Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, Philosopher said:

Are you saying you're in the know, and privy to our financial accounts situation?

As an agent you surely know all the shenanigans that go on in the rumour mill.

The psr / ffp have been around for 10 years, we should be well aware of them and plan accordingly. To not do so is being negligent.

I'm not "putting my fingers in my ears" but until you or anyone else can provide facts then I find it hard to believe we would accept such a rubbish deal. As yet no fact are provided, just rumour mill. If a deal is being negotiated then the teams must be miles apart. 

Iling -Jr is a player with potential that needs development. Mckennie is a player that flopped at Leeds, and is known to have distractions outside of football. Plus, he simply lacks the technical qualities we would look for in a midfielder. 

There is just so much about it that doesn't make sense. Are things really that desperate?  If so then it's poor management, plain and simple!

Fabrizio is all over this though, im praying to god its not true because this really makes no sense at all and is making me feel sick thinking about it… THATS HOW BAD IT IS ! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Fabrizio is all over this though, im praying to god its not true because this really makes no sense at all and is making me feel sick thinking about it… THATS HOW BAD IT IS ! 

It's not bad. Squad gets improved and gives us flexibility elsewhere

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Well Juventus will be playing champions league as well, so Luiz will get to play in that should he leave.

Luiz does love the club but do you not think it’s a risk to keep him till he has 12 months left? What if we do that and then he wants to leave on a free? It’s been explained that the deal with Juventus will still help us out with PSR/FFP and can allow us to spend a bit more. Also there’s the possibility that we prefer that deal than selling him to a PL rival.

As mentioned before the market is changing in front of us again, I highly doubt many players are going to move for 70 mill plus this window. We took advantage when the market was a bit crazy, that’s why we got £20 mill for Chukwuemeka etc. 

Why is it a risk? We keep a very good player for another year, with a year left on his contract next summer we won't get as much but lots of teams will still want him. Or if he runs his contract down and leaves on a free in summer 2026, who cares. We paid very little for him (£15m) and kept him for 7 years. If we have financial issues I'd rather offload players that are less valuable to us, you wouldn't see Newcastle sell Guimaeres and Isak on the cheap and Chelsea are looking to offload Gallagher for £50m despite having FFP issues of their own. If Gallagher is worth £50m with only 1 year on his contract, then Dougie is sure worth at least £80m with 2 years left on his. 

I just don't think this is a good deal in any way and no one will make me feel any different. 

Edited by Leeroy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

What happened to only buying players that improve us neither Barkley or Mckennie do this, they are nothing more than squad players.

Because we need further depth.  We will probably buy a top notch midfielder as well.  It's like you want us to sign £50m+ players because we are in the Champions League but we can't with the rules as they are.  It's like you don't live in the real world.

38 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We've also been linked with a Soler/Baena type CM as well as Gallagher.  So if Luiz does go, Iling-Junior and McKennie are not replacements, just added squad depth.  The Luiz replacement will be signed after the Euros.

I think this is the reasoning that makes sense. or they are replacements for moreno and dendonker, which are improvements (potentially). also see rumours for other CMs (Gabriel Veiga)

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Because we need further depth.  We will probably buy a top notch midfielder as well.  It's like you want us to sign £50m+ players because we are in the Champions League but we can't with the rules as they are.  It's like you don't live in the real world.

Waaaaaay too much FIFA and football manager played by that individual.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

What happened to only buying players that improve our first XI neither Barkley or Mckennie do this, they are nothing more than squad players.

Remember last season when we had about 7 first team players injured and we went on a bad run towards the end of the season which culminated in us losing a European semi -final and just about holding on to 4th place... that's why we need better squad players

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yes but players and their agents are informed about the situation and given permission to speak to other clubs.  The club let them know their reasons for making them available as quite often, players don't want to leave and so it's explained to them why the are being sold. 

Happens all the time.

FWIW, I have no idea whether Doug actually wants to leave, but either way, it appears likely he will be.

How would it benefit the club to inform agents and player of such thing. Players, play football, not accounting. Agents find the best deals for player. If I ran a club I'd say to an agent "we want to sell X quickly, can you do this," or "we are looking to cash in X's current demand, but want it done quick so we can use the proceeds to strengthen." In what way does it benefit the club if we say "we have to sell X, otherwise psr will bite us on the a***?"

Sorry but the PSR stuff is speculation. Not fact, until the clubs accounts are published.

6 minutes ago, RicRic said:

What happened to only buying players that improve our first XI neither Barkley or Mckennie do this, they are nothing more than squad players.

If we solely did this there's no way we'd be able to build a squad able to compete in the CL and PL, it's just not feasible. We relied on a core of around 14 players last season. We have to strengthen the squad as a whole to remain competitive moving forwards. You're much more likely to see a few squad additions with one, or if we are lucky 2, first 11 signings.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Signing Gallagher is the key to this. 

Yes, but we wouldn't be signing him, with whatever money Juve were willing to pay us, after deducting their inflated fees for the make weights in such a deal.

We would probably still need to find £30m somewhere. Unless Dougie wants out or UE wants him out or there is a £60m clause in his contract or we have to find  £20m+ for PSR immediately (all of which I doubt), I would prefer to keep him, than sell him for around half of what he's actually worth to us imo. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, skell said:

You could argue mckennis and Barkley strenthen the squad. No more chambers off the bench ir playing JM in a different role. Overall better despite losing an arguably better player

I proposed Fofana and Gallagher (and Barkley which was pretty much done) as a replacement for Luiz on 1st June, check my post. I asked if people thought we'd be better off and most posters said we would be much worse off.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but Fofana + Gallagher + Barkley is better than McKennie + Barkley. We get 3 players instead of 2, plus Fofana + Gallagher is a significantly better than just McKennie. 

So if people thought we would be worse off on 1st June with better players proposed, why do people think we will be better off now with a worse deal? I'm racking my brains. 

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Are people not understanding the PSR rumours, or just wanting to put their fingers in their ears and ignore it all?

Every fanbase has these type of guys, "we bought Rogers in January it's obvious we dont have FFP issues even though about every media is reporting it". Some people just want to shit on reporters and think everything is a conspiracy against your team 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Are people not understanding the PSR rumours, or just wanting to put their fingers in their ears and ignore it all?

If the rumours are true then the club don't understand them let alone us!

5 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Remember last season when we had about 7 first team players injured and we went on a bad run towards the end of the season which culminated in us losing a European semi -final and just about holding on to 4th place... that's why we need better squad players

But then you're removing key first 11 players (Dougie starts every game if he's fit let's be honest) to bring in inferior ones. I agree with strengthening the squad per se, but not at the expense of making our first 11 considerably weaker. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

If the rumours are true then the club don't understand them let alone us!

Why would they open up about that sort of thing to the fanbase?  It's an absurd request.  No club does it.

8 minutes ago, skell said:

It's not bad. Squad gets improved and gives us flexibility elsewhere

Both these player are totally unproven in the Premier league. Mckennie was dog**** at Leeds. It's good that he's had a good season, but Serie A is not at the Premier leagues standard. Illing Jr isn't a left back. And as a winger would be below Buendia in the pecking order. More players doesn't make better squad depth. More quality players does. 

Â