Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I had it at 90-95m but you are right on the next accounts no 100m profit from Jack next season

That could easily be based on using slightly different transfer estimates, wage estimates for 23/24, or how much we think the women's football costs. So think we got to fairly similar places with jist some slight differences in assumptions. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

That could easily be based on using slightly different transfer estimates, wage estimates for 23/24, or how much we think the women's football costs. So think we got to fairly similar places with jist some slight differences in assumptions. 

Just to remind everyone that the 100m from the Grealish sale was spread over 3 yearly payments.

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I was thinking we could have done the same with Chelsea. if PSR is an issue for both

We buy Gallagher and they buy Luiz.

inflate the prices a touch and solve PSR without losing out. Both teams get a quality player each 

Then loan back to each other for a season.

And buy them back off each other the following season.  All problems solved (probably).

6 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Not quite the answers to my questions, yet you bring an up interesting point. 
All the prices quoted for any of our players is always speculation. much like any player we are linked to.. Reports are always all over the shop when guessing a players fee. 
we will be negotiating as usual and we will be accepting a good price when it comes. If we were desperate to accept lowball offers, Doug and Matty would be eating the finest pizza right now. We could be hard up PSR wise, but it’s clear we are not desperate. 

Why? are they going to NY red bulls 👀😂 i mean if we’re talking finest 🤐

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

The man in that photo is 24. Let that sink in for a moment. Motherf**** looks 34. 

Chariots of Fire was over 40 years ago. 

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Sorry they were being investigated it seems like nothing came of it. But we've seen how uefa treats clubs like ours as essentially second class citizens I would worry they might make an issue out of it. 

UEFA aren't the worry for me.  It is likely to get to the point where it goes beyond the football authorities.  In Italy things have tended to escalate quickly when the Guardia Finanzia have started investigating clubs and individuals.  Those guys have spent years taking out the heads of the Mafia families on things like tax fraud, etc.  So they aren't messing around with points deductions or fines - they'll be looking at fraud / tax fraud / false accounting / possible money laundering / etc and massive fines of custodial sentences.  So we need to be very careful playing this "dodge" of PSR by over-inflating prices because I'm sure some of the ideas suggested are very close to breaking the law rather than just PSR rules.  

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Barkley In 
Luiz Out 

Greatest window ever 😆 Lemme guess

Maupay In   
Watkins Out 

Konsa Out

Maguire (Loan with obligation to buy)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Barkley In 
Luiz Out 

Greatest window ever 😆 Lemme guess

Maupay In   
Watkins Out 

But then you remember who we have in charge.

FWIW I will be surprised to see, any big money signings or sales.

I think with Monchi who has an eye for bargains, and Unai who has a knack for developing players......that will be the route we will go down.

I am not saying that will be derogatory, on the contrary..... we will strengthen, with prudent business, of that, I am sure.....just as excited as ever.

Our guys, are savvy in this business, and I trust them.

• Like 1

If Luiz goes and we get this McKennie, is he a direct replacement for Luiz, or is this going to be a mix of McKennie and Barkley doing that job Luiz carried out?

Edited by Hank Scorpio

5 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Just to remind everyone that the 100m from the Grealish sale was spread over 3 yearly payments.

Interesting.

i don’t know if that means it’s 33 a year or 100 in one go. 

anyone know? Would make a big difference to us

Â