Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Van nisterooy came from dutch league and he is one PLs best ever strikers

But he had qualities such as pace, he was 6'2 and surprisingly strong. He was also a nasty bugger, dirty, and concealed his aggressive streak. Now Holland is similar to Belgium in quality. He was also a regular starter for the Netherlands at a time when Dutch football was at a higher standing, and the prem was the clear top league in the world. Previously it was similar in standing to the French league.

On Brobby, he is only 21, strong, quick and aggressive, the qualities a prem striker thrive with.  Against us we marshalled him well, but he gave our defenders a battle. I can see the potential.

Pav would get eaten up, his confidence destroyed and he'd never be the same player again, just like Sammata! Duran would murder that league. 

Suarez was all action, everywhere, constant menace, running at, in behind, dropping off, pressing like a demon. Plus loads of goals. Was also very impressive in European games against strong opposition. The eye test was a clear pass. 

When I see Pav is see a guy not aggressive enough, not strong enough, not quick enough to handle this league. I'm not saying he isn't a good player but he isn't cut out for the Premier league.

Imagine if we had these fit for most the season and playing together consistently. Some midfield that!

* Insert Luiz to anybody transfer link to stay on topic

FB_IMG_1718019504773.jpg

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I gave you a like for Alves. What a stinker. They thought they were getting the next Suarez

I’m not sure they did. Alves signed for Boro 3 years before Suarez came to the Prem.

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Imagine if we had these fit for most the season and playing together consistently. Some midfield that!

* Insert Luiz to anybody transfer link to stay on topic

FB_IMG_1718019504773.jpg

vjrAJ2.gif

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I really miss the telly text close season where you could phone a Number on the page and listen to somebody speak very slowly about possible transfer targets (eventually) for £1 a minute

Villa close to signing international ace

Then we sign Eirik Bakke

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I don’t think having a few good appearances against us is enough to sign certain players either. 

The old Villa transfer policy

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

it isn't about making profits it is about staying with a FFP 105m loss.

I am convinced because I have looked at the two years accounts that have been published and then looked at what we have done since. I have listened to the so called experts who are serious rather than some stupid national newspapers valuing our players at 60% of their value and even giving the wrong accounts date. Not to mention none of them tell fans that they can just sell physical assets to our parent company like the training ground. ITS ALL BULL

🤣

You're guesstimating based off of 2 years of accounts, the last of which we lost £105m in... since which:

• we've sold a couple of youth players,
  • some which we need to buy back,
  • Bought Diaby for £50m, and Pau for £30m
  • Cut a kit deal early, not knowing the implications and whether Adidas will get finances in this season or next.
  • Loan deals both in and out we have no idea on the wage splits of.
  • We already know we increased our wage bill by qualifying for Europe.

The idea you've looked at the accounts and made an estimate based off it is pretty ludicrous, your estimates are just as likely to be wildly wrong as Journalists are.

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

That’s a bit too simplistic. Things are rarely that black and white. If we’d taken that approach when we signed Paul McGrath from Man Utd then we would have missed out on the greatest centre half ever to grace VP.

I dont think there's period in our history where judging a player based on his failure at another club would be more pointless than it is right now.

Emery has shown repeatedly through his career, and very recently with us, that he can get players operating above levels they ever previously displayed.

That's not to say we should sign only and every cast, but anyone Emery signs will be someone be thinks will do a good job for him. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Van nisterooy came from dutch league and he is one PLs best ever strikers

Mateja Kežman came from the dutch league and he is one of PL's worst ever strikers.
Luis Suarez came from the dutch league and is one of the PL's best ever strikers.
Jozy Altidore came from the dutch league and he is one of PL's worst ever strikers.

Bit of a mixed bag from that league, just because one player was great doesn't mean another will be, they've mostly been flops bar a few exceptions.

39 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

When do we think the players will be back for pre-season training?

Friendly against Walsall is 15th July so probably a couple of weeks before that for players not on international duty.

Ignore that date, that was last years! The first friendly is 20th July against Spartan Trvana.

Edited by WallisFrizz

38 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I don’t think having a few good appearances against us is enough to sign certain players either. 

That's how Martin O'Neil operated. Now identifying a player that you think is quality through your pre match scouting perhaps like we did with Rogers but going el-kaabi scored 5 vs us when they played us perfectly is hardly a robust indicator of potential success in the prem. 

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Friendly against Walsall is 15th July so probably a couple of weeks before that for players not on international duty.

Yep, I'd guess so. Around three weeks time. I wonder if they'd ideally like to get players in by then - learning the Unai way can take a little time.

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

How sure are you that the losses don’t affect PSR?

also, how sure are you that Doug is worth a minimum of £80m?  Why not 70m, or 100m?

Very sure.

the value if Doug is subjective, you know that, it definitely isn’t 40/50m. You compare to other similar transfers. 

12 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

🤣

You're guesstimating based off of 2 years of accounts, the last of which we lost £105m in... since which:

• we've sold a couple of youth players,
  • some which we need to buy back,
  • Bought Diaby for £50m, and Pau for £30m
  • Cut a kit deal early, not knowing the implications and whether Adidas will get finances in this season or next.
  • Loan deals both in and out we have no idea on the wage splits of.
  • We already know we increased our wage bill by qualifying for Europe.

The idea you've looked at the accounts and made an estimate based off it is pretty ludicrous, your estimates are just as likely to be wildly wrong as Journalists are.

Diaby didn’t cost that, but ok. 
addidas is next years accounts.

those youth players generated a large profit.

the buy back is next accounts

cutting the kit deal is next accounts

wages of two players isn’t going to break the bank.

Â