Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Are people not understanding the PSR rumours, or just wanting to put their fingers in their ears and ignore it all?

Because as you said, right now, they are rumours. Nobody is denying there’s an issue, but it doesn’t mean the current crop of rumours are correct either. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Some people just want to shit on reporters and think everything is a conspiracy against your team 

Yes because 99% of transfer reports in the transfer windows we know are BS.  I mean how many players have we been linked with since the season finished just as an example that most rumours are rubbish but that when one does happen a reporter then hangs their credibility off that, forgetting all the ones they got wrong.  It’s not a conspiracy, we just know how clickbait works….

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Why is it a risk? We keep a very good player for another year, with a year left on his contract next summer we won't get as much but lots of teams will still want him. Or if he runs his contract down and leaves on a free in summer 2026, who cares. We paid very little for him (£15m) and kept him for 7 years. If we have financial issues I'd rather offload players that are less valuable to us, you wouldn't see Newcastle sell Guimaeres and Isak on the cheap and Chelsea are looking to offload Gallagher for £50m despite having FFP issues of their own. If Gallagher is worth £50m with only 1 year on his contract, then Dougie is sure worth at least £80m with 2 years left on his. 

I just don't think this is a good deal in any way and no one will make me feel any different. 

We fans might want that doesn’t mean the owners and the people in charge do. So that’s where the risk comes from, let him leave with for £60 mill from the rumoured Juventus deal or let him wind his contract down potentially. Fair enough if some of us don’t think it’s a good deal (I personally wouldn’t take Mckennie but I’m not as low on him as most Villa fans), but it might be the only decent offer from a non PL club.

As for Isak and Bruno, we’d have to see a club can value a player at certain price doesn’t mean they’ll get that. If Bruno or Isak put in a transfer request, Newcastle have very little leverage(unless they have a release clause)in that case unless they want unsettled players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

The window doesn’t close if/when Dougie gets sold. It’s June!

The window has barely even started.  The Euros are still to come - people will assess targets after that (unless players aren't involved) in case of injury or performance etc. etc.  This side of the Euros will be far quieter than after.

Again, I just think people want to ignore it all.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RicRic said:

And now that Fabrizio b**tard is reporting the life out of it i really cant stand him.

Extremely risky business Imo Mckennie who was a flop at leeds and has hardly done nothing in Serie A no thank you!! 

I was only just accepting the Barkley one. (As a squad player) but this has just gone to a new level of disappointment, so ill be seeing Barkley and Mckennie and no more Luiz 😫 these are players that were only seemingly good enough for us around two seasons ago and its at THIS time we need the most premium quality type of players

You should probably start embracing frustration if these players are difficult to accept. 

Emery seemingly has a habit and long (but succesfull) history of signing other clubs flops, or just random players, and then improving them. Looking at a list of his signings, there are sooo many names that we would have been livid with signing back when he bought them, but a lof of them turned our great. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I proposed Fofana and Gallagher (and Barkley which was pretty much done) as a replacement for Luiz on 1st June, check my post. I asked if people thought we'd be better off and most posters said we would be much worse off.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but Fofana + Gallagher + Barkley is better than McKennie + Barkley. We get 3 players instead of 2, plus Fofana + Gallagher is a significantly better than just McKennie. 

So if people thought we would be worse off on 1st June with better players proposed, why do people think we will be better off now with a worse deal? I'm racking my brains. 

Doesn't mean people are right! I agree with you.f and g make us alot stronger, the current proposal alittle stronger

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Why would they open up about that sort of thing to the fanbase?  It's an absurd request.  No club does it.

Don't know what you're on about here. If our club really has put itself in a position where we have to sell one of our best players bt June 30 to not fall foul of PSR then the club clearly struggle with the rules. So those outside the football financial circles understand it even less.

15 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

This. WM and RB > Donk and Tim.

At the moment though it’s not that it’s WM and RB < DL because that’s the current movement in the two transfers as currently until we buy somebody else they are taking the likely spot of Dougie in the first XI.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Because as you said, right now, they are rumours. Nobody is denying there’s an issue, but it doesn’t mean the current crop of rumours are correct either. 

There are plenty of people denying there's an issue.

21 minutes ago, RicRic said:

What happened to only buying players that improve our first XI neither Barkley or Mckennie do this, they are nothing more than squad players.

Surely the aim should be to have a higher standard of player across the squad. For example. Would Barkley and Mckennie be an improvement on Dendonker and Chambers? I think it would. 

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

At the moment though it’s not that it’s WM and RB < DL because that’s the current movement in the two transfers as currently until we buy somebody else they are taking the likely spot of Dougie in the first XI.

Tielemans ATM is in Dougies spot.

Appears there goes my dream deal of Luiz & Cash in exchange for Leao 😂 all joking aside although not happy to lose Dougie I trust the people and system we now in place… I guess if citeh do have a sell on clause then by getting players in  exchange lowers the amount they will be given whilst satisfying any accounting issues and gives us some money to put towards this summer …  I trust the data department see something in McKennie which will improve us. Trust the process is now my motto 

Edited by thabucks

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I don’t disbelieve that. I do hope however the majority of us are still pragmatic and realistic about it. If anyone knows how to work with any possible restrictions it’s Unai.

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

We fans might want that doesn’t mean the owners and the people in charge do. So that’s where the risk comes from, let him leave with for £60 mill from the rumoured Juventus deal or let him wind his contract down potentially. Fair enough if some of us don’t think it’s a good deal (I personally wouldn’t take Mckennie but I’m not as low on him as most Villa fans), but it might be the only decent offer from a non PL club.

As for Isak and Bruno, we’d have to see a club can value a player at certain price doesn’t mean they’ll get that. If Bruno or Isak put in a transfer request, Newcastle have very little leverage(unless they have a release clause)in that case unless they want unsettled players. 

That's it though, it isn't even £60m. It's 2 players who are nothing special as far as I can see (one started just four league games and may or may not become a very good player in a few years and the other didn't score a single league goal and flopped badly at Leeds and is overweight) + 20m Euros which is actually around £17m. So it seems they are valuing Luiz at around £51m because it is in Euros. That's a pitiful valuation.

But Doug hasn't put a transfer request in. As things stand Newcastle wouldn't sell Isak or Guimaeres unless it was for silly money and they have PSR issues like us and are targeting freebies.

We seem to only be doing this because of PSR but we should be pushing other players out the door before Luiz. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'm not denying it either, just saying I find it hard to believe until it's confirmed, as it sounds like bad business, and I believe the people at the club would run it better than that.

#Calciomercato | @juventusfc, Douglas Luiz ever closer. Operation with the  @AVFCOfficial set on an adjustment between 18 and 20 million euros cash + the cards of McKennie and Iling Jr. Still a few days to finalize, but the deal is increasingly closing 
@SkySport

Edited by wishywashy
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

That's it though, it isn't even £60m. It's 2 players who are nothing special as far as I can see (one started just four league games and may or may not become a very good player in a few years and the other didn't score a single league goal and flopped badly at Leeds and is overweight) + 20m Euros which is actually around £17m. So it seems they are valuing Luiz at around £51m because it is in Euros. That's a pitiful valuation.

But Doug hasn't put a transfer request in. As things stand Newcastle wouldn't sell Isak or Guimaeres unless it was for silly money and they have PSR issues like us and are targeting freebies.

We seem to only be doing this because of PSR but we should be pushing other players out the door before Luiz. 

It is from a PSR perspective, which is all that matters.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dante_Lockhart said:

Tielemans ATM is in Dougies spot.

So my point otherwise generally still stands that we’ve lost Dougie to be replaced by WM and RB.  If Tielemans has taken Dougie’s spot then it was DL-YT-CC/TI but now it would be YT-WM-RB-CC/TI, arguably stronger depth but weaker first two rotation.

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Surely the aim should be to have a higher standard of player across the squad. For example. Would Barkley and Mckennie be an improvement on Dendonker and Chambers? I think it would. 

Are they better than Tielemens, Luiz, Mcginn, Kamara? That's the level of quality needed to improve the squad. Particularly if it means losing Luiz.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â