Jr made just 4 starts for them last season. I have really only watched him for the U21s where he has looked alright (and in patches for Juve but he doesn't play much there like I said). I think he'll be another Rogers type signing which is fine, but not when one of your best players is going the other way. McKennie started a lot of games last season but Juventus have been trying to offload him for years, why do you think he was loaned out to Leeds in the first place? 

We could ask for Chiesa (who is likely to leave) or Locatelli or Cambiaso who is a decent full back. These all play in positions where they would improve us.

We are a top 4 team now but acting like bottom half team where only a bigger club's lesser players want to come to us. That's why I'm so utterly gobsmacked by this deal, it's like we've gone back to the Aston Villa of 10-15 years ago and I was hoping that was a thing of the past. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

My thought's exactly, from 1st July (or more likely after Euro's) we'll see some quality added.

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Not really. The season we have the biggest loss in is the 21/22 which accounts for the majority the PSR concern. We are also making a loss if we don't have the extra money from champions league and the higher sponsorship connected with it. Psr is over a three year period. So the next 2 seasons it will be an issue. So the cash from Luiz plus a majority champions league cash we should be able to spend. Going on the current offer, 20m for Luiz sale plus 40 to 60 million. So 80m max spend.

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

Not really. The season we have the biggest loss in is the 21/22 which accounts for the majority the PSR concern. We are also making a loss if we don't have the extra money from champions league and the higher sponsorship connected with it. Psr is over a three year period. So the next 2 seasons it will be an issue. So the cash from Luiz plus a majority champions league cash we should be able to spend. Going on the current offer, 20m for Luiz sale plus 40 to 60 million. So 80m max spend.

Next season (25/26) , we are under different financial rules 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

47 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Both these player are totally unproven in the Premier league. Mckennie was dog**** at Leeds. It's good that he's had a good season, but Serie A is not at the Premier leagues standard. Illing Jr isn't a left back. And as a winger would be below Buendia in the pecking order. More players doesn't make better squad depth. More quality players does. 

You only have to look at Rogers to see what emery  can do.  He has played attacking left back role which is what we need.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Because we need further depth.  We will probably buy a top notch midfielder as well.  It's like you want us to sign £50m+ players because we are in the Champions League but we can't with the rules as they are.  It's like you don't live in the real world.

Give it a rest, id rather us loan a couple players if we can and not sign anyone if it means selling Luiz… dont jump to conclusions!

57 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

If we solely did this there's no way we'd be able to build a squad able to compete in the CL and PL, it's just not feasible. We relied on a core of around 14 players last season. We have to strengthen the squad as a whole to remain competitive moving forwards. You're much more likely to see a few squad additions with one, or if we are lucky 2, first 11 signings.

Im only saying what i got told by Emery dont shoot me 🤝

4 minutes ago, skell said:

You only have to look at Rogers to see what emery  can do.  He has played attacking left back role which is what we need.

Actually it's left wing back. But his primary position is left wing.

Rogers is a player expec to be the next big thing, but didn't do well at 16 after being sold to Citeh for millions. Rogers was always a player with world class potential. He had also done well at boro.

25 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Do they play for a team that finished 4th?! Do they have injury issues?! Has Doug been key in us exercising control over football matches?! 

The problem is we are dealing with a foreign team. Premier league teams have more money and pay an extra premium for players proven in the Premier league.

It doesn't matter, point is these huge inflated fees are not normal, Arsenal's record sale is £32m for Oxlade-Chamberlain to Liverpool 🤣

Some of the points you've made contradict each other, you think we're undervaluing Luiz which is fine, but then deny we have PSR issues?  Once of them has to be true, which one is it?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

This is my view also, we simply have to do something before 30th June and then we start a brand new financial year. Villa will spend big I'm sure they can sort deals out allowing us to gain quality but not outlawing all the fee at once.

I don't want Luiz to be sold but I'm sure villa will have a plan and targets and I'm convinced we will come out of this better in long-term just like grealish sale.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Next season (25/26) , we are under different financial rules 

Next season is 24/25  the whole point is June 30th is the cut off point for 23/24.

3 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

So this is how i see it so far - The Luiz deal solves PSR and the guy wants to go - Deal been on the table for months and he hasn't signed it as e has wanted this, and villa happy he is out of the prem

Luiz is replaced by a marque replacement after 1st July

Mckennie will replace Dendonker and will be a viable DM so others in squad dont have to play there that, he can drop it right sided centre back for build up and even play RB meaning Konsa can go back in the centre

Iling Jnr will by looks of it replace Moreno as attacking LB but will also offer genuine pace that we can use in forward positions

Barkley then also comes in and the money spent is pretty much what we got for Sanson again improving the squad

Its all part of the Jigsaw, Emery is an elite manager who has full control and wants to challenge to win everything he enters - Trust the process

These are the sort of moves that Emery implied when he said 'we have to be smart'

30 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Oh jeez, summer 2010, I had blanked that out. Awful deal that was, this is certainly on a par.

Might as well sack next season off!

26 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Iling Jr made just 4 starts for them last season. I have really only watched him for the U21s where he has looked alright (and in patches for Juve but he doesn't play much there like I said). I think he'll be another Rogers type signing which is fine, but not when one of your best players is going the other way. McKennie started a lot of games last season but Juventus have been trying to offload him for years, why do you think he was loaned out to Leeds in the first place? 

Calling bullshit here - where do you watch Juventus Next Gen games?  They aren't even U21, are they?

Â